Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make money online from anywhere - read this now and get started
[-] The following 1 user Likes 007 Game's post:
  • Shanked
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
Make money online from anywhere - read this now and get started
So I've hired a conversion rate optimization company to do some work on a website that I own.

"In internet marketing, conversion optimization, or conversion rate optimization (CRO) is the method of creating an experience for a website or landing page visitor with the goal of increasing the percentage of visitors that convert into customers. It is also commonly referred to as CRO."

I've been planning to do it for years but never found the right company or had the time to deal with it. I almost went with one a few years back (http://www.conversion-rate-experts.com/) but they wanted $100,000 or some ridiculous amount. The company I work with now charge "only" $2000 a month.

They made some changes to one of the sites pages and within minutes I could see the conversion rates going up. I'm talking about a 500% increase in "add to cart" and "go to checkout", from that certain page. They just rearranged a few elements, nothing fancy... I was blown away.

They use this service to track the conversion changes:

http://optimizely.com

What you do is an A / B test with two versions of the page your trying to improve . So basically 50% of the visitors see one version of the site and 50% see another, and then you compare which page performs better.

I can see in a graph how many visitors to each version did this or that after visiting it, live. Because this site sees a lot of traffic, within hours we had enough conversions to see the improvement.

I've realized I don't really need this company and started running my own tests, I just make small changes to the design, click a few buttons and starts seeing the results. It's ridiculously cool.

Why am I telling you this?

There is a HUGE market for conversion rate optimization. HUGE. Millions of millions of websites with crappy design, interface, GUI, that have traffic but don't convert as well as they could.

Learning this stuff and then how to run A/B tests using optimizely.com you can easily turn yourself into a "conversion rate expert" and offer this service to companies, online, from anywhere.

EASY, and the market is endless. When I posted on elance that I was looking for a conversion rate expert, only TWO people applied for the job. This marker is WIDE open.

I'd contact companies and offer them a test for FREE and then send them a link to where they can see the changes in conversion. It will BLOW their mind. Anyone seeing this shit would sign up for it.

You can watch this video to learn more about A/B testing etc.

Go do this! Then meet me in Thailand and buy me a drink or something. If I had to start from scratch right now, that's what I'd be doing.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 09:01 PM by 007 Game.)
09-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
RE: Make money online from anywhere - read this now and get started
Wow top thread 007. Definitely going to look into this. If your thailand in january il buy you drinks all night!
09-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

I split test my own websites. It's not rocket science. Anyone not doing it doesn't know the first thing about internet marketing.

These people who think to get more sales you just need more traffic are idiots and need to learn about marketing, conversions and optimization.

I split test opt in forms, headlines and content on pages, video versus text, button text, button color, button size, calls to actions, copy, pictures and about a hundred and one other things.

It takes a lot of time but if you slowly split test everything you can end up with a website that converts like crazy.

Small changes can increase opt ins / sales / clicks by insane amounts.

You don't even need fancy tools or services or freelancers who charge an arm and a leg.

Aweber allows you to split test your opt in forms as part of their standard service if you are a customer and I imagine it's the same for every autoresponder company.

The Max A/B plugin for Wordpress allows you to split test different variations of your pages so you can see which converts the best. Try different headlines, copy and sales page types.

An image rotater for images with pretty links to track clicks would be fine and again use Pretty Links to track calls to action on different text.

Still to say that anyone can just pick this up and make money from it doesn't seem very likely to me.

Most people reading this who are not in the IM scene will have no idea what you are on about....slit testing and A/B tests...means nothing to 99.99% of the planet.

Even most IM'ers (like yourself it seems?) don't know anything about it.

What I cannot get my head around Van for a guy who claims to be an internet millionaire why are you just recently considering optimizing and tweaking your websites for conversions?

This is something most people who have a clue and been successful in IM did from the second they started their sites. Every success story I've ever read the guy talks about the importance of building a list (somethine else you claim never to have done) and split testing.

Spending a day reading would give you all the information you need - The Kissmetrics Blog and Unbounce will tell you everything you need to know.
09-19-2013, 04:31 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Nandyhand Offline
Deckhand

New Zealand
Have you ever got anything positive to say Rocking? Honestly the biggest pessimistic arrogant twat ever.
09-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(09-19-2013, 04:31 AM)RockingForever Wrote: I split test my own websites. It's not rocket science. Anyone not doing it doesn't know the first thing about internet marketing.

These people who think to get more sales you just need more traffic are idiots
and need to learn about marketing, conversions and optimization.

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." - H.L. Mencken

I'm pretty sure you can change American to global and it remains valid.

Solid original post by Van, definitely worth looking into for those thinking about going down the IM route.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013, 09:22 AM by Hicks.)
09-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
(09-19-2013, 04:31 AM)RockingForever Wrote: What I cannot get my head around Van for a guy who claims to be an internet millionaire why are you just recently considering optimizing and tweaking your websites for conversions?

Rocking you are lazy as fuck being poor, so asking me that is stupid. I could have done a million other things to increase revenues, I'm sure, but always had different priorities. It worked well for me so no regrets. My websites were always successful enough that I didn't have to fuck around with changing colors of buttons and little shit like that.

When I started there weren't any recourses / books / blogs to learn all this stuff from, I was discovering everything by myself. I'm sure in 2003 A/B testing wasn't developed as it is today and it was much harder to test.

The same for building lists. I made and still make enough money without them, so I never bothered with it. Silly me instead of concentrating on making more and more money (it was so easy back then) I did two degrees and was busy with my ex girlfriends career.

(ungrateful Hungarian bitch... ok, maybe some regret)

And now instead of making tons of more money I'm busy chasing adventures and pussy. We all have different priorities in different times. I'm sure there are a million ways I can make more money with my websites that have traffic in the hundreds of thousands a month.

But again, you're lazy as fuck being poor so imagine how lazy you'd be if you had enough money in the bank that you didn't have to work at all. It's a miracle I even bother myself with this stuff.

Now lets see how much you can derail this thread further.

09-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

(09-19-2013, 07:22 AM)Nandyhand Wrote: Have you ever got anything positive to say Rocking? Honestly the biggest pessimistic arrogant twat ever.

Thanks. Cool

(09-19-2013, 09:21 AM)Hicks Wrote: [quote='RockingForever' pid='15992' dateline='1379529102']
Solid original post by Van, definitely worth looking into for those thinking about going down the IM route.

Anyone looking to get IM would do better to understand the basics first and get some websites under their belt before jumping into trying to offer conversion boosts to others.

How can you really offer this as a service if you've never had your own site to try it out on?

It's not a case of one thing working for every site, every site is different, has different traffic, converts differently etc.

This is not a way for a newbie to make money. It's too advanced for someone who has no knowledge of running websites.

For those who have the knowledge and know what they are doing I am sure there is good money to be made.

(09-19-2013, 09:28 AM)007 Game Wrote: Rocking you are lazy as fuck being poor, so asking me that is stupid. I could have done a million other things to increase revenues, I'm sure, but always had different priorities. It worked well for me so no regrets. My websites were always successful enough that I didn't have to fuck around with changing colors of buttons and little shit like that.

When I started there weren't any recourses / books / blogs to learn all this stuff from, I was discovering everything by myself. I'm sure in 2003 A/B testing wasn't developed as it is today and it was much harder to test.

The same for building lists. I made and still make enough money without them, so I never bothered with it. Silly me instead of concentrating on making more and more money (it was so easy back then) I did two degrees and was busy with my ex girlfriends career.

(ungrateful Hungarian bitch... ok, maybe some regret)

And now instead of making tons of more money I'm busy chasing adventures and pussy. We all have different priorities in different times. I'm sure there are a million ways I can make more money with my websites that have traffic in the hundreds of thousands a month.

But again, you're lazy as fuck being poor so imagine how lazy you'd be if you had enough money in the bank that you didn't have to work at all. It's a miracle I even bother myself with this stuff.

Now lets see how much you can derail this thread further.

So why do you bother with it if you are so rich you don't have to? You are right I wouldn't.

I'd just enjoy the money. Fuck pissing about with websites.

At times I think you never actually made your money from IM and just have rich parents and a trust fund or something. Dodgy
09-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes eurolatin's post:
  • AlexDiesel
eurolatin Offline
Stowaway

If there is demand for this skill, then one can do it. Remember to visit Amazon to find good books on the subject (but nothing replaces actual experience).
09-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Conversion optimization is one of those things that requires experience and not just theory as theories are just that and don't count for shit when it comes to testing. You need to do studies and testing. Hard facts and figures are what count.

Until you've ran your own sites and optimized the shit out of them you're not in a position to offer it to others.

I'm not saying there's no money to be made here, there definitely is, just not for someone who's new to IM.
09-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Vorkuta Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Keep it classy gents.

No problems with challenging each other and questioning what people write but let's do it right and not get into slagging matches. Cheers.

As you were...
09-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Van, what websites do you own?
09-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

(09-19-2013, 05:24 PM)Sexyback Wrote: Van, what websites do you own?

Blog is back online at: http://007ga.me

It get's 60 visitors a day I believe. Rolleyes
09-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 007 Game's post:
  • undertheradar
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
(09-19-2013, 04:49 PM)RockingForever Wrote: Until you've ran your own sites and optimized the shit out of them you're not in a position to offer it to others.

Exactly the loser attitude that will get you nowhere in life Rocking and why you're poor and I'm not. Trust fund? I wish.

You fake it until you make it, and that goes to for anything in life. You set up a website writing that you're the greatest conversion rate expert in the world with 20 years experience and then you learn as you go.

"Learning from your own websites first" is bullshit. As you said in the first post it's not rocket science and you can more or less learn everything in a day or two reading these blogs.

You're just negative and pessimistic, everybody keeps telling you that. Maybe if you had a "yes" attitude you wouldn't be dirt poor at 28.

A few days ago, that night I slept with two girls for the 2nd time, I got back home after dropping the 2nd girl back at her hotel at 4:30.

I was dead tired but I WENT OUT AGAIN to a club called River Reggae which is an after party club that goes on until 8:00 AM. Why did I do that? Because I was trying to break my own "record" and find a 3rd girl for the night. Totally insane. But my thinking process was this: "maybe this will NEVER happen again. I MUST go out and try to find a 3rd girl, or I'll fucking hate myself".

That's the attitude that will make you your first $m before you're 30. Sadly it's too late for you but stop ruining the younger guys around here who can still make it.

I'm not sure where I got this attitude from. Maybe it's a Jewish thing.

But thanks for the unbounced link, I appreciate it.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013, 05:56 PM by 007 Game.)
09-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
fucksong Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
@Vov - thanks man! Solid post and good info.

@RF - I respect your skills regarding IM. So are you saying that the website Vov recommended does NOT provide all the things you recommend like split testing? While it's good to know all the details, if i can outsource all that work to a 3rd party company for say "x" number of dollars to make twice or three times that amount, I think that's a good deal. I'd rather not get bogged down in all the details if there's a cost effective reliable service.
Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) My personal journey of improving myself as a man and finding happiness

https://kaizenmanofsteel.wordpress.com
09-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
(09-19-2013, 05:55 PM)fucksong Wrote: @Vov - thanks man! Solid post and good info.

@RF - I respect your skills regarding IM. So are you saying that the website Vov recommended does NOT provide all the things you recommend like split testing? While it's good to know all the details, if i can outsource all that work to a 3rd party company for say "x" number of dollars to make twice or three times that amount, I think that's a good deal. I'd rather not get bogged down in all the details if there's a cost effective reliable service.

Most internet companies are NOT run by a "one man show", someone who can learn this stuff alone and "test his own site".

Most sites are owned and managed by serious companies and companies look for other companies to do such things for them, especially something like this that sounds "scientific" and complicated, something that requires "an expert".

09-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Find Reply