• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I' ve moved to New York
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zolo's post:
  • Rick91
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
I' ve moved to New York
Just landed and I'm spending the winter here.

I love it all ready and my head has been spinning since I got off the plane.
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
10-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
friheten Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
RE: I' ve moved to New York
Whats so good there? Two thirds of the population is overweight right?
10-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
(10-30-2013, 04:14 PM)friheten Wrote: Whats so good there? Two thirds of the population is overweight right?

NYC is nothing like the rest of the US.

No, NYC (and when I say NYC I mean Manhattan) is probably the healthiest place in the world, where restaurants have to post the calorie content of each dish and half the people go to the gym / run in the park / yoga regularly.

Have fun Zolo, NYC is the most amazing city in the world, no question about it. Go have a Rubben in Carnegie Deli. I used to live on 57th/8th and ate there twice a week. But go after 23:00, that's when the locals go there.

10-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

yea nyc is pretty special indeed. great to visit not so great to live though, well unless you're upper echelon
10-31-2013, 12:20 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes R123456's post:
  • deb auchery
R123456
Unregistered

(10-30-2013, 05:06 PM)007 Game Wrote:
(10-30-2013, 04:14 PM)friheten Wrote: Whats so good there? Two thirds of the population is overweight right?

NYC is nothing like the rest of the US.

No, NYC (and when I say NYC I mean Manhattan) is probably the healthiest place in the world, where restaurants have to post the calorie content of each dish and half the people go to the gym / run in the park / yoga regularly.

I don't believe this at all. A city where people are stressing out all day, fast-food diet and working 70 hours a week and without regard for any values that help forming a healthy life (collectivism, family tradition), nyc is definitely not the healthiest place.
10-31-2013, 12:30 AM
[-]
  •
THECAPTAINPOWER Offline
Boatswain

I agree not the healthiest but not the worst...denver and montreal have the skinniest people that i have seen.
Retired Manosphere Blogger

Author: "Work out, lose weight, and stop being single" on amazon.com
"Don't get married because you are tired of drinking" on amazon.com
"The Official Las Vegas Pool Party Workout" on amazon.com

10-31-2013, 01:45 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
friheten Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
(10-31-2013, 01:45 AM)THECAPTAINPOWER Wrote: I agree not the healthiest but not the worst...denver and montreal have the skinniest people that i have seen.
Think somewhere in Africa you can find the skinniest. Didn't check it up yet though only Morocco so far

10-31-2013, 02:12 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
R123456
Unregistered

Zolo,

Are you doing any side businesses at the moment? Difficult to believe that you have been travelling on just the money of the book's turnover.
10-31-2013, 02:40 AM
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
Yea, all those rich Jews and WASPs from the UWS, and UES and G Village and all the artists and wannbe artists from Soho, all those super expensive places where an apartment is $5000 a month, people who work in the music & fashion industry, or in wall street... they eat in McDonalds and Burger King all day and are really fat. You guys really know what you're talking about.
10-31-2013, 02:41 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
THECAPTAINPOWER Offline
Boatswain

Agree with 007, in nyc the rich and yuppie are pretty fit, the rest are obese....

10-31-2013, 02:43 AM
Find Reply
  • The Realness
R123456
Unregistered

I believe that mental health differs from physical health. Wall Street bankers have commited suicide due to financial losses. This seems stress-related and quite unhealthy. Moreover, most New Yorkers do not live in a 5000 dollar apartment, but in rather poor neigbourhoods. The USA is a society in which 20 percent can live healthy and in abundance of pretty much everything. The other 80% are severly neglected and have been cursed by all kinds of health-related problems, be it drugs use or be it following diets due to fastfood prices. I maybe biased as a (western) European, but I rate any EE society higher than the American society.
10-31-2013, 02:47 AM
[-]
  •
Dom Taurus Offline
Bandolero

United States
@007 I agree. Just like every where u see a few whales but for the most part ny is very health conscious. The only thing that kills uni students is hallal food. If they got rid of that then we would be way better off.
10-31-2013, 02:57 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
R123456
Unregistered

Sounds great deb, your lifestyle is indeed very healthy. I do not want live a mobile life in which your location changes every three months though. Prefer taking two or three epic trips a years with a buddy.
10-31-2013, 03:11 AM
[-]
  •
THECAPTAINPOWER Offline
Boatswain

America takes less care of its citizens but if u work hard you can make it rich pretty fast compared to europe....apple, google, twitter, wordpress, facebook, reddit, yahoo, ebay, instragram.....all american. And Schwarzenegger, although he was european.

10-31-2013, 03:21 AM
Find Reply
  • deb auchery
R123456
Unregistered

Chances of getting rich are bigger for white upper-class yeah. If you are black and from the 'hood', chances of escaping this depressing socialeconomic environment are pretty slim. I believe that Russell Brand made some good points about western society, mentioning that it needs more compassion, equality and less corporate profit spirit.
10-31-2013, 03:24 AM