Paradise Country List: Language, Climate, Chicks and more
[-]
  •
NRgizR Offline
Deckhand

Malta
Rainbow  Paradise Country List: Language, Climate, Chicks and more
del
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2019, 09:03 AM by NRgizR.)
09-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
RE: Paradise Country List: Language, Climate, Chicks and more
ARIZONA.

I was there in 2009 for a music competition, with my ex. We're in a hotel, in the pool, and it's sunny blue sky, perfect weather. We start to talk with a local guy and he says "yea in June the weather is not very nice... ITS LIKE NOW" - as if that weather was BAD. And it was PERFECT.

NICE people.... their economy is good I think, one of the best in the US.

Spain high unemployment rate. Bolivia... is a fucking 3rd world of 3rd worlds, you don't want to live there. Malta is a shithole from what I understand but never been there.

Good thread idea.
09-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
NRgizR Offline
Deckhand

Malta
Thanks for your idea, 007. Arizona sounds good to me. What about the nature part? Water is a big criteria. Where exactly did you stay there?

Spain: Since I'm not looking for a job, the high unemployment rate is not a big deal for me. I might offer jobs to locals to work in the camp.

Bolivia: I haven't been there yet, have you? Heard good things about the climate though.

Malta: Been there twice, I'll actually move my "home base" there.. mostly because I need a postbox for banks, insurances and so on. I think you are wrong regarding Malta, it's actually pretty nice. NN did a couple of blog posts, too.

I feel like you've traveled a lot. Do you have any other ideas than Arizona? Looking forward to more suggestions :-)
09-25-2013, 10:17 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
I've been a few times to Arizona, it's amazing. The grand canyon of course... amazing nature. very chilled people, many spiritual communities. Google Flagstaff.

Yes, been to Bolivia. Shithole, believe me. You can't even eat there food there without getting sick with something.

Colorado is nice. New Mexico is nice and warm too I think. Malta as I said, never been there I might be totally off. Greek Islands are amazing, Cyprus is cool too. Thailand not on your list?

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 10:22 PM by 007 Game.)
09-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Vorkuta Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Georgia ( the country ).

Cheap, really cheap.
Can open a business in a day and country is actively encouraging it.
Extremely safe, safest country in Europe I believe by crime rate.
365 days a year entry without visa. Then leave for a day and get another 365.
Good climate with hot summers and mild winters.
Great food.
Has mountains, beaches, wildlife all not too far from Tbilisi.
Good Internet connection.
International airport with direct flights to Europe.
Women are more conservative than Europe but not out of the question.

Welcome to the forum!
Forgot to say, the language is a bitch!
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 10:27 PM by Vorkuta.)
09-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
NRgizR Offline
Deckhand

Malta
Thanks for further information on Arizona, 007. Sounds pretty to me.

"Greek Islands are amazing, Cyprus is cool too. Thailand not on your list?" Nope, both don't match my criteria list (see first post) language wise.

Thanks, Vorkuta! I feel welcome already Smile

Georgia sounds pretty good, I'll travel there. But since the official language is georgian, it's out. Or does everyone speak english in Georgia?
09-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Cool idea and very ambitious. Is this a pipe dream or something you will likely make a reality?

BTW Bolivia is epic to travel through. Never got sick from the food though it's hardly the most exciting stuff. Alpaca meat is rough. Not sure I'd like to live there though La Paz is weird and wonderful. Girls are dog ugly on the whole though.

Thailand initially seems like a good choice because it's already the #1 destination for IM'er, affiliates, online start ups, poker players, traders and more BUT it's difficult to legally set up business here (a Thai must own 51% of it or you can't do it I believe), you can't own land at all, there's issues with owning property and the levels of corruption and paper work here would probably put the most dedicated off.

A new hostel / apartment complex just opened in BKK that is aimed at the digital nomads, IM'ers and so on. Looks like a cool place from what I've seen online will need to go check it out. They have really nice looking rooms, working areas, offices, pool, bar, high speed WiFi etc.

I think if it takes off it would be a cool place to live for the networking and business opportunities.

Oh and the Philippines?

If you check out the Tropical MBA blog you'll see that every 6 months or so they advertise for an intern to go live at a luxury island resort and do their internet marketing stuff for them in exchange for free room and food. It's aimed at guys trying to bootstrap an online business. Think there's a few IM'er come and go from there. Might be worth talking to them.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 10:35 PM by RockingForever.)
09-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
Where ever I've been to, in Greece and Cyprus, people spoke very good English, never had a problem to communicate here. Especially the young people. The economy in these countries is heavily based on tourism so everybody speaks English.
09-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
Sounds like the film "The Beach"

Can't imagine the Georgians are tolerant with regard to growing copious amounts of weed.
09-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
oh and never been there yet but Australia / NZ sound like a good locations for something like that, the areas that have good weather.

HAWAII? (Haven't been there yet)
09-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
NRgizR Offline
Deckhand

Malta
"Cool idea and very ambitious. Is this a pipe dream or something you will likely make a reality?"
Definetly reality, thats why I'm doing this list for. I'm aware of the fact that I'll have to skip "fun countries" that don't match my criteria. I've been saving up money since 1999, I never knew what I was saving up for.. But now I know. This camp won't be about profit, just about love, fun and sharing (btw, I'm hetero Big Grin ). Thank you for insight on Bolivia, it's a shame the girls are dogs though.

Thailand is out, for the same reasons you meantioned. You'll always be there rich farang there, who'll get ripped off business wise. That's a bad ground for such a project IMHO. Language is an issue, too. But the digital nomad hotel sounds fun, I might check it out after my trip to Hong Kong. Can you provide more information regarding the hotel?

Philippines: I bet it's fun there, too. But same problems: Language, safety, business?

Tropical MBA: Thanks! I'll look into that.

Weed: That's just an option, I heard Urugay became VERY tolerant regarding weed. But we are talking about max. 5 plants in the garden :-)

Hawaii: Sounds good, just researched the climate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii#Climate But I'll have a Visa problem as a German. Investor Visas have high standards. But I'll definetly put it on the list. Thanks for that!
09-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Quote:oh and never been there yet but Australia / NZ sound like a good locations for something like that, the areas that have good weather.

Expensive and too far from near everywhere else in the world.

Quote:Thailand is out, for the same reasons you meantioned. You'll always be there rich farang there, who'll get ripped off business wise. That's a bad ground for such a project IMHO. Language is an issue, too. But the digital nomad hotel sounds fun, I might check it out after my trip to Hong Kong. Can you provide more information regarding the hotel?

http://www.southeastasiabackpacker.com/r...tal-nomads

The article talks about long term rentals being just 9500 baht per month but I contacted them direct and was quoted 12,000B + for a very smal 25sqm room.

Not sure I could live in somewhere so small.

Quote:Philippines: I bet it's fun there, too. But same problems: Language, safety, business?

English is widely spoken in the Philippines. Safety wise don't think it's too dangerous. Business I've no idea.
09-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Panama City, Panama

Id do Philippines if possible. English spoken, safe, dirt cheap, sunny, awesome beaches, easiest girls in the world.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 12:10 AM by Dash.)
09-26-2013, 12:08 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
NRgizR Offline
Deckhand

Malta
Panama! Great, I thought of that in the past but totally forgot about it.

Australia/NZ "Expensive and too far from near everywhere else in the world." -> I agree.

iSanook sounds reaaally good, I'll let you know if I had a chance to check it out.

Okay, lot's of you recommending Philippines. It's on the list.

Anyone got information criteria wise on Indonesia?

Thank you guys, this is working out fine.
09-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

I plan to go check iSanook out as well but haven't gotten round to it yet.
09-26-2013, 12:41 AM
Find Reply