Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why any Alpha can (and should) start an online business
[-] The following 1 user Likes 007 Game's post:
  • Vorkuta
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
Why any Alpha can (and should) start an online business
Large companies have high expenses that a guy sitting at home does not have.

Large companies are slow to react to changing trends and on this "internet thing" shit changes on a daily basis.

Large companies won't use black hat SEO.

Large companies have too many people making decisions, too many conflicting interests between departments, ego wars between management, and all kind of other shit.

Large companies have tons of other disadvantages, if I cared I'd spend more time to think about them.

Any guy can build an ecommerce site (or some service, or an app, whatever) with 5000 Euro (or less) that looks and runs better than that of a fortune 500 company and then have the same "virtual" presence as that of a large company, because there is no real real estate involved.

Once you set yourself up - all you need to do is find a way to advertise your business with positive ROI , meaning that for every $1 you spend on ads - you'll make at least $1.01.

(for the one guy who doesn't speak English on this forum - ROI means RETURN ON INVESTMENT)

Even if you make just $0.01 (one cent) profit on every dollar you spend - you've still hit the jackpot, because then you can spend $1,000,000 in ads and still make a $10,000 profit.

If you're a beta, gama, delta or any other Greek letter which isn't Alpha - sure, go get a job someplace. Any Alpha should be starting his business and in our day and age, an online venture would be it.

Then, when you're making money while being your own boss - go and volunteer in Africa, learn how to play the guitar, travel, open a pub FOR FUN (not for money) and do any other shit you want.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2013, 10:24 PM by 007 Game.)
07-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Why any guy can (and should) start an online business
Quote: If you're a beta, gama, delta or any other Greek letter which isn't Alpha - sure, go get a job someplace.

Contradicts the title thread.

On a more pleasant note... what's with the whole 007 thing? You don't wear black ties do you? You're not british? Are you a secret agent?

Trying to make sense of it all.
07-29-2013, 10:19 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Why any Alpha can (and should) start an online business
On the subject of SEO. All SEO is black hat by definition. Google states that any forced link building is not allowed so anyone manually building links in anyway is doing blackhat SEO.

But anyway a knowledge of SEO is not at all important you can run a successful internet business without SEO. You don't need search engines for traffic. Google is not the internet.
07-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
SEO is not just link building. Different title sizes is SEO too and it's "recommended" by Google. So not every SEO is black hat.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/ch...95542?rd=1

•Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide (downloadable PDF): Google's official guide to optimizing your site for Google Web Search.

http://static.googleusercontent.com/exte...-guide.pdf

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2013, 10:47 PM by 007 Game.)
07-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Been looking a flippa for some potential sites to buy.
07-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
undertheradar Offline
Banned

Sweden
I try to get organic traffic for keywords to some of my money site. Google changes a lot. What things do people use that can get a lot of targeted traffic for specific buying keywords?
07-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
minotavros Offline
Boatswain

United Kingdom
(07-29-2013, 10:19 PM)Sexyback Wrote:
Quote: If you're a beta, gama, delta or any other Greek letter which isn't Alpha - sure, go get a job someplace.

Contradicts the title thread.

On a more pleasant note... what's with the whole 007 thing? You don't wear black ties do you? You're not british? Are you a secret agent?

Trying to make sense of it all.

The answer is very simple..VOV has targeted the UK market.. He needs a name that creates a connection and a sense of trust..
It's called cultural awareness.. In USA he probably uses names like SAD BUFFALO OR UGLY COYOTE..

What he hasn't realized yet is that people in Europe are more educated and smart than the average American..
S4F/G4B
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2013, 11:41 PM by minotavros.)
07-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

(07-29-2013, 10:46 PM)007 Game Wrote: SEO is not just link building. Different title sizes is SEO too and it's "recommended" by Google. So not every SEO is black hat.

•Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide (downloadable PDF): Google's official guide to optimizing your site for Google Web Search.

Yeah sure SEO includes on page factors too but the majority of SEO is done off site and is about backlinking, still the number 1 way Google ranks sites and any forced link building is considered blackhat.

Anyway fuck SEO there's no need for it. Plenty of other source for traffic.

(07-29-2013, 11:24 PM)undertheradar Wrote: I try to get organic traffic for keywords to some of my money site. Google changes a lot. What things do people use that can get a lot of targeted traffic for specific buying keywords?

My advice would be to stop worrying about Google and search engine traffic and look at getting traffic from other sources. Googles not the internet remember.

There's endless options such as forum marketing, banner ads, email marketing, solo ads, content marketing / syndication / guest blogging, blog commenting, video marketing, PPC, PPV, social media, Reddit etc etc.

(07-29-2013, 11:35 PM)minotavros Wrote: What he hasn't realized yet is that people in Europe are more educated and smart than the average American..

You're not doing much to prove that right are you.

07-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zoom Offline
Gunner

This is very true.

There are a lot of options, but it's important to not get distracted. Stick to one plan and one traffic source and you should be able to profit eventually.
07-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
fucksong Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
What about if it's artist created content/entertainment related? Youtube is the only source that matters and I dont think black hat seo works there (am I wrong?). If you are an aspiring actor/songwriter/designer, etc, connections matter and are almost everything since it's the "tastemakers" that dictate what is cool and hip to the rest of the sheep followers. Example, just this last weekend, ran into an old acquaintance who makes jewelry and struggled for years in San Francisco working at cafes. Spends a short amount of time in LA and now her shit is featured in some magazines because of her "connections". And unless you're on a major label with ties to Vevo, you wont get front page listings. Any sudden "discovery" in my opinion has been a well executed marketing campaign complete with the right bloggers, press and radio to push it (for any genre)
Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) My personal journey of improving myself as a man and finding happiness

https://kaizenmanofsteel.wordpress.com
07-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

fucksong not even sure what you're on about tbh or what it has to do with the topic.

And it's VERY easy to do SEO on YT videos and have them rank highly as Google will never punish their own videos (they own Youtube) for unnatural link building. I used to rank videos for competitive keywords all the time and link to affiliate offers. A year on some of those videos are still ranking and bring in passive income.
07-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan

A very targeted way to advertise is via Facebook. You can narrow down by age, location, sex, and interests. Lets say you sell Acer computers in the states, you can show your ads only to males, in US and Canada, age 16-35, who are fans of the Acer page. Pretty targeted I'd say.
07-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
undertheradar Offline
Banned

Sweden
Facebook ads work well. I'm most interested in #1 spots on search engines. I lost a lot of money when starting out. Better to find a right market before selling product to.
(07-30-2013, 09:42 AM)RockingForever Wrote:
(07-29-2013, 10:46 PM)007 Game Wrote: SEO is not just link building. Different title sizes is SEO too and it's "recommended" by Google. So not every SEO is black hat.

Yeah sure SEO includes on page factors too but the majority of SEO is done off site and is about backlinking, still the number 1 way Google ranks sites and any forced link building is considered blackhat.

Anyway fuck SEO there's no need for it. Plenty of other source for traffic.

(07-29-2013, 11:24 PM)undertheradar Wrote: I try to get organic traffic for keywords to some of my money site. Google changes a lot. What things do people use that can get a lot of targeted traffic for specific buying keywords?

My advice would be to stop worrying about Google and search engine traffic and look at getting traffic from other sources. Googles not the internet remember.

There's endless options such as forum marketing, banner ads, email marketing, solo ads, content marketing / syndication / guest blogging, blog commenting, video marketing, PPC, PPV, social media, Reddit etc etc.

(07-29-2013, 11:35 PM)minotavros Wrote: What he hasn't realized yet is that people in Europe are more educated and smart than the average American..

You're not doing much to prove that right are you.

Yes lots of media to choose from. It's a out finding the best buying list though. Many of those are a waste of time. Dedicated email is good but can cost money. Google #1 ranking is amazing because its virtually free and gets buyers coming in. Any form that's similar I'd be interested in. Heard amazon is good too.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2013, 08:36 PM by undertheradar.)
07-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Facebook Ads are great, super targeted.

Sure if you rank #1 in Google it's fantastic but it's not something I'd spend all my time and money chasing because it could be gone overnight with a Google algorithm update or a competitor with better SEO skills / more money to spend than you. And it's really not free at all because it costs money to buy and run SEO tools or a shit load of time to do it manually.

Most of those aren't a waste of time if you know how to do them properly and can monetize the traffic. That's all it boils down to.

Email marketing is without a doubt the best way to make money. Anyone not funneling their traffic into an email list is loosing out on so much repeat traffic and sales. There's not a successful company in the world that doesn't have a customer list and it should be no different for anyone doing business online.
07-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
I've never really got into email marketing, I have over 100,000 email addresses. What would you do with them?
07-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Find Reply