• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Wanna get laid in Medellin?
[-]
  •
Mixx Offline
Jedi-Master Mixx

Afghanistan
RE: Wanna get laid in Medellin?
(08-19-2012, 10:22 AM)Road_Less_Taken Wrote: Mixx have you ever been to Tunja or Yopal?

I have been to Tunja. There is NOTHING TO DO except chase girls all day, nap in between and try to fuck as many girls willing to go back to your hotel/apt.

Have something to entertain you when not chasing pussy; it is a pretty boring town. I suspect Yopal will be similar.

The girls are very sweet and innocent, so expect modest resistance for sex on first night.

Mixx
08-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Tomtud Offline
Gunner

Folks listen to señor Mixx. Most is spot on. As exceptions do exist. But if you cannot answer when she says a quedarse? ( staying) permanently, the writing is on the wall....time to move on. But if you are staying, get your Cedula from das and flash it, she may stick around.

As for venturing out of Medellin and for most newbs outside of even a strata 5 6 barrio, be careful. If your Spanish is mediocre and you dress very differently you will be a target potentially. Go with a local.

Bello I must say has some hotties, but going alone on a Saturday night is a no no unless you know locals, speak REALLY good Spanish and are good at reading social situations. If you cannot spot a group of guys in a bar who are sketchy or you don't know what to do when you hit on a girl with a wannabe Mickey mouse drug dealer in his territory, well just beware.

Bello chicks by the time they are 23 they are too old. Yes you read that correctly. New ones are coming from god knows where and are competing for the men. Many are moms from 16 17 etc, but somehow you don't see the whales that you see in the English speaking world following pregnancies. They hide it well with those undergarment tightners. Bandages. Genetics.

The rules change when you stay there longer. You can date hot girls from poblado! But if you want to spend $ 100 on her reggaeton concert ticket and dinners go for it. That's the extreme. I wasn't there long enough, but when I am I will fill you all in.

08-23-2012, 03:12 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Destino Offline
Deckhand

What is the cleanest, most developed city in colombia? Also safest "feeling" for foreigners.
08-23-2012, 05:29 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Mixx Offline
Jedi-Master Mixx

Afghanistan
(08-23-2012, 05:29 AM)Destino Wrote: What is the cleanest, most developed city in colombia? Also safest "feeling" for foreigners.

Bogota. English most common among locals compared to other cities.

Bucaramanga is the "cleanest". English is not very common here, and girls are mediocre when compared to THE BIG 3: Bogota, Medellin, Cali.

Mixx
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 08:18 AM by Mixx.)
08-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Road_Less_Taken Offline
Deckhand

Mixx,

How about the best city for a 21 year old whom is conversational in Spanish for a 4 month stay?

Looking for a place that is
*Off the main gringo trail
*Has a few nice restaurants, gym etc.
*On the safer side (relative to other cities in Colombia)
and has lots of univeristy/high school girls

I'm thinking Manizales might be the best bet. If you were me would you go here or any other city you'd spend some time looking into?
08-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
chochemonger1 Offline
Boatswain

(08-23-2012, 08:16 AM)Mixx Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 05:29 AM)Destino Wrote: What is the cleanest, most developed city in colombia? Also safest "feeling" for foreigners.

Bucaramanga is the "cleanest". English is not very common here, and girls are mediocre when compared to THE BIG 3: Bogota, Medellin, Cali.

Mixx
Agreed.....chubbier, whiter, more mediocre and with more attitude and pride. Not a good combination. Such a shame that the women dont go well with the niceness of Bucaramanga in general. Mixx, you should have told me that before I went. You owe me a Polish girl hehe.
08-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
MacArthur Offline
Stowaway

(08-23-2012, 10:24 AM)Road_Less_Taken Wrote: Mixx,

How about the best city for a 21 year old whom is conversational in Spanish for a 4 month stay?

Looking for a place that is
*Off the main gringo trail
*Has a few nice restaurants, gym etc.
*On the safer side (relative to other cities in Colombia)
and has lots of univeristy/high school girls

I'm thinking Manizales might be the best bet. If you were me would you go here or any other city you'd spend some time looking into?

Pereira is a nice city and close to Manizales. I've had tons of fun there for New Years. Armenia is close by and also fun. If you don't mind driving a few hours Fusa about 1 1/2 hours outside of Bogota is safe and has a nice small town feel. Finally, Villavicencio was awesome because of all of the rolas going to their fincas on the weekends. It's hot there and is filled with Colombian tourist girls looking for fun.

If you're 21 and speak Spanish you may just want to explore and not get tied down to just one city. Start in Manizales and after a while rent a car and start driving around to the other small cities. Be sure to check the local news before hitting up a new city. For example, avoid Cauca right now and Cucuta.

I'm back in Medellin now, let me know if can give you any more info. Be careful, after 4 months in Colombia at 21 years old...you will be ruined for life. Big Grin

08-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Mixx Offline
Jedi-Master Mixx

Afghanistan
(08-24-2012, 12:10 AM)MacArthur Wrote: Be careful, after 4 months in Colombia at 21 years old...you will be ruined for life. Big Grin

Confirmed. My very first trip to Colombia was at the age of 22, to the city of Cali (who popped my Colombian cherry), on my 3rd night, I fucked my local dentist (she was 26), and 4 days later, I fucked her sister.....that first visit to Colombia was enough to ruin my life.

here is the result of how my life is ruined (I am 38 now).

1. I never got married, and lost out on paying alimony to a woman that hates me as I approach the age of 40.

2. I never had kids, and lost out on paying child support to kids who will hate my guts when they are teenagers (see reason 1 above).

3. I have traveled the world and have had sex with foreign women of all walks of life - and missed out on "settling down" with an American woman who will gain 50lbs, and rack-up endless debt.

4. I keep myself GQ stylish, and in shape (This sucks, at my age it should be cargo shorts, and a t-shirt and a beer belly)

5. I'm always fucking smiling!! fuck..cannot get this fucking grin off my face ever!

6. I look 10 years younger than I actually am.

7. I never let a woman get one-over on me - ever. (See Usher opens a legally mandated Saks 5th Av charge account for his ex-wife)

8. I have a steady supply of sex-on-demand ™ everywhere I go with girls 20 years my junior. -- That means I fuck 18 yo girls on a regular basis as a 38yo man - a big NO-NO in America.

9. I live by my rules; I have a location independent lifestyle, and do not answer to "the man"

10. I have a ton - make than a buckoo load of cassssshhhhhhhhh!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If you do not want to miserable like me at age 38, do not go to colombia when you are early 20's.

Mixx
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 02:03 AM by Mixx.)
08-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Destino Offline
Deckhand

Thanks.

Taken into consideration.

(08-23-2012, 08:16 AM)Mixx Wrote:

Mixx

08-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Going to Colombia in your early 20's can potentially ruin your life from an emotional happiness standpoint.

That can be said for a lot of countries but more so Colombia imo when you factor in everything.

I am fucking miserable when I am not in Latin America and stuck in the shit hole called the US.

Maybe if I lived in Miami or San Diego it might not be as bad but it still can't compare.

I am taking the necessary steps to move to Colombia (and anywhere I want) this year and will have my pick of cities and locations come June 13'.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 03:44 AM by Dash.)
08-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Road_Less_Taken Offline
Deckhand

Yikes what a lifestyle, maybe I should rethink my trip!

In all seriousness, while its very possible I'd like to settle down have a wife in kids in 15 years, its not what I'm looking for now. And why would you? 10 years of being lonely before you get a used up girl who figures out shes looking for a nice/stable guy. Working hard and for what, a life without adventure and change.

I'll be exploring for a month first. I felt like staying in a place for a couple of months would allow me to get a really nice apartment which isnt as overpriced as a vacation rental. Though would the savings be quite significant? What for example, would a nice, furnished two bedroom apartment in the best area of Manizales run you?

And I have to ask. Mixx how do you sleep with so many girls yet keep things from completely blowing up around you? Especially when your living in a smaller city for a longer period of time. I really need a step by step guide on this.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 05:12 AM by Road_Less_Taken.)
08-24-2012, 03:41 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Tomtud Offline
Gunner

Dash that's my plan too. Are you planning to teach English or have another method in making $$$$$. Have another year left in the sand and hopefully get a gig in Medellin.

Estoy enamorado con Colombia!
08-24-2012, 03:44 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Fuck teaching ESL (English). Thats for backpackers and people that are only looking to get by for a year or two.

Only way id recommend that is if you have a degree and went and got your MA TESOL (masters in teaching ESL). Then you could get solid jobs at Universities. (you can get jobs with just a bachelors but I would like to play it safe)

Universities pay around 3-5 mil.

I will post a data sheet on what I am doing for the forum.

Tomtud,

What are you doing in the Middle East exactly? What is your background (degree, certs, ect)?

(08-24-2012, 03:44 AM)Tomtud Wrote: Dash that's my plan too. Are you planning to teach English or have another method in making $$$$$. Have another year left in the sand and hopefully get a gig in Medellin.

Estoy enamorado con Colombia!

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 03:55 AM by Dash.)
08-24-2012, 03:48 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Tomtud Offline
Gunner

I am an elementary school teacher. Have a masters in education and a teachers cert. teaching ESL pays low yes in Colombia. I have to teach in the sand if you will to get the necessary work experience so that I may apply to jobs where I want to work. Pay my dues if you will.

I haven't checked out the university route in Colombia, but I went to the UPB campus by unicentro mall and wow! Tonnes of chicks. Gonna try the private school route. The money ain't that bad. $30k USD per year including your own condo in poblado. Not a bad deal when comparing the cost of living, weather, women and lifestyle.

If I can'tt teach well going to use my money and start to build/renovate properties in Toronto and have that flexible schedule where I can live there when I want and for how long I want. Now the only problem is that I have to SAVE the money !!!!!
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 04:25 AM by Tomtud.)
08-24-2012, 04:20 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Tomtud,

Just made a post about teaching and living abroad and it seems you are already well on your way!

What is your savings outlook for where you are in the Middle East?

I actually have a investment plan for Colombia you might be interested in.

It should generate 2K a month relatively passive. That is why I am contemplating putting in a year or two in the sandbox to get the capital for it.

I will pm you with the details.
08-24-2012, 05:04 AM
Find Reply