• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ukraine cost of living
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
Ukraine cost of living
It's incredibly cheap here in Ukraine at the moment, here is what the Hryvnia has done(or hasn't as the case is) in the last few months

[Image: 103dixi.jpg]

Example prices in Ukraine(usd)

Americano in a nice cafe $1.2
Pizza in a restaurant $3.6
Beer in a bar 500ml $1.2
Nightclub entry $7.5 in a fancy place.
Whole Watermelon $0.9
McDonalds Big Mac Meal $2.5
Prostitute for one hour (7/10) $37
1 Kilo of Chicken Breast $3
Marlboro Cigarettes 20 pack $1.2
13hr Train Ride from Kiev to Odessa(Third Class) $6
Apartment for the night $20
etc
1 Litre of quality Vodka in the Supermarket $4

Obviously with Kiev you need to add a bit, but otherwise these prices are achievable in any city.

Spoke to an English Teacher last night from America, nice guy, he said that he can survive on his UAH income, but he can't afford to buy new clothes etc.

Anyone else in Ukraine with foreign currency is living the high life. If I do a solid days work now I can easily pay my monthly rent which is calculated in Hryvnia.

At the supermarket you can basically buy what you want, a quick calculation the the prices in your head, and those beef steaks are a bargain.

It sucks for Ukrainians, paying off loans they took in USD, foreign holidays to most place in Europe have become unaffordable and inflation is on the rise

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 11:27 PM by deb auchery.)
08-26-2014, 11:15 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
RE: Ukraine cost of living
Im in Kishniev atm, just grabbed two beers and two pork steaks in a restaurant fpr I think about 5eur? Thought UKR might be a bit more but its looking level or less atm.
08-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
That's brutal. That's like SEA prices.
08-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
William Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
yeah i'm loving how my rent keeps dropping.

I'm kind of afraid to take UAH out of the ATM, with the currency dropping so frequently I feel like I need to wait until the last possible minute.

In the winter, a lot of food is imported, I think food prices will be somewhat higher at that time.

But overall, the weak currency is great for us! I need to exploit this situation more. I think I'll start getting a massage every week, I mean shit, a 90 minute full body massage must be only like 10 dollars now.
08-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Those prices are absurd. $3.6 for a whole pizza?! Just paid $15 for one in Ansan.
I need to get my ass to Ukraine.

Deb, would $2K be a decent income in UA? I'm starting to freelance again and that's a conservative estimate of what I'll be making, at least starting off. I think I could get it up to $3-4K rather quickly though.

Btw, are you still planning on moving to Kiev?
08-27-2014, 12:09 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 2 users Like deb auchery's post:
  • The Realness, YellowP
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
(08-26-2014, 11:30 PM)Alex Wrote: Im in Kishniev atm, just grabbed two beers and two pork steaks in a restaurant fpr I think about 5eur? Thought UKR might be a bit more but its looking level or less atm.

I heard Andy's Pizza is decent and cheap also in Tiraspol
(08-26-2014, 11:46 PM)William Wrote: yeah i'm loving how my rent keeps dropping.

I'm kind of afraid to take UAH out of the ATM, with the currency dropping so frequently I feel like I need to wait until the last possible minute.

In the winter, a lot of food is imported, I think food prices will be somewhat higher at that time.

But overall, the weak currency is great for us! I need to exploit this situation more. I think I'll start getting a massage every week, I mean shit, a 90 minute full body massage must be only like 10 dollars now.

Good idea, haven't had a good rub down in a long time.

Inflation has been creeping up but not compared to the devaluation of the currency
(08-27-2014, 12:09 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Those prices are absurd. $3.6 for a whole pizza?! Just paid $15 for one in Ansan.
I need to get my ass to Ukraine.

Deb, would $2K be a decent income in UA? I'm starting to freelance again and that's a conservative estimate of what I'll be making, at least starting off. I think I could get it up to $3-4K rather quickly though.

Btw, are you still planning on moving to Kiev?

$2k and you will be living like a Maharaja, you can get a nice apartment, eat out everyday, taxis everywhere, and treat the local girls to a cocktail or two.

My time is almost up in Odessa, I will be announcing my new city imminently!
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 12:18 AM by deb auchery.)
08-27-2014, 12:15 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
You gotta drop some serious data on Kiev, Nikolaev, or Kharkov.

I've seen some mega tit girls from Dneproretrovsk too.
08-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
bitchslayer Offline
Boatswain

^^^any word on Roosh?
08-27-2014, 10:03 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpecialEd's post:
  • ben-aus
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
^_^

The Ukraine thread on RVF is awfully quiet. I'm just disappointed at how things have been left between mustafa and deb. Friendship would have been interesting. A brutal beat down, even better. But this chick-like, I don't want to talk to you bullshit...*yawn*
08-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
(08-27-2014, 10:03 AM)bitchslayer Wrote: ^^^any word on Roosh?

Every time I see the guy he's usually on his own, i saw him with a guy a couple of times but seems like a wing rather than a friend. I really dont think he has any friends.

I imagine that Roosh will stay in Odessa until his 90 days are up, then go to Poland and do a border run, then he will probably go to Lviv, i dont think Kiev suits him.

Lots of other Mustafas in Odessa at the moment, the Arab students from Donetsk and Lugansk have had to flee, many of them unfortunately have come to Odessa.
(08-27-2014, 09:52 AM)TideRide Wrote: You gotta drop some serious data on Kiev, Nikolaev, or Kharkov.

I've seen some mega tit girls from Dneproretrovsk too.

Yeah i might add some datasheets soon, i havent spent enough time in Nikolaev, the women are fucking hot but English levels are low. It's not a livable city really, too small and with little charm compared to similarly sized cities in Western Ukraine
(08-27-2014, 02:18 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: ^_^

The Ukraine thread on RVF is awfully quiet. I'm just disappointed at how things have been left between mustafa and deb. Friendship would have been interesting. A brutal beat down, even better. But this chick-like, I don't want to talk to you bullshit...*yawn*

Yeah fuck the guy, he's not worth my time thinking about. I actually pity him because he's so completely useless. Must be hard living for something when you suck at it - chasing pussy
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 06:36 PM by deb auchery.)
08-27-2014, 06:30 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Partisan's post:
  • William
Partisan Offline
Crewmember

United States
According to ratings agency Fitch, Ukraine is just one step away from default and a big devaluation. Its rating has moved from B- to CCC.

https://www.fitchratings.com/creditdesk/...0%27CCC%27

http://rt.com/business/182592-ukraine-st...y-default/

Only Argentina which couldnt pay the interest on its debt is rated lower than Ukraine. If the war goes on any longer, there is a great chance of this happening.

In short anyone with savings in hard currency (euros or US dollars) and gold is set to benefit hugely.

As in every crisis, there will be winners and losers. The losers will be the ordinary Ukrainian folk who dont have any hard currency or savings at all and have debts in euros or dollars from monies borrowed during the credit bubble. A big unlikely winner in this is Belarus.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/au...ssia-talks
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 09:07 PM by Partisan.)
08-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/3504799

Lol How is it possible? Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014, 01:06 AM by deb auchery.)
08-28-2014, 01:04 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
Deb dude, Im getting to Odessa tomorrow and still havent sorted out accom cause im a bum. is it better to grab somewhere on the beach (Arcadia area) or in town on the boulevard? I read 99% of summer nightlife is in Arcadia so leaning to the beach.

Banging teens isnt my #1 priority btw, just best place to have a laugh.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014, 01:12 AM by Alex.)
08-28-2014, 01:08 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

@ DEB

lmao at prostitute prices...what are the going rates in UAH right now for a 7/10 ??
08-28-2014, 03:24 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
(08-28-2014, 01:08 AM)Alex Wrote: Deb dude, Im getting to Odessa tomorrow and still havent sorted out accom cause im a bum. is it better to grab somewhere on the beach (Arcadia area) or in town on the boulevard? I read 99% of summer nightlife is in Arcadia so leaning to the beach.

Banging teens isnt my #1 priority btw, just best place to have a laugh.

Yep beach area coulda be good, or in between. Its nice in the evenings to spend time in the centre. Arcadia you will find girls of different ages. I was there yesterday, but it was quiet because the weather has been cool.

Do you do any daygame? Can do some together in centre sometime if you like, i may also hit the beach over the next few days.

Will PM you
(08-28-2014, 03:24 AM)The Realness Wrote: @ DEB

lmao at prostitute prices...what are the going rates in UAH right now for a 7/10 ??

I actually live next to a brothel, i havent enquiried about prices there though. Watched guys bringing their own, or there are girls that can be supplied. I'm guessing no more than 6-700,for a decent one. There are also some sluts on Mamba dating site
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014, 04:36 AM by deb auchery.)
08-28-2014, 04:32 AM
Find Reply