Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book on Game
[-]
  •
ajv
Unregistered

Book on Game
Hey everyone I just finished Roosh's book "Bang" and it was truly helpful. What does everyone think about "The Manual" book by W.Anton. List your favorite game books here and how helpful they were.
05-18-2012, 07:54 PM
[-]
  •
Destino Offline
Deckhand

RE: Book on Game
I disagree with any 'gaming' books. They may give some insight, but nothing compares to experience as a teacher.

You're better off going out and learning on your own.

Though I will say that if you are solely trying to game in the US near major cities, then you're gonna need better game than average.
On the other hand, it can teach you a ton of things that "easier" women wouldn't.

The best 'game' is to just ask 10 women, until one says yes. Statistics prove that eventually one says 'yes'.

08-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
Agree with Destin, game books are a waste of time.and money. Especially when they are written by a hopeless case. Eagerly awaiting "Bang Ukraine" where he will tell us about some fat German he screwed in a hostel.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2012, 01:45 AM by Zolo.)
08-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
tamirlan Offline
Stowaway

I think you guys are wrong, you can learn a ton from books and books about game.
The only reason people don't get benefits and learn from books, it's not because the book or product sucks, but because they don't go out and actually try the shit they read about, If you read something, you have to implement it, go out and just fail a lot, until you see what works for you and what not.
But going out with no information, is long and hard journey, it way easier to read something good and go out try it.
If you have zero or little knowledge about game, start with one basic book.
I recommend magic bullet for newbies, and maybe routine manual 1 or 2 or both for lots of examples.
for more advance stuff I think I learned the most from Advanced Attraction: Push-Pull audio, also from love systems, it really worth the 40$ lots of examples.. (though I downloaded most shit illegally for free..)
I would also recommend for everyone the Sticking Points audio, it's more general info and it will only benefit you if you go out regularly to hit on girls, cause only then you will have sticking point that you aware of, that you need to overcome. great insights.
Honestly anything more will just fucking confuse you, its enough to become far better game than most guys Big Grin
08-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
Whatever you do, do NOT read "The Game". It's a fun book but it takes you on the wrong path of routines at a too early stage. Routines are GREAT when you're already comfortable talking to girls naturally and then you can "add on" routines and advanced stuff, but if you start with lines and routines, it will fuck you up because, unless you're a good actor, you'll come off as unnatural and strange as you "deliver" your lines like an actor reading from a script.

Start by just going out and hitting on girls left and right NOT GIVING A FUCK. When you can do that with no problem - add routines and lines and everything else....
08-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Destino Offline
Deckhand

Whatever floats your boat.
08-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
I'm with Tamirlan. Experience is the best teacher, but reading books will do you far more good than harm. If you get even one thing positive for a book, it's worth reading imo. Personally, I've gained a wealth of knowledge from Game material. It's a catalyst for your development in the field. Ultimately, however, the first thing you need to do is work on fundamentals.

Some material I'd recommend in order.
1. David DeAngelo Advanced series (torrent it) - great for gaining insight into social physiology, evolutionary biology, basic game etc..
2. Then Move on to The Venusian Arts Handbook by Mystery. It's The Game without the storyline.
3. I also recommend you check out Vin de Carlo Pandora's box.
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2012, 01:55 AM by Zolo.)
08-21-2012, 01:47 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Destino Offline
Deckhand

I read Pandora's Box about a year ago.
I could recall dozens of ex-gf's that fell into various categories. However, most girls I find today are the 'Modern Woman', or at least trying to become that.
Though I don't like the idea that women are being portrayed as nearly unapproachable beings that require hours of study and analysis to figure out.

Most women operate on the same wavelength. Just have a clean appearance and be nice, and she'll be nice back.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2012, 03:02 AM by Destino.)
08-21-2012, 02:47 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
(08-21-2012, 02:47 AM)Destino Wrote: I read Pandora's Box about a year ago.
I could recall dozens of ex-gf's that fell into various categories. However, most girls I find today are the 'Modern Woman', or at least trying to become that.

In the West, yes, I'd have to agree. However, in the Arab world, the rest of the Ummah, China, Korea and other parts of the East, you'll find almost nothing but 'hopeless romantics.'

There is everything in between in other parts of Asia, Africa, EE, and SA.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2012, 03:13 AM by Zolo.)
08-21-2012, 03:11 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Destino Offline
Deckhand

What about Japan? I just saw a news report on that manga culture. Never been there though. They have those "boy meets girl" Manga comics at every book store.

Don't know if it's related to hopeless romantic mentality though.

(08-21-2012, 03:11 AM)Naughty Nomad Wrote:
(08-21-2012, 02:47 AM)Destino Wrote: I read Pandora's Box about a year ago.

In the West, yes, I'd have to agree. However, in the Arab world, the rest of the Ummah, China, Korea and other parts of the East, you'll find almost nothing but 'hopeless romantics.'

There is everything in between in other parts of Asia, Africa, EE, and SA.

08-21-2012, 03:49 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
If I ever move back to the UK then I suppose I would be more likely to have to "game" a chick. Hopefully that won't happen. In FSU I more concentrate on gym ,fashion and cash to get the desire results.

For me Game books are mostly about marketing to the noobs. There will always be dillusional betas who need a ray of hope. But if someone can get something of this.material.then good for them.

Lost count of.the amount of "gamers" I have.met who.have read countless books, can spit out the jargon, but then day game girls with terrible.clothes, unkempt hair, pot.belly etc.
08-21-2012, 04:29 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
I personally focus on what I call the three L's: Looks, Lifestyle, & Learning.

Looks: Exercise, dress, style, grooming. etc... Look your best.

Lifestyle: business, travel, hobbies, interests. Find your passion.

Learning: Educate yourself, practice, repeat. Learn a language, an instrument, whatever. Become a lifetime learner.
08-21-2012, 05:50 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
planeteater Offline
Boatswain

Books have taught me to make the most of myself. how to avoid typical mistakes that most men make. how to use language and words to excite women. one thing books can not do is give you real world experience. you have to motivate yourself to do that and not let minor set backs upset you. i suspect this is where most anti pua guys and sites fall; they let a few sour days upset them. books are good!
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2012, 09:03 PM by planeteater.)
08-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Find Reply