Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nandyhand's travel plans
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Nandyhand's travel plans
How can you say "you can smoke without a problem" because that just isn't true. There's no problem until there is a problem and then you've got a big problem. Just because it seems to be tolerated and the bar owner sells you it means fuck all.

Maybe on the day you buy it the bar owner forgot to pay off the police or the police are cracking down and you're fucked.

And yes the bars in KSR are notorious for selling backpackers weed then calling the cops on them. Happens all the time.
12-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
friheten Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
(12-06-2013, 11:37 PM)RockingForever Wrote: Maybe on the day you buy it the bar owner forgot to pay off the police or the police are cracking down and you're fucked.
That's the same as to say that maybe on they the mechanic forgot to put the screw back and the plane crash. We can never be 100% sure but this bars wouldn't sell if there could be a problem. The days when the police is coming from the main land they stop the businesses. Hear of on guy getting busted and he was smoking in front of the police.
12-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
G_global Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
its a risk reward calculation, and to me, in thailand, just not worth the risk to try to buy at a bar.
12-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Nandyhand Offline
Deckhand

New Zealand
I haven't been having an issue finding the stuff. I am loving in koh Tao for a few months now, getting my freedive instructors qualification.
12-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
fucksong Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
I dont know anything about Thailand drug culture but since you're also from Cali, I'd listen to what Rocking says about being careful unless you have tight connections in the police. One of my good friends in Tokyo, guitar player, came to visit me and we smoked almost everyday or every other day. Quality shit. When he returns to Japan, he has maybe a twenty-sack on him at most and gets two weeks in jail for stress. Fucked up. Also, dont know how it is now but about 15 yrs or more ago in Phillipines, last time I was there, one could get lifetime imprisonment for either selling it (or smoking it or both? cant remember exactly) So later when my cousin smoked a joint with me, it tasted so fucking good but my heart was also beating fast. Luckily we were in a shack behind his family's main house but it's just a trip how different marijuana is viewed in diff cultures. I'd hate to see your life changing adventure fucked up over a joint and corrupt cops/system.

Good luck dude
Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) My personal journey of improving myself as a man and finding happiness

https://kaizenmanofsteel.wordpress.com
12-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Quote:We can never be 100% sure but this bars wouldn't sell if there could be a problem

Are you naive or just dumb?

Not a problem for the bars to sell it (because they pay off or have connections with police) but a big problem for you if the police catch you with it. You think you can just say to them "but the bar told me it was OK?" and you'll get off?
12-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
friheten Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
I've been there for a long timr so I know what I'm talking about. The local police is bribed and if they bring thr police from mainland they will know and stop the business.
12-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Find Reply