• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Town vs City game
[-]
  •
Ulysses Offline
Stowaway

Town vs City game
Hi all,

I'm going to do a little tour of Eastern Europe just by myself in my car.

I will have full liberty about where to go, how long to stay and what to do. No set plan.

I was thinking: most game material I read about happens in big cities. But what about small, off-the-beaten-path towns nobody goes to?

Pros: no tourists, higher exotic factor, cheaper

Cons? I suppose: no nightlife, more closed minded, "small town" effect (everybody knows everybody), more dangerous if local betas are agressive with an outlander being in their territory, harder to come up with excuses of why you are there and what you are doing in the town...

Anyway, anybody has first hand experience on this, and can compare to how things go in big cities? An untapped vein, or a player's demise ?
06-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Town vs City game
you bring up some good pros and cons when comparing these cities. For me there is a very fine line between TOWNS i would consider exploring. If you pick too big of a town, chances are it's a city type setup many tourists, etc. If you pick a small town, it may be dead and also girls are worried about others seeing what she does because "everyone knows each other" and dudes can get more territorial.....

it's a very thin line. With that said, here is what towns i would recommend. I havent been to all of them but i get a good feeling:

- Brno, Czech Replublic (big town and not too many tourists yet)
- Kosice, Slovakia
- Poznan, Poland (city, but an untapped tourist resource as of now)
- Wroclaw, Poland (city, but an untapped tourist resource as of now)
- Lviv, Ukraine (City and more known among tourists now but still very nice!!)
- Timisoara, Romania (City but smaller than bucharest)
- Zagreb, Croatia (City but not a big tourist base yet)

I also hear good things for picking up chicks in Ostrava, CZ
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2013, 01:03 AM by The Realness.)
06-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Ulysses Offline
Stowaway

Thanks for that list Scopes!

Still I would clasify all of those locations as cities. I would only call town to a place with less than 40k population.

Another con I can think of, is that in small towns it is less likely people will speak English compared to big cities, so if you don't have a grasp of the local language you can have much bigger problems in general. Also getting noticed much easier by the local gopniki (chavs) as a juicy target.

My only experience in small towns has always been within a social circle (visiting the town of somebody I know), and just with the through-the-roof exotic factor 80% of the work was done.

Up to the point of being in a pub in a town of a former girlfriend, having girls flirting with me, me saying "sorry but I have a girlfriend here, she is on her way" (I was a sucker, I know) and them replying in the lines of "then we will have to be quick before she arrives!". Of course in a jokingly manner, but that sort of stuff has never happened to me in big cities (I'm average looking).

But I guess just dropping in a town by yourself not knowing anybody, can be even harder work and more dangerous than in a big metropolis.
06-29-2013, 01:16 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

small towns like that are hard work unless you know somebody there. its not worth it for me. My reasoning is as long as it's not flooded with tourists, anywhere in east europe should be ok. but it has to be a big town like the ones i mentioned because then you will have good nightlife, more opportunities etc
06-29-2013, 01:30 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
Forget about smaller towns than on the list. Such places will be extremely conservative, nothing to do, no place to meet girls, less educated, suspicious of your intention.... you can try it for fun but I guarantee it will be a waste of time.
06-29-2013, 04:00 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
minotavros Offline
Boatswain

United Kingdom
i totally agree with 007 Game, in small towns people don't get laid they are very busy commuting, working crazy hours and dealing with millionaires sex gurus on the INTERNET..
S4F/G4B
06-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Ulysses Offline
Stowaway

(06-29-2013, 01:30 AM)Scopes_on_the_AR Wrote: small towns like that are hard work unless you know somebody there. its not worth it for me. My reasoning is as long as it's not flooded with tourists, anywhere in east europe should be ok. but it has to be a big town like the ones i mentioned because then you will have good nightlife, more opportunities etc

That's what I thought. But I think it's also seasonal. During holidays or weekends many university students come back from the big cities to the town.

(06-29-2013, 04:00 AM)007 Game Wrote: Forget about smaller towns than on the list. Such places will be extremely conservative, nothing to do, no place to meet girls, less educated, suspicious of your intention.... you can try it for fun but I guarantee it will be a waste of time.

I might give it a go just for the fuck of it during my travels. I'm in my own car so no hardship stopping in any town I want for a few days. Will report! But I suspect it will be as you say.

(06-30-2013, 11:54 PM)minotavros Wrote: i totally agree with 007 Game, in small towns people don't get laid they are very busy commuting, working crazy hours and dealing with millionaires sex gurus on the INTERNET..

Sorry I didn't get this, is it sarcasm?

07-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
undertheradar Offline
Banned

Sweden
I think you are over thinking town/city game. You are just passing through, so really, small or big, you can meet girls to hook up with. Just some places are more open than others. So it's more about the culture and peoe vs small or big. Basically, stick to the west, not east, because in general you'll get more one night stands and faster action in the west. Good luck.
07-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

(07-01-2013, 08:39 AM)undertheradar Wrote: I think you are over thinking town/city game. You are just passing through, so really, small or big, you can meet girls to hook up with. Just some places are more open than others. So it's more about the culture and peoe vs small or big. Basically, stick to the west, not east, because in general you'll get more one night stands and faster action in the west. Good luck.

in the west????? since when?
07-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
undertheradar Offline
Banned

Sweden
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2013, 05:20 AM by undertheradar.)
07-07-2013, 05:04 AM
Find Reply