Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minsk, Belarus
[-]
  •
R123456
Unregistered

Minsk, Belarus
Thinking of visiting Belarus in the third week of december, just before christmas. Any tips or is rolling solo into the country inadvisable? I've probably got a place to stay at a fellow travellers crib. Girls? Nightlife? Any extra info next to zolo's nice city guide?
11-01-2013, 03:33 AM
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

RE: Minsk, Belarus
According to, this guy --> [img]www.rooshvforum.com/thread-14123.html[/img], Belarus is the last place you would ever want to visit...if it wasn't for the women.

He describes traveling the country-side as a huge mistake. The streets were the worst he has seen and talked about how desolate some parts were.

Some of the positives, according to him(Polish Rumble), were that the women are stunning and approachable and the city was very clean and incredibly safe. Obviously, too, everything there is extremely cheap considering the average monthly earnings of a Belorussian.

Of the biggest cons, listed by Polish_Rumble, were that some women had busted faces despite having a 10 for a body. Interesting. Considering most women there do not speak a lick of English you will have to know some basic Russian to pick up. Finally, Minsk does not really have a ONS culture.

All in all, he writes a fascinating data sheet. Despite some of the obviously cons, Minsk has me intrigued to the point where I am seriously considering visiting it to see for myself.
11-01-2013, 04:00 AM
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
I'm interested in Minsk.

When are you planning to go there? I might join you.
11-01-2013, 04:56 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
I am planning to go soon also....NN meetup! Smile

A friend tells me that it's very much a one night stand culture there
11-01-2013, 05:46 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Partisan Offline
Crewmember

United States
(11-01-2013, 05:46 AM)deb auchery Wrote: I am planning to go soon also....NN meetup! Smile

Your friend told you wrong Deb. Belarus doesnt have a strong ONS culture. Far from it. I found them to be a tad bit on the conservative side.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013, 09:43 AM by Partisan.)
11-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
I've heard that in hotels cleaners will hide your valuable things in obscure places so they are not stealing, but wait until you checkout for them to take it. The 'belarusion trick'. Only ever met one person near my age from belarus and he did not speak any english, had someone translate for us. The women definitely build the curiosity to go I almost went myself last year.

PS: 2014 they have the Ice hockey world cup
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013, 10:23 AM by Shanked.)
11-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

If you guys can make this after January 12, I can be there
11-01-2013, 11:22 AM
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
(11-01-2013, 09:42 AM)Partisan Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 05:46 AM)deb auchery Wrote: I am planning to go soon also....NN meetup! Smile

Your friend told you wrong Deb. Belarus doesnt have a strong ONS culture. Far from it. I found them to be a tad bit on the conservative side.

Maybe its just you?
11-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
William Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
I've never been, but what I've talked to several people who have, and they generally say what Partisan says.

Partisan, how did you like Belarus? Did you like it enough to go back? I'm curious to check out Belarus as I hear it has a lot of blondes.
11-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Partisan Offline
Crewmember

United States
(11-01-2013, 01:45 PM)deb auchery Wrote:

Maybe its just you?

Unlike you Deb, I have been there so I do now what I am talking about.

(11-01-2013, 06:31 PM)William Wrote: I've never been, but what I've talked to several people who have, and they generally say what Partisan says.

Partisan, how did you like Belarus? Did you like it enough to go back? I'm curious to check out Belarus as I hear it has a lot of blondes.

I have to say that I liked it there. I was in Minsk during the entirety of my stay, 9 nights back in March of last year. Minsk is a very clean, orderly and safe city. I never felt in danger there and public transport was second to none. Its a place that does not get visited very often due to bad press that it receives and the hassle of getting a visa to enter that place.

The women whom I met all online were very sweet and feminine. There was a certain air of innocence about them yet they were extremely cautious. English language levels are next to non existant so my rudimentary Russian got me around. I smashed an ok looking college chick (6.5) and while there met a solid 7 whom I smashed when she came to see me in Dublin a few months later. Belarus is an untapped resource and will likely remain that way for as long as Lukashenko remains in power.

Minsk as a city is not as lively as say Moscow or Kiev but still its a place where if you could do very well if you stay for a period of time. Restaurants are very limited and same can be said for nightlife options. The city has a surprisingly laid back feel to it. As for the rest of the country, I dont know but I have heard good things from places like Brest and Hrodno.

Put Belarus on your 'to do' list but I wouldnt live there long term.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013, 08:27 PM by Partisan.)
11-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
R123456
Unregistered

I was thinking of going around the 18th of dec.

The adventure factor ways in heavily for me as well. What I've heard, girls are great. Probably need to put some effort in them though. I'm still in doubt about this trip as all my buddy's are like; 'wtf, belarus, trying to get killed?' and I hate travelling solo, just cause you don't have the 'ole sitting by the campfire sharing your stories with your buds thing.
11-01-2013, 10:48 PM
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
(11-01-2013, 07:53 PM)Partisan Wrote:

Maybe its just you?

(11-01-2013, 06:31 PM)William Wrote: I've never been, but what I've talked to several people who have, and they generally say what Partisan says.

I have to say that I liked it there. I was in Minsk during the entirety of my stay, 9 nights back in March of last year. Minsk is a very clean, orderly and safe city. I never felt in danger there and public transport was second to none. Its a place that does not get visited very often due to bad press that it receives and the hassle of getting a visa to enter that place.

The women whom I met all online were very sweet and feminine. There was a certain air of innocence about them yet they were extremely cautious. English language levels are next to non existant so my rudimentary Russian got me around. I smashed an ok looking college chick (6.5) and while there met a solid 7 whom I smashed when she came to see me in Dublin a few months later. Belarus is an untapped resource and will likely remain that way for as long as Lukashenko remains in power.

Minsk as a city is not as lively as say Moscow or Kiev but still its a place where if you could do very well if you stay for a period of time. Restaurants are very limited and same can be said for nightlife options. The city has a surprisingly laid back feel to it. As for the rest of the country, I dont know but I have heard good things from places like Brest and Hrodno.

I would take anything Partizan says with a pinch of salt, I prefer to listen to my friend who is a successful player rather than a hopeless Irish egghead

11-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Is Partisan the one that met you in Ukraine without you knowing it was him?
11-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
(11-01-2013, 11:42 PM)RockingForever Wrote: Is Partisan the one that met you in Ukraine without you knowing it was him?

Nope I don't think I have met anyone who was not who they were claiming to be unless they were a master of disguise.

I'm wary of meeting newbies on the forum, I arrange to meet them at the Neptune Statue in Rynok square, I then observe them from the clock tower with my binoculars
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2013, 01:11 AM by deb auchery.)
11-02-2013, 01:09 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Partisan Offline
Crewmember

United States
(11-01-2013, 11:34 PM)deb auchery Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 07:53 PM)Partisan Wrote:

Maybe its just you?

I would take anything Partizan says with a pinch of salt, I prefer to listen to my friend who is a successful player rather than a hopeless Irish egghead

Do tell us Deb how you got banned off RVF for posting a fake data sheet from Moscow when you were never there.

http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-14710.html

11-02-2013, 02:21 AM
Find Reply