Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington Heights, NY
[-]
  •
Martelo Offline
Deckhand

Washington Heights, NY
Washington Heights is a funny area, split between Dominicans and Orthodox Jews.

On the East side of Broadway, it's all Spanish. The only English you hear is from kids who grew up here.

West of Broadway, going uphill, suddenly it's more English, and Russian, and other languages spoken by the orthodox Jewish community.

I'm not too interested in the orthodox side. I don't live near Washington Heights, but have gone out there and spent some time there. I have not pulled from there, with logistics and my general game level holding me back, but it's an area I wanna crack. Anyway, here's a rundown of what I can offer on Washington Heights:

Language:

The area is basically bilingual, with older people more likely to only speak Spanish, and younger people being more likely to speak English and Spanish.

Day Game:
Take the A or 1 to 181st and get out, you will be surrounded by huge crowds of people. 181st and Broadway, or St. Nicholas, and you'll see tons tons tons of people everywhere going about their business. Most of these people are not hot chicks strutting it, this is not Soho, but there are some definite cuties to bug during the day.

There are plenty of clothing stores to check out, to either try to nab sales-girls or fellow shoppers. There is one store called Mission which I twice saw an astonishing number of sexy shoppers in. Not a bad starting point.

I haven't spent a ton of time day-gaming, but when I genuinely needed to find things cute chicks were more than willing to talk. It honestly seemed like whichever language I opened in, they'd respond in the other. Either way, a simple street opener like "Perdon, tu conoces por aqui?" works fine to stop a girl, most aren't busy it seems.

There is Ft. Tryon Park, which has a beautiful view of the river and is a beautiful park on its own. Guess what? No cute chicks go there in my experience. It seems like in a place with so many people that have so little to do, a beautiful park nearby would be a natural hangout spot, but no, you're more likely to see elderly people and parents with babies there. At least, that was my experience. I have to imagine that a beautiful park would have some cuties sometime, so maybe check it out and see if I was there on off days.

Bars/Restaurants:

Casa Del Mofongo/Lucky Seven: These are two restaurant/bars, right next to each other, owned by the same person, with the exact same feel, menu etc. I don't really understand why they're not just 1 large place, but for whatever reason, you have two identical places side-by-side. This crowd largely speaks Spanish, dances merengue and bachata, and it seems much more a place people bring their novias.

Papasito: A Mexican restuarant/bar, good food, and a popular location. Tables in the back to sit at and a large bar area in the front. Decent ratio, a chilled out place. Here I saw more groups of independent girls rather than ones that were being lorded over by a guy buying bottles. Music isn't too loud, don't even remember what they were playing, which probably means forgettable top 40.

Dykman Bar: This place was a little wilder. Fewer tables, more chicks going crazy working their asses. Seemed a bit more like the place guys came with their girls, but I'm sure you could find something workable here. Hip hop/Reggaeton/Pop kinda place, maybe a merengue or bachata track once in a while.

809: Haven't been here when it was good, it's a 2-story place with tables below and a dance floor above. The place is gigantic compared to the other bars in the area, and seems to have potential. They play a mix of everything here.

Google maps of the places I mentioned:
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Missio...ra=ls&z=15

Anyone else who's got some useful intel on Wash Heights, please chime in. I have not explored further south than the 170's, so that's a whole other realm.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012, 08:11 PM by Martelo.)
08-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Mixx Offline
Jedi-Master Mixx

Afghanistan
RE: Washington Heights, NY
I see that Quisqueya-land has not changed much. I have never pulled directly from here either; it seems that these Dominican girls like to be pulled in other areas of the city, and are HUGE SOCIAL CIRCLE freaks. Meeting them randomly on the street is not really their thing, although they will be nice to you if you stop to talk to them, but don't expect to escalate to sex quickly. There are so many beta suitors around when here, it makes sex without wining and dining for a few weeks near impossible if you are not part of her social circle or at a house party on a saturday night.

Granted, I am speaking from someone who is NOT Dominican. I am sure that a Dominican guy would have a different POV than other races who try to swoop directly from here.

I have found Dominican girls are 10x easier to bang when they are NOT near any other Dominicans, especially when they are outside the city!

Mixx
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2012, 02:19 AM by Mixx.)
08-14-2012, 02:18 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Martelo Offline
Deckhand

RE: Washington Heights, NY
I'd been so drawn to the dominicanas that I was thinking of moving uptown.

I realize lots of Dominicanas are not all about going out in the area, ones my age (20's) I've met like to spend time downtown etc. and emphasize that they're not into spending time "up there", trying to act too good for it. Of course, there are other ones who do go out in wash heights. They're probably more fun anyway.

I'm young and don't have a ton of scratch, so living in Wash Heights could be nice on the wallet, but as I've had no luck with Dominican girls, maybe it'd be foolish to move there primarily for the chicks. But then, I'm up for a challenge, and would like to get my dancing game tighter, so it could be fun to get into the local scene.

Besides the chicks there, few girls outside of the area are pumped to go visit Washington Heights. A white girl gets whistled at by a Dominican guy and she acts like someone pulled a gun on her, so my ability to pull from other areas back to Wash Heights could be diminished by a bad reputation...

Hmm...
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2012, 03:18 PM by Martelo.)
08-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Find Reply