Teaching English in Ukraine / Russia?
[-]
  •
AverageHero Offline
Stowaway

Teaching English in Ukraine / Russia?
Hi guys,

Long time viewer, first time poster.

Was thinking of teaching English in Russia or Ukraine, and of course having a good time while I do so.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether its a good idea/bad idea? Any tips, or anything to point me in the right direction?

By the way, are the women hotter in Russia or Ukraine?!

Anyway, thanks a lot for all responses
05-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
planeteater Offline
Boatswain

RE: Teaching English in Ukraine / Russia?
Hello averagehero, you need to get a book called "Teaching English Abroad" by Susan Griffith. in fact, all globe trotting PUA's should own this nifty book. it covers the world and tells you not only about teaching conditions in said country,but tells you what the country and locals are like. its well worth owning. I believe there is a brand new edition right now.

a book called English Teacher X Guide To Teaching English Abroad , also details the adventures of a man who did just that. he has a site and has always replied to my questions.

also, check out a site called dave's esl cafe. the forum on there will certainly set you straight about Ukraine. [though maybe hold off on the questions about the women].

Why not go,teach and sample the local ladies? I would give yourself a time frame for how long you will be staying and that will focus your mind better.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2012, 07:01 PM by planeteater.)
05-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
I would say the women are probably equal.
Russia in general is way more expensive. At least if you're in Ukraine you can check out nearby countries in EE without worrying about visa issues. Also, English is far more prevalent in Ukraine.

Do you know what the pay is for the two countries?
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
05-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
GlassWalker Offline
Deckhand

I spoke to a random guy from Ukraine, living in Kharkov, and he said that getting a job as an English teacher is very easy if you are a native speaker.

The pay is enough to get by, and is more than his salary - he happens to be an engineer.
08-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Find Reply