• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rules & Moderation
[-] The following 4 users Like Dash's post:
  • 007 Game, chris, DaysGoneBy, JayJuanGee
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Rules & Moderation
For such a small forum, there is a poo ton of worthless back and fourths between posters. Easily has to be 50/50 if not worse between valuable info and flaming.

As I wrote in Manila Sheet thread everyone here should only look to do one or more of the following

1) Sharing information and experiences
2) Asking for information and opinions
3) Debating / Discussing topics of interest in a respectable manner

Name calling, hating, flaming should not be allowed period. A warning for the first offense, a temp ban for the second, and a perma ban for the 3rd offense. All it does is degrade the forum and no one wants to read page after page of guys having a pissing match in search for useful information. If anything we have a specific thread for that.

If you know of or discover another poster lying or providing false info and have proof or evidence THEN you can and should call them out on it. Calling someone out does not involve or include name calling. Present the facts and leave it at that and let people make up their own minds about x poster and let the moderators handle the situation as they see fit.

This shit is not rocket science.

As for the moderation, since Zolo is not around enough to properly moderate the forum than there ought to be a vote by the regular active members of the forum for whom the moderator should be. If he fails to moderate appropriately than it should go to the guy that finished 2nd in the voting.

My thoughts on the matter..... Feel free to give suggestions and opinions on ways to make the forum better.

11-20-2013, 12:31 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
chris Offline
Stowaway

Afghanistan
RE: Rules & Moderation
Now that Vorkuta has retired, I would be very happy for Dash to be a Mod here, if he doesn't mind sparing the time.

I don't like kissing ass, (I wil leave that to the likes of Vorkuta on the RVF forum, and I have no reason to), but Dash posts very detailed datasheets and great information and has no financial motive for doing so.

11-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes worldwidetraveler's post:
  • JayJuanGee
worldwidetraveler Offline
Boatswain

(11-20-2013, 12:34 AM)chris Wrote: , but Dash posts very detailed datasheets and great information and has no financial motive for doing so.

Yes, that Dash is a whiz at Googling information. This forum could be the next Wikipedia. Big Grin
11-20-2013, 01:03 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes RockingForever's post:
  • JayJuanGee
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Quote:If you know of or discover another poster lying or providing false info and have proof or evidence THEN you can and should call them out on it.

And what should happen, a ban?

You'd be banned several times over by now Dash, sure you want that rule?

If Dash Global is made mod it will be the death of this forum. No one in the 'manosphere' will EVER take this forum seriously knowing that he's at the reigns.
11-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
If Vorkuta no longer wants to mod I vote Astraeos
11-20-2013, 01:07 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
(11-20-2013, 01:05 AM)RockingForever Wrote:
Quote:If you know of or discover another poster lying or providing false info and have proof or evidence THEN you can and should call them out on it.

And what should happen, a ban?

You'd be banned several times over by now Dash, sure you want that rule?

If Dash Global is made mod it will be the death of this forum. No one in the 'manosphere' will EVER take this forum seriously knowing that he's at the reigns.

That is for the Zolo / the mods to decided. However, personally Id be in favor of banning a multiple offender who posts intentional false info (not someone posting a vague pic that his notch posted to facebook in which looks similar with a covered face)

So no I wouldnt be banned buddy, to your disappointment lmao
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 01:19 AM by Dash.)
11-20-2013, 01:17 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

(11-20-2013, 01:07 AM)Shanked Wrote: If Vorkuta no longer wants to mod I vote Astraeos

Who? Huh
11-20-2013, 01:18 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 3 users Like friheten's post:
  • Dash, Debauchery, JayJuanGee
friheten Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
RockingForever could me moderator. All his posts are great.
11-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dash's post:
  • chris
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
(11-20-2013, 01:28 AM)friheten Wrote: RockingForever could me moderator. All his posts are great.

Got a good chuckle out of that! Good one
11-20-2013, 01:30 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes RockingForever's post:
  • JayJuanGee
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

I prefer your posts tbh.

"Hey I just want to talk"

*taps on shoulder*
11-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dash's post:
  • JayJuanGee
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Lets not feed the troll Friheten (myself included). Thread is for Zolo to see and for people to post serious suggestions.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 01:35 AM by Dash.)
11-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDave's post:
  • chris, JayJuanGee
BigDave Offline
Stowaway

Afghanistan
Well it seems I joined this forum just a shit storm was starting. I have participated in other online forums for over a decade pretty actively so I know some rules that do help things:

1) Moderation should not be discussed in a thread. Why someone was moderated should only be taken up in a private convo with the mods. Anyone repeatedly disagreeing with moderation outside of a private conversation should be banned.
2) All acts of moderation should be signaled out by the moderator in the thread. Something like in all bold "MODERATION:" followed by a few sentences of what the violation was and what the consequences will be.
3) Anyone having multiple accounts is permanently banned, no ifs and or buts.
4) No ad hominems.

If people could keep to those rules there wouldn't be a lot of noise.
11-20-2013, 01:49 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Call me paranoid if you will but Deb/chris soubds just like the IRT up there. Something very very fishy is going on here. What if the Irt has been imposting as Deb post ban? What if the irt and Deb are one and the same?
11-20-2013, 02:00 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
chris Offline
Stowaway

Afghanistan
Take your stupidity to another thread stickman
11-20-2013, 02:14 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Debbie you trippin' pops. The mature thing is to walk away, or at least call the account deb2 3 4 5.

Step.away.. take a breather, find some composure. Youre shitting all over your only support network.
11-20-2013, 02:20 AM
Find Reply