• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weed
[-]
  •
Nandyhand Offline
Deckhand

New Zealand
Weed
What do you fella's reckon about weed and potential for addiction, habit forming?

A lot of research indidcates its a lot less addictive than tobaco, alcohol and other drugs, but states 1/9 people can get addicted to it? I smoke weed 3-5 days a week. Only at night with mates generally and rarely alone. Has increased a lot since i'v confirmed im going away and just relaxing till then and finishing up degree.

Others on here smoke? How often? and any info on addictability?
09-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rick91's post:
  • deb auchery
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
RE: Weed
Id rather do cocaine than smoke anything. Iv gotten super sensitive to smoke over the years it irritates my skin and last time I had a cigerette I woke up with a burned throat and had a cough for a week. I can't even smoke sheesha anymore.

I only used to smoke when I was wrecked but now I won't touch anything that I have to inhale down my throat.
09-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

I was a massive drug pig when younger (before my traveling days) but weed was never good for me.

I went to Amsterdam when 18 and had regularly boshed E's and sniffed speed, coke and whatever else but hadn't bothered with weed much up to that point as didn't like smoking.

So tried the space cakes in this proper local coffee shop. Owner warned us they were strong and not to eat more than half a slice.

I thought seeing as I'd done all the harder stuff that weed was pussy and munched about 3 of them.

Big mistake.

Didn't think it was working but then 2hrs later in McDonalds it kicked in massively. Everything suddenly went VERY bright to the point the lights were near blinding me. Then I started tripping hard.

I didn't know weed could do this to you and freaked out thinking I'd been drugged with something else. I ended up tripping like fuck and having huge panic attacks for hours on end. Not nice in the red light district of Amsterdam.

Had to go back to hotel and just lie down. Was convinced I'd lost my mind and would never be the same again.

Thankfully was relatively sane again by the morning but it set off anxiety in me big time and I've never quite been able to shake that since (over 10 years ago now). Creeps back in now and then and every so often (like maybe once every 6 months to 1 year I'll have a panic attack out the blue).

Never touched weed since. Did plenty of more stims and hallucinogenics like LSD, mushrooms, 2CB, Ket etc though.

2CB. <3
09-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
Wow Rocking I remember when I told a similar story you made fun of me.

Smoked weed twice my whole life, ten years apart, and got totally fucked up with paranoia both times. It took DAYS for me to get back to normal and had some panic attack since which I'm sure were related - INCLUDING A PANIC ATTACK 20 METERS UNDER WATER IN A CAVE IN MEXICO, NEAREST EXIT WAS 50 METERS AWAY, WHICH ALMOST GOT ME KILLED.

Can you imagine a panic attack under water? The closest I ever got to dyeing. I don't think I'll ever dive again and if I do it will only be simple dives.

09-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
fucksong Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
I've done most drugs except for heroin and that crazy Columbian shit that was mentioned in another thread. Blame it on being influenced by UK bands from the 60s to probably early 2000 as well as heavy metal bands in the 80s as all those fuckers did crazy amounts of drugs. So doing a hit of acid, drink Jack Daniels and smoking a joint was nothing growing up. Being high and tripping was totally my reality during teenage years and being sober was weird haha. Weed was always the savior for coming off hard drugs like meth, ecstasy and coke. My very first gf used to deal ecstasy and be a big raver so that didn't help things either haha. Combining drugs with alcohol was always more fun as it varied up the experience. Shrooms is still the best drug to take when playing music.

But man, as you get older, that shit starts taking a toll on your body and psyche. So these days, I probably only smoke weed for special occasions when seeing an old friend or once a month. Nowadays I'm more into smoothies with crazy vitamins and nutrients only available from exotic locations haha along with meditation. But I'll still do a line here and there and will always be down to smoke a joint. Just gotta keep a balance on partying to be able to handle life shit like bills, ugh.
Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) My personal journey of improving myself as a man and finding happiness

https://kaizenmanofsteel.wordpress.com
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 05:53 PM by fucksong.)
09-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Yeah I was ok diving but when they make you take your mask off it makes me uneasy. I don't give a shit about water going in my eyes or nose but breathing through your mouth underwater when youv become accusted to the mask is defo a bad situation to panic.
09-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
(09-24-2013, 05:49 PM)fucksong Wrote: I've done most drugs except for heroin and that crazy Columbian shit that was mentioned in another thread. Blame it on being influenced by UK bands from the 60s to probably early 2000 as well as heavy metal bands

Mark Bellis at Liverpool John Moores University and his colleagues recently showed that between three and 25 years after first becoming famous, performers from all-time Top 1000 albums in rock and pop music are more than 1.7 times as likely to die as North Americans or Europeans of the same age. They died from problems related to drugs and alcohol (31 percent) accidents (14 percent), violence and suicide (9 percent), cardiovascular disease (14 percent) and cancer (20 percent). If popular music like rock, rap, jazz and the blues is the greatest courtship signal that ever evolved, it is also one of the most deadly.

Read more: http://www.bakadesuyo.com/2011/12/do-roc...z2fnLQ8GQn
09-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Jack C. Offline
Gunner

Afghanistan
I smoke 2+ times a week. Portland has some of the best weed in the world, not only is it stronger, its just better, hard to say exactly. Marijuana is not addictive, I've talked to plenty of people about it, but it is socially addictive. Maybe you don't get the jitters, but its such a habit that you can't do without it.

If you are going to smoke, I recommend: Pineapple Express, Northern Lights, Dutch treat, or Silver haze. I'd say you're least likely to have a bad time on Pineapple, the other three are personal preferences. IF YOU DON'T USUALLY SMOKE make sure you do it with a close friend, not people you hardly know, weed is for relaxing with old palls you feel comfortable with.

On a side note my doctor recommended these pills that were mostly thc for concentration, I ditched the pills and just smoke weed. I find that I concentrate better if I smoke once or twice a week, but that's just me. I'm really going to miss it while in Phili.

here's a good reference site for strains: http://www.leafly.com
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 06:11 PM by Jack C..)
09-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Vorkuta Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
(09-24-2013, 02:45 PM)RockingForever Wrote: I was a massive drug pig when younger (before my traveling days) but weed was never good for me.

I went to Amsterdam when 18 and had regularly boshed E's and sniffed speed, coke and whatever else but hadn't bothered with weed much up to that point as didn't like smoking.

So tried the space cakes in this proper local coffee shop. Owner warned us they were strong and not to eat more than half a slice.

I thought seeing as I'd done all the harder stuff that weed was pussy and munched about 3 of them.

Big mistake.

Didn't think it was working but then 2hrs later in McDonalds it kicked in massively. Everything suddenly went VERY bright to the point the lights were near blinding me. Then I started tripping hard.

I didn't know weed could do this to you and freaked out thinking I'd been drugged with something else. I ended up tripping like fuck and having huge panic attacks for hours on end. Not nice in the red light district of Amsterdam.

Had to go back to hotel and just lie down. Was convinced I'd lost my mind and would never be the same again.

Thankfully was relatively sane again by the morning but it set off anxiety in me big time and I've never quite been able to shake that since (over 10 years ago now). Creeps back in now and then and every so often (like maybe once every 6 months to 1 year I'll have a panic attack out the blue).

Never touched weed since. Did plenty of more stims and hallucinogenics like LSD, mushrooms, 2CB, Ket etc though.

2CB. <3

Jesus that is my exact story!

I went to Amsterdam and ordered a pre-rolled joint in a pub ( bulldog bar ) and had the worst trip ever. It went on and on, I was thinking people were going to kill me. God knows how I got back to my room and then when I did my mind kept going to very dark places, thinking of all kinds of shit I'd rather not remember. That was 10 years back and I've never touched any illegal drug since. Don't miss them at all tbh. Alcohol is my only drug now.

Drugs I tried and opinions:

Weed: Far too mellow for me. De-motivated me too much.
Pills: Mitsubishi's! Awesome drug back in the day. Only drug I miss.
LSD: Did it once. Hilarious few hours followed by 8 hours wondering when the ride will stop or if it ever will. Scared me tbh.
Heroin: Awesome the first time but gets shitter each time you do it. Great for pill come downs and gouching.
Crack: Did it twice. Most epic high imaginable but only lasts a minute. Gets you so horny in that minute that you'd dry hump a table leg. Would live to have banged on it.
Coke: Overated. Rather do a pill. Probably awesome if not cut to fuck however.
Mushrooms: Funny drug. I ended up trying to Hoover my local high street at 4 am on the things.

One thing I learnt is that there are huge addiction miths about drugs. People said to me "do Skag more than twice and you'll be addicted". Bollocks. It's down to you alone and your ambitions, brain, strength. I was on gear for six months, most days I'd be gouching ( never injected any drug ) and then one day I said enough and that was it, never touched it again. The drug is never at fault, it's just certain people can't handle them and should stay away. Just like myself and weed.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 06:30 PM by Vorkuta.)
09-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes RockingForever's post:
  • 007 Game
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Quote:Coke: Overated. Rather do a pill. Probably awesome if not cut to fuck however.

The cocaine in Bolivia and Peru was epic. $5 a G too. Lovely stuff. The 3 day coke and booze binges were a fucker though.

Quote:Wow Rocking I remember when I told a similar story you made fun of me.

Van you get high off eating pizza, no wonder I made fun of you.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 07:13 PM by RockingForever.)
09-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Dude heroin is pretty hardcore wouldn't mind giving the crack a go though especially when fucking.
09-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
(09-24-2013, 07:11 PM)RockingForever Wrote: Van you get high off eating pizza, no wonder I made fun of you.

I do get high from Pizza.

Sleep + Pizza + a little booze and I'm the happiest person in the world. Kind of crazy really.
09-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
I've done weed, coke, e, mdma, crack, opium, magic mushrooms, speed

Worst one out of all of them.........SHROOMS!!!. I had one very nasty trip which involved a car crash Sad

I don't like weed that much, it's a lazy drug for me, and it makes me paranoid and stupid.

I had a phone call from a young girl last night in Ukraine, 18yrs old and she got caught with a big bag of weed. Lawyer can get her off but of course it will cost 6000 uah, lawyer obviously working with cops.

Even if she pays, Lawyer says that she will not be able to study an uinversity anymore and won't be able to get any kind of decent job.

Stupid girl
09-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
So everybody here had a fucked up experience with weed that still effects them years later. Can someone tell me why people want this shit legal?

09-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
I just called her, not 6000 uah, 6000 euro!!!

Fuck these cops here are bastards. She just had a few grammes of homegrown, they made out she was dealing.

Luckily her parents are paying, and they're rich, otherwise shell probably end up in the slammer.
09-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Find Reply