• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokerstars and online gambling in general
[-]
  •
R123456
Unregistered

Pokerstars and online gambling in general
Hello mates and pirates,

I just started doing some online gamling, texas hold 'em on pokerstars. I seem to be quite good at it, although I have maybe played it 20 times in my life. I am not putting any big money in it, but is it a way of earning some money or is it not worth the amount of time to put in? Stories of experienced online gamblers welcome!

Find my stats on sharkscope - RGR123 is my username.
10-12-2013, 10:59 PM
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
RE: Pokerstars and online gambling in general
I played a lot of tournaments and cash games from 20-25. Did fairly well. I have found online to be a lot different.

One thing many people dont realize is just how important your bankroll is ie bankroll management.

You need to have 200 (bankroll) x max buy in for the limit you play. You also need to run one of those card history bots. Live and online is significantly different.

Read up all the info you can. I think 2plus2 or something is a good poker forum.

I have some money on Bavado. I need to log in and give it another go.

10-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
R123456
Unregistered

Thanks for the info dash.

Unconsciously, I was already using this kind of bankroll management. I will have a look into the forum.
10-13-2013, 12:42 AM
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
What style and limits are you playing?
10-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
R123456
Unregistered

I am playing these sit n' go's now. They are 0.02 $ Entry fee and only have 999 contestants, with a total prize money of 20 bucks. Seems like a safe bet.

I tried some freeroll tournaments but these things just take too much time for the money involved. (e.g., I ended up 27th of 37000 or something and got nothing.)

10-13-2013, 01:17 AM
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
Don't even think about poker as a reliable income source it until you have a significant sample. For six max or HU SNG's I'd say 5k games, for cash you'd want well over 100k hands, and for MTT's it's hard to ever know your true winrate due to the variance.

You don't need 200 buy ins for all games, it depends on what games you play and what you're psychologically comefortabable with.

Twoplustwo is by far the best poker forum. There's a lot of quality information there for free.
10-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
R123456
Unregistered

Thanks for the info guys.

Worth mentioning, I am just a student who can live and party all that he wants, due to my parents' financial gifts. But, for the long term and for travel, I would like to start building up some money for myself and become a bit more self-reliant.
10-13-2013, 01:31 AM
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Poker probably isn't the way to finance your travels unless you are very skilled and have serious self control issues.

Even good players go bust many times over due to bad swings.

It's a fun game and some people can make good money from it but most people are not cut out to be a pro poker player.

I made a full time living from online gambling (but not poker) for a couple of years and I had some bad times. Like loosing £5,000 in a few moments of madness.
Poker probably isn't the way to finance your travels unless you are very skilled and have serious self control issues.

Even good players go bust many times over due to bad swings.

It's a fun game and some people can make good money from it but most people are not cut out to be a pro poker player.

I made a full time living from online gambling (but not poker) for a couple of years and I had some bad times. Like loosing £5,000 in a few moments of madness.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2013, 02:08 AM by RockingForever.)
10-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Play 100k hands and then come back and see how your doing.
10-13-2013, 02:41 AM
Find Reply