• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info Gathering For New Crimea, Chechnya, Dagestan, and Moscow
[-]
  •
Winter Offline
Stowaway

Info Gathering For New Crimea, Chechnya, Dagestan, and Moscow
Good Day Gentlemen,

I am a new member of the Forum and was looking to gather some information on Moscow, Occupied Crimea and the Russian Caucasus Regions. I will be living in Moscow for 6 months starting late September. I will be working and taking Russian courses part time there. I am already a beginner speaker of the language and I know how challenging it is. I will have an apartment and wifi ready when I arrive (probably by the Dinamo Metro Station)

I have scoured RVF and NN forum and other travel sources to get a grasp of these below areas. No need to get stressed and repeat the same basic information from other threads. I went to Kazakhstan and Ukraine for a total of 2 months last year, and have been with a number of Russian/Ukrainian/Slavic/Central Asian women in my life time, so I already know what to expect as far as that game goes.

1. I will be going to newly Russian occupied Crimea with some friends in this time. I am interested in seeing the changes being made and the overall attitude of the people. It looks fairly positive from watching the Vice News Dispatches: Russian Roulette Any additional Info?

Ps. Now that foreigners need Russian Visas here, less tourists and more women for the taking giggity giggity

2. I will be going to Grosni, some Chechen Villages, North Caucasus Region, and Dagestan at some point during my stay. I am highly aware of the dangers of these areas and will go with a proper guide and some local friends. Obviously I don't expect a swell or even existent hookup ratio in these areas. Any additional Info?

3. Anything fun or new in Moscow I should be aware of? I know the amount of Russians going on vacations has drastically reduced since the conflict, and the fall of discount airline Dobrelot. Also I may just tell people I am from Canada to avoid problems if this is required. Due to my darker looks I am usually accused of being Georgian and Armenian.

No rush, thank you for your time, Godspeed.
08-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Astraeos Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Info Gathering For New Crimea, Chechnya, Dagestan, and Moscow
You can do well in Crimea, but don't expect being a foreigner will help. They are very nationalistic and prefer their own kind(Russian).

Maybe tell them your parents are Georgian/Armenian or part Russian.

Enjoy your trip.
08-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
William Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
(08-06-2014, 03:58 PM)Winter Wrote: 1. I will be going to newly Russian occupied Crimea with some friends in this time. I am interested in seeing the changes being made and the overall attitude of the people. It looks fairly positive from watching the Vice News Dispatches: Russian Roulette Any additional Info?

My landlord has a hotel in Crimea, he says it hasn't been doing so well this summer, there are less tourists there ATM.
08-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes deb auchery's post:
  • Astraeos
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
(08-06-2014, 10:48 PM)Astraeos Wrote: You can do well in Crimea, but don't expect being a foreigner will help. They are very nationalistic and prefer their own kind(Russian).

Maybe tell them your parents are Georgian/Armenian or part Russian.

Enjoy your trip.

There must be a foreigner factor there, I would imagine that Americans are not popular there currently, due to the political situation.

I have dated some girls in Odessa that are anti American, I think this is mostly due to the sex tourist guys that have been going there for a long time.

08-07-2014, 12:48 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Astraeos Offline
Lieutenant

Yes, anti-American/German/UK sentiments since those are often labeled as the sex tourists. Other nationalities are neutral or slightly positive.

To be honest, there weren't many foreigners at all in Crimea, so I don't know where these sentiments come from. The media I guess. Also, you have to remember that a lot of families are current or former military, especially on the coast.. Very much against foreigners and pro Russian/Soviet pride. The mass amount of tourists also makes people wary of strangers, like in any tourist town.

The problem with being an average white foreigner is that you aren't wanted by those looking for exotic since you look like locals and you're not wanted by girls looking for average white guys since they prefer their own men for that. You really have to stand out looks wise to get exotic points.

Belarus is much better if you're looking for white god status, if you can put up with prices and economics....and awful weather.

Overall, Crimea is great for a lot of things but for meeting people I'd rank it lower than other places.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2014, 02:57 AM by Astraeos.)
08-07-2014, 02:46 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Astraeos Offline
Lieutenant

It may be good for party type game with drunk or drugged chicks if thats your type, lots of that going on (heroin, drinking, p4p).

Try the big university in simferopol for daygame, and drink beer with some people in the park if you can make connections.

I also recommend internet on VK, especially pipelining beforehand because the response rate is lower than other FSU areas.

Finally, if your into oudoor stuff and sports you'll have a blast. Enjoy your trip.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2014, 12:48 PM by Astraeos.)
08-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Apollo Offline
Boatswain

East Timor
I don't think its a good idea hanging out in those places when there is trouble like this. The usual cock-blockers will now be carrying Ak-47s or at least know someone that does, things can get out of control very quickly with no law on the streets.
08-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
I would like to spend some time in Crimea, I suppose the prices are pretty much the same as in Ukraine now?

I will tell everyone of my Serbian roots, they will love it
08-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Astraeos Offline
Lieutenant

Good idea. They like serbs from what I've seen.
You can tell then some shit about all slavs sticking together, they'll eat that up.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Redirect Notice
You have successfully been banned.
You will now be taken back to where you came from.
Click here if you don't want to wait any longer.
08-09-2014, 01:59 AM
Find Reply