• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prague vs Budapest
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
Prague vs Budapest
I'm currently trying to decide where I want to live for the next few months. It has to be in a european timezone, and preferably should have a relatively low cost of living. It would also help if I could get by without knowing much of the local language as English is the only language I am fluent in.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to Prague or Budapest. I've lived in Prague before and absolutely loved it, but I like to try new places and have only heard good things about Budapest.

I'd appreciate any feedback from people who have been to both places and can compare the two.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2013, 06:43 AM by Hicks.)
06-27-2013, 06:42 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
RE: Prague vs Budapest
I've lived about six years in Budapest and stayed one month in Prague.

Do Prague. No question about it... Hungarian are strange and a little evil. Hungary is in bad shape politically and the country is in constant state of unrest. You can Google it.

But renting apartments and moving around is so easy, I'd just do both. I spent a month in Prague, a month in Berlin, a month in Krakow... its easy.
06-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Why only these two places?

What about Romania, Poland, Bulgaria or Ukraine?

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2013, 07:33 AM by Dash.)
06-27-2013, 07:31 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(06-27-2013, 06:51 AM)007 Game Wrote: Hungarian are strange and a little evil.

Could you elaborate on that? It goes against what a few people have told me, although none of them stayed there for the length of time you did.

(06-27-2013, 06:51 AM)007 Game Wrote: But renting apartments and moving around is so easy, I'd just do both. I spent a month in Prague, a month in Berlin, a month in Krakow... its easy.

I've lived in Berlin for a few months and really didn't like it. Not my scene at all. With Krakow, a decent chunk of my income comes from online poker and they made playing on a lot of sites illegal a couple of years ago.

Quote:Why only these two places?

Bucharest is somewhere I'd consider, but when I was weighing it up against Prague and Budapest it didn't seem to measure up.

Poland, I've already mentioned.

Bulgaria I've visited before and I would not want to live there. Maybe Sunny Beach for a month during summer, but that would be it.

Ukraine I've dismissed because of the difficulties with only speaking English. It's somewhere I'd like to visit (and probably will before the end of the year), but it doesn't seem to be the best option for an extended stay. I did think about maybe doing a month in a few different places, but the upheaval would be a bit of a chore. I'd rather find somewhere to make my base of operations and then do short-term trips to other places.
06-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
(06-27-2013, 07:53 AM)Hicks Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 06:51 AM)007 Game Wrote: Hungarian are strange and a little evil.

Could you elaborate on that? It goes against what a few people have told me, although none of them stayed there for the length of time you did.

(06-27-2013, 06:51 AM)007 Game Wrote: But renting apartments and moving around is so easy, I'd just do both. I spent a month in Prague, a month in Berlin, a month in Krakow... its easy.

I've lived in Berlin for a few months and really didn't like it. Not my scene at all. With Krakow, a decent chunk of my income comes from online poker and they made playing on a lot of sites illegal a couple of years ago.

Quote:Why only these two places?

Bucharest is somewhere I'd consider, but when I was weighing it up against Prague and Budapest it didn't seem to measure up.

Poland, I've already mentioned.

Bulgaria I've visited before and I would not want to live there. Maybe Sunny Beach for a month during summer, but that would be it.

Ukraine I've dismissed because of the difficulties with only speaking English. It's somewhere I'd like to visit (and probably will before the end of the year), but it doesn't seem to be the best option for an extended stay. I did think about maybe doing a month in a few different places, but the upheaval would be a bit of a chore. I'd rather find somewhere to make my base of operations and then do short-term trips to other places.

Who told you it's difficult not speaking the lingo in Ukraine? I've been here for 2 years and barely speak anything.

Maybe you've been listening to Roosh the rapist, if I was a girl I would tell him I don't speak English too Smile

Come and check out Lviv makes Krakow look like a pile of shit regarding women, plus I need wingmen Smile
06-27-2013, 08:15 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(06-27-2013, 08:15 AM)deb auchery Wrote: Who told you it's difficult not speaking the lingo in Ukraine? I've been here for 2 years and barely speak anything.

Maybe you've been listening to Roosh the rapist, if I was a girl I would tell him I don't speak English too Smile

Come and check out Lviv makes Krakow look like a pile of shit regarding women, plus I need wingmen Smile

Damn, I was struggling to decide with 2 options, adding a 3rd into the mix is only going to make this tougher.

Even if I don't move there this time, I'll almost definitely be making a trip to Lviv before the end of the year. I'll let you know when I'm heading over, having a good wingman always makes things easier.
06-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

hungary will be a little cheaper for you as opposed to prague. nightlife i would say is excellent in both places. girls are both hot but i prefer czech girls (personal opinion). It may be different for others but i found hungarian girls to be a bit odd. Czech girls are awesome i love them.

So as you can see from my narrative, i am hinting at Prague. Prague is amazing. But since you already lived in Prague you should probably do Budapest. Or like Van said, do both the cities are only a train ride away.
06-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
(06-27-2013, 11:26 PM)Scopes_on_the_AR Wrote: hungary will be a little cheaper for you as opposed to prague. nightlife i would say is excellent in both places. girls are both hot but i prefer czech girls (personal opinion). It may be different for others but i found hungarian girls to be a bit odd. Czech girls are awesome i love them.

So as you can see from my narrative, i am hinting at Prague. Prague is amazing. But since you already lived in Prague you should probably do Budapest. Or like Van said, do both the cities are only a train ride away.

I have three friends that were here in Ukraine and now are spending time in Budapest. They are disappointed in terms of quality compared to Ukraine, there are some very sexy women there but they seem to be harder to find.

Hungarian women are very slutty though, they will suck your cock in a nightclub, then go and start kissing other guys.

My friend spoke very highly of Ostrava in CR today, better than Prague, no idea what it's like to live there though
06-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(06-28-2013, 12:52 AM)deb auchery Wrote: Hungarian women are very slutty though, they will suck your cock in a nightclub, then go and start kissing other guys.

So what you're saying is get to the club early, and don't kiss anybody near the end.
06-28-2013, 02:55 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
Well yeah can be good turning up early, if she'll kiss you at the end, chances are she's kissed other guys that night.

I dunno, I like Budapest, I find the girls slutty, but they can also tease a lot.
06-28-2013, 04:52 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

ostrava huh? Well the city looks nowhere near that of prague or even Brno, but it would make sense to have good success there. It's not a tourist destination by any means and czech girls are still czech girls (HOT) except no thirsty tourists trying to get their dicks wet.

06-28-2013, 05:16 AM
Find Reply