[-] The following 1 user Likes Dash's post:
  • Hidden Gems
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Dash's Ultimate Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam Sheet
[Image: ghi.jpg]

Overview

Ho Chi Minh, formerly named Saigon is the largest city in Vietnam and has a population around 8 million. It was formally a French Colony and one can see the French influence in the architecture around the city. Be sure to try the unofficial national dish named Pho.

Getting Here

Before coming you will need to get a visa which will cost you around 60-75 usd if you are arriving by bus from say Cambodia. I think they do visa on arrival at the International Airport. Tan Son Nhat is the International Airport. Buses are pretty cheap. I paid 12 usd from Phnom Penh to HCMC.

Currency

Vietnam uses the dong. At the moment 1 usd = 22,000 dong. I didnt know this when I arrived and paid the price. More on that later.

Getting Around

Taxis and motos will be your means of transportation. For taxis only use Vinasun taxis. I found out the hard way when I arrived and took a different taxi from the bus station His meter was rigged and for a short trip in which should have been 3-5 usd he jacked me for 23 usd (500,000d) Told the bitch to wait while I asked how much the conversion was and he took off in his taxi. This is common as I have read about this on tripadvisor (after the fact sadly). You will be constantly asked if you want to take a moto. They are good for places around District 1. Pay no more than 30,000-60,0000 dong.

Logistics

Only one option here, you are gonna want to stay in District 1. This is where most of the nightlife is, things to see around the city, many restaurants, and is the nicest part. Try to get something around Vincom center. I stayed at Luxury Hotel for about 26 usd a night. Good value for the money. It is girl friendly as well. Search for it or other hotels on Agoda. One thing of note, Vietnam is strict about no overnight guests. Most 4-5 star hotels will not allow girls to stay over. Get the 2-3 star hotels on the side streets as your chances will be much better.

The Girls

Vietnamese girls are very pretty. They have a very Chinese look to them so they are more white and have slimmer faces than their Thai and Cambodian counterparts. They also are known to have a decent rack. The negative to Vietnamese girls is that they are very conservative. Many do not go out partying, have curfews, will not put out on the first date etc. Keep that in mind when you travel here.

Online Game

Online and daygame are gonna be big here. For online sign up for VietnameseCupid.

Shopping Malls

If you are in District 1 than you can hit up Vincom. This place is pretty high end. Not sure about the more moderate shopping options.

Things to See & Do

As for things to see and do in the city be sure to check out the War Remnants Museum, Ho Chi Minh Square, and going up to the observation deck at the Bitexco Tower for a great view of the city. You can also hit up Ben Thanh Market.

Side / Day Trips

For day trips I suggest checking out the Chu Chi Tunnels of the Vietnam War. You can also do a Mekong Delta tour or if you want to hit up the beach you can head to Vung Tau City. I heard this town is popular with the Russians if that is your thing.

Nightlife Guide

Not even sure it is worth doing this section. I have never encountered a more pathetic nightlife in my life. If it isnt one thing its another. I have yet to go to a place here that didnt fall under one of the below

1) Expensive
2) Empty
3) Small / Cramp
4) Terrible Ratios
5) Minimal Dance Floors
6) Hookers

Even if you found a good club your chances of pulling a ONS will be low as Vietnamese girls as some of the most conservative ive ever met. You need to be here awhile to try and locate some good clubs because all the ones you read about online are shit. With that out of the way let me break down the scene.

Ok so all the main nightlife revolves around District 1. District 3 also has some nightlife options but they are lesser known.

District 1

Apocalypse Now - Hooker and foreigner filled bar/club. Expensive and has no real dance floor. Good looking freelancers though and good luck with shoring. These girls want 150-100 usd.

Lush - Popular club that plays crossover. Tue is ladies night and I believe Thu is 1+1. Went in here on a Thu and the ratios were shit. There is an upstairs but not sure how much room is there.

Lavish - Similar to Lush. Tue is ladies night as well.

Fuse - Same as the above except Thu is ladies night. Came here on a Thu night, kinda small, and bad ratios so I left after a few minutes.

Sin Lounge - Come here if you want to try your luck with HCMC's elite.

Chill Sky Bar - Cool skydeck bar with great views.

Saigon Saigon Bar - Nice bar that has a live latin band playing. Went here one night and danced some salsa and bachata.

Gossip - Famous club playing techno / house. Heard its larger than the other joints and attracts hiso girls.

Shadow - Crossover joint. Looks like its worth checking out.

Velvet - Small, half empty, and overprices. Paid like 8 usd for a beer here. Left after 3 minutes.

Diamond Club - Across from Lush. More local techno place. Mostly guys. Hot girls working there. Expensive as fuck.

Bounce - Hip Hop club, Thu is ladies night. Probably should have checked this place out.

Volar Club - Hip Hop / RnB joint near Apo Now. Not sure if it is still open though.

Pham Ngu Lao / Bui Vien Street - This is the backpacker area where you will find some bars and clubs. Most notably Crazy Buffalo and Go2 Bar. Heard they were overprized but never made it out here.

Live Music Venues - For this you can hit up 17 Saloon, Vascos, and Rock Fan Club (RFC)

Local Techno Clubs - Dont know much about these clubs but they are probably a better bet than the clubs I mentioned above. Blanchy Tash, Gold Club, X Club 030, Crazy 8

District 3

This is the only other district I found to have substantial nightlife. It is really close to D1.

Canalis - Crossover joint

Lava Club - Tue ladies night

Barroco - Techno joint

Live Music Venues - Acoustic and Napoly

Plan B - Bristro that has salsa night on Wed.

Final Thoughts

I can not stress this enough, this is not the place to go to pickup girls on a short trip. You need time here atleast a month in my opinion to really get your money's worth. Looking back I should have spent my 5 days in Jakarta instead.

01-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
RE: Dash's Ultimate Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam Sheet
Been meeting a few Vietnamese girls lately in Korea.

I really like their look. Def one of the best in Asia.
09-07-2014, 12:19 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
Nice one man!
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
09-07-2014, 02:40 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Comrade Offline
Boatswain

Love Vietnamese women. When I first went there in 2011 I met a Vietnamese girl at the night market in Saigon and went back to her place. Knowing what I know now about how hard it is to sleep with them I honestly don't know how I pulled her.
09-07-2014, 02:41 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
StephanieGodfrey Offline
Stowaway

Hello,
Thank you for sharing useful information, I am going to stay at HCMC for 1 week, and I found a good accomodation, Palace Hotel Saigon in District 1 (https://www.bestpricevn.com/Hotel_Palace...aigon.html), the price is quite reasonable ($79/night). does anyone know the quality of their services?
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 01:09 PM by StephanieGodfrey.)
01-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Global Offline
Lieutenant

id recommend canceling and getting an apartment off Airbnb
01-04-2016, 04:04 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
not exactly sure why the OP mentions day game, it is pretty much the worst day game city I have been to outside of maybe somewhere in cambodia

the shopping malls are small, even vincom is small, to many of the shops that should be in mega malls are on the streets

the girls dont speak good english and not only are vietnamese girls very conservative they seem to stick to their own kind far more than most girls in SEA......... i was there for a month and NEVER saw a 7.5 or better with anyone but a vietnamese guy and i saw lots of 7.5's or better

that doesnt mean you can never get one but it is going to be a lot of work and you will probably have to lead her on

its a pretty terrible city to go and try to be a 'playboy' imo but there are lots of cute massage girls around and benny's aint to shabby either
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com
friends blog: http://nomadphilippines.com/

05-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Global Offline
Lieutenant

Asia in general is not good for daygame imo. With the only exception being Philippines. You got to mention daygame as some people simply do not go party at night or do not want to use online. Even in hard places, there are so many girls that one can still make it work. Not my style personally.

I disagree about the "sticking" to their own kind. VN women don't even have a good opinion of VN dudes. I have never encountered the "sticking" to own kind mentality like in Korea. As for English, most of the educated girls speak some English from what I can tell.

You are right about one thing though, I wouldnt recommend HCMC for the playboy lifestyle.
05-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Global Offline
Lieutenant

One thing I didnt mention in this thread that is important.

HCMC is more geared towards Beer Gardens / Lounges / Bars.

If anyone is going to HCMC before I update this, just pm or ask here. I will send you the info I have on the best of these type places.
05-29-2016, 05:20 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
everywhere you go you see groups of vietnamese people together and rarely see white guy + vietnamese girl even though there are far more white guys in HCM then philippines

i really don't think many guys are going to make daygame work there, if you are going to hcm it should be to either get a serious girlfriend or to get lots of massages

phils/indonesia/thailand all way better for day game then hcm
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com

05-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Global Offline
Lieutenant

Most guys have zero game and are inept. Simply go on VN cupid or tinder and see how well you do. I can pretty much message any girl and they will reply and be down to meet. Compare that to Korea, fuck no. There is no "sticking" to VN mindset in Vietnam. Girls just want an honest loyal man. They don't care if it is VN or American. Go to the parks. Groups of VN will open you and invite you into their group.

The biggest obstacle with daygame in VN is the girls being very shy and timid to a stranger approaching them. That is not normal. Simply run the numbers game. You will get hits.

Like I said, I do not do daygame. Seems unnatural to me.
05-29-2016, 07:41 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
ya sure online girls are down to meet........ girls sign up to dating sites to meet guys

that is completely different then walking up to them on a busy street in D1 and being like hey whats up

you need some sort of an approach spot and HCM is lacking, are you really going to walk up to a table of 3 girls and 1 guy sitting at phuc long coffee (amazing name) as the only foreigner around and start chatting up some girl?

girls are always timid on the street in any country, even in the phils you are going to have a much lower roi on the street then in a mall

05-29-2016, 09:38 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
calamansi Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
Nomad, I think there are a couple of things that can explain your observations more than "sticking to their own".

Starting with the premise that there are more white guys in HCMC but you see fewer couples...

1) Language is the biggest thing. VERY few girls here speak enough English to have a conversation. Evidently they didn't study Dash's Converse With Only 500 Words (Eng version) course.

2) The type of traveler that typically goes to either country. A high percentage of men go to Manila just to enjoy the pussy, cheap beer and the the weather and beaches. Vietnam is not known for that. It's a true traveler's destination. Lots of couples and the singles are there for sightseeing more than they are for trying to get laid. Also, 3/4 of the guys you see in the Phils with a girl, she's a pro. Smh at that one. I never understood that part.

3) Even the guys that do want to get laid, it takes so long and so much effort to get into their pants, why bother trying if you're only there for a week? Pussy chasers become "travelers".

Without a doubt, Hanoi is less friendly and much harder to get girls in than HCMC, but despite that, I had several be friendly to me, smile, etc. Not a LOT, but some. At the park, I had LOADS of girls (and guys) come up to me to use me for English practice. In fact, that was the easiest it has ever been for me anywhere in my life to meet (just meet!) girls. NO effort on your part required. They come up to you. Typically young, too. Very young. Like 19 or 20. Groups of uni girls. Blew me away. Of course, they aren't necessarily there to suck your dick. For that, you'll have to work on it, but it's very easy to just be friendly, say let's meet for lingo exchange sometime and get the number. Text. Meet. Date. Date. Date. Date. Bang. LOL

I admit I haven't done much day game in my life but I find that that whole just be direct thing isn't going to work well unless you're very good looking or the girl is very desperate. To do that and get away with it, she has to be instantly attracted to you. No wavering. Even if you are good-looking, for a normal woman, it's pretty aggressive and she might scare. There is no reason not to go in under the radar. Guys who say that's gay have no clue. Ask for directions. What time it is. Anything. If she's happy you talked to her, she'll give you the opportunity to keep going. Anyway, point is, if I extrapolate from my experience in VN, you could walk up to a table of 3 girls and a guy at a cafe. Most of these cafes have the chairs outside along the street, right? Unless they're engrossed in a serious conversation, I don't see why not. If they speak English, they'd probably be happy to be given the chance like that. Not just, hey what's up your cute. LOL. But, hey I'm looking for a good place to eat, do you know any good spots nearby? It's easy to parlay that kind of opener into a 15 minutes conversation unless she's trying to get rid of you.

Daygame is going to be harder than online anywhere, phils included. But I think VN is quite open to it, a LOT more than Japan. Doesn't even compare.
05-30-2016, 02:17 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Global Offline
Lieutenant

Nomad, I am not sure what gave you the impression VN is a "stick to our own" culture.

As Calamansi pointed out, not seeing many white guys with VN gf's is easily explained by most guys there being pure travelers. Not there to meet women and game. Lots of traveling couples as well.

Also, you are not even a night person. Even hound dogs like me go around solo in the day a lot. Then at night have dates or go out hunting alone.
05-30-2016, 02:23 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Is the nightlife in Saigon actually shit?

I like cheap places where it's possible to pull non pros. Is there a farang groupie scene there at all?

I'v heard shoring is hard as fuck girls are straight up hardcore pros no in between.
05-30-2016, 02:49 AM
Find Reply