• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook reveals US cities with best and worst ratios
[-]
  •
William Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Facebook reveals US cities with best and worst ratios
They give three stats. But the key state to me is number of single females per single male.

The worst are all tech hubs
San Francisco, Seattle, San Jose

Best:
Memphis, Jacksonville, Fort Worth, Charlotte

I've lived in Florida and Seattle and I find these stats to be accurate. Florida has a number of cities high in single ladies. I one time had a job offer in Memphis, one thing I remember is that city is majority black.

One trend here is that tech cities and major cities are worse than 2nd-tier cities. The major job centers tend to have more males. I bet this trend applies outside of the US as well.

They are excluding smaller cities. I bet those have the best ratios, especially college towns. I believe Charlotte, which is large enough to be included, is also a major university city. I wish Facebook would release the same info for international cities.

http://online.wsj.com/news/interactive/L...2170592732
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2014, 10:39 PM by William.)
02-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Canadian_King Offline
Deckhand

RE: Facebook reveals US cities with best and worst ratios
Maybe people in tech cities are just more tech-savvy and more likely to bother to state what their relationship status is on FB. People in Jackson might just not give as much of a shit about letting people know? Although their algorithms probably take that into account.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2014, 10:46 PM by Canadian_King.)
02-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
William Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
(02-14-2014, 10:45 PM)Canadian_King Wrote: their algorithms probably take that into account.

You sound like a techie. Are you living in one of these tech cities? Maybe you are in denial lol.

But yeah you bring up a point that should be considered, that maybe FB's data is inherently off. To me, based on my own experiences, these numbers seem to be accurate, unlike a lot of other lists, like world maps of countries with girls with the large breasts.

02-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
fucksong Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
(02-14-2014, 11:01 PM)William Wrote:
(02-14-2014, 10:45 PM)Canadian_King Wrote: their algorithms probably take that into account.

You sound like a techie. Are you living in one of these tech cities? Maybe you are in denial lol.

But yeah you bring up a point that should be considered, that maybe FB's data is inherently off. To me, based on my own experiences, these numbers seem to be accurate, unlike a lot of other lists, like world maps of countries with girls with the large breasts.

Agreed. Man Francisco and Man Jose are huge sausagefests. Fuck Silicon Valley. Yes I'm a little bitter but when you spent half your life there, I had to unlearn and relearn many things regarding male/female dynamics. I can't emphasize enough how some English teachers I know in Asia are living life to the fullest while some engineer is making shitloads of cash, but getting no pussy and shopping at Costco on a regular basis.
02-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
mistersnort Offline
Banned

I heard from women that charlotte stinks so I guess it must be good for men, anyone ever been to charlotte?
02-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
fucksong Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
(02-20-2014, 07:10 PM)mistersnort Wrote: I heard from women that charlotte stinks so I guess it must be good for men, anyone ever been to charlotte?

You bring up a good point. If a girl says some place sucks, it might be good for us guys. I remember one of my hot female friends, this former stripper who was Chinese/Vietnamese but who grew up in Silicon Valley (I never tapped it/friend zoned) who went to Tokyo and when I asked her how it was, she said she didn't like it there. This was years before I went there. And sure enough, chicks left and right.

02-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Find Reply