• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts on my 4 grad school options
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

Your thoughts on my 4 grad school options
Greetings,

I know posted a bit a while back about going to Prague but I've reconsidered costs and some of the programs. Some may say I shouldn't go to grad school but I am really passionate about what I am going for and it is imperative to get a MA to advance in the industry. I am still very much considering teaching abroad but, in the meantime, I am going to obtain a MA to have a fallback option.

So, I hope you can strictly tell me your thoughts on these locations!

I want you to consider cost of living, quality of women, chances of hooking up, nightlife, proximity to other prominent destinations, safety

Groningen, Netherlands
1 year

Saint Petersburg, Russia
1 year

Budapest, Hungary
1 year

Cracow, Poland - Brno, Czech Republic, Pecs, Hungary
One semester in each city. Already accepted!
02-18-2014, 07:33 AM
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
RE: Your thoughts on my 4 grad school options
St. Pet's is an expensive city from what ive read. But id try to swing it if I could.

Budapest seems interesting but I dont know anything about the nightlife or ease of hookup.
02-18-2014, 07:46 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
I think it should be between St Petersburg and Budapest. Groningen isn't going to have the same quality of nightlife/girls (or so I'd imagine). The 4th option involves a lot of moving about which isn't the most convenient thing when you're doing your MA - All the places you'd go to would be fun, but every semester you'd have to put extra time into building a social circle, finding when the good nights out/venues are and it would eat into your time when you need to be studying.

As for deciding between St Petersburg and Budapest, you'd need to either: Find somebody whose values and goals match yours, and has been to both places, or find as much impartial info, city reviews, datasheets, etc. about both and see which is going to be the best fit.

If it's still on the table I wouldn't rule out Prague though. It's been my favourite city to live in and -- even though I'm not a student myself -- the erasmus student parties I've been to have been really good. They have them once a week and it's almost always the best quality of girl I'll see in one venue.
02-18-2014, 10:23 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
If you can, go with St. Petersburg and learn Russian.
Second choice would be Budapest. Krakow and Brno will feel super small after a month.
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2014, 10:29 AM by Zolo.)
02-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
mistersnort Offline
Banned

krakow and brno would be my two budapest 1, I don't see how you can go wrong with either
02-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

This is good because I was originally leaning towards Groningen, actually. I knew little about it other than it's proximity to other fun places. I think it will come down to Budapest and Saint Petersburg. I might lead towards Budapest because of the cost of living.

That is essentially what I am grappling with atm. On one hand, learning Russian would be an amazing asset to have in my field but I don't know if I will be able to have "fun"there because of the costs associated. But then there is Budapest where there is a pretty good party and cheap cost of living but just doesn't have that X factor
02-18-2014, 11:49 PM
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
I am pretty sure you can have fun in St. Pets on the cheap. Invite girls to your apartment or dive bars with specials. Eat cheap locally or cook your own food. etc etc. Im speculating though....

Anyone know which girls are the most DTF out of Russian and Budapest?

02-19-2014, 12:35 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
varst Offline
Deckhand

Belgium
I'd rule out groningen immediately. Which places are you talking about when saying "proximity to other fun places"? I'd say your 2 other options are way better in every aspect. I haven't been to St. Pets though. Budapest has another great advantage: having lots of bargain airline routes. If you base yourself there you can take a cheap wizzair or ryanair flight and explore some other EE cities during holidays...
02-21-2014, 08:24 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
I've lived in Budapest for 5 years so I'm biased, and been to SP for just 10 days, but I'd say hands down BP. It's way cheaper, central Europe so you could go anywhere for cheap, VERY hot girls, they are easy (last time I was there pulled a SNL in 1 out of the 4 nights I was out, not my best stats but OK). Go for it.
02-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Don,

go where you think you have the best chance landing good work/business opportunities
the rest will always come one way or another.
02-22-2014, 02:15 PM
Find Reply