Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Went to the Emmys... but I failed me mission
[-]
  •
Ethan X Offline
Deckhand

I Went to the Emmys... but I failed me mission
How’s it going everyone. So if you’ve ever wanted to see what it looks like backstage at the Emmys, here you go…

[Image: tickld_zpsed6bb731.jpg]

I can’t go into detail about how I was in attendance, but I can tell you that it’s a very fun experience. And therein lies the problem. I love the Emmys. In fact, I love TV in general. But this month wasn’t supposed to be about me or the Emmys, it was supposed to be about keeping up on my workout schedule and giving you all daily updates and photos. And in that I failed you. My life got a bit busy with all the fun stuff I was doing and I ended up slacking off with my workout goals.

As much as guys on the internet like to tell everyone about how they can knock out Chuck Liddell and bench press 500lbs and pick up every chick they talk to, the fact is, everyone is human and everyone makes mistakes. So today I’m manning up and telling you all that I am not perfect. I set a goal for myself and I didn’t accomplish it on the first try.

So what am I gonna do about this?

Am I gonna whine and complain on the internet about how life is too tough and I can’t accomplish my goals? Am I gonna get frustrated and quit? Am I gonna go eat cookie-dough ice cream out of the tub and watch The Notebook and cry my trouble away? No! I’m gonna get right back up on that horse and try again.

Something very important I learned from Tony Robbins is that there is no such thing as failure; only feedback. If you frame everything you do as a learning experience, then it’s impossible to fail. As long as you learn something, you are moving forward, and as long as you are moving forward, you’re not failing.

So I take back the title of this thread. I didn’t fail. I learned. I learned what I need to do in order to be successful.

So let’s try this again.

This will be my second workout thread. For the next 45 days I’ll be using the MP45 workout program and keeping you all updated with my progress through daily weigh-ins and weekly pictures. I would appreciate all your support. Even something as simple as saying, “Keep it up.” is nice to receive. If you have any questions about the workout program, my progress, or anything else, don’t hesitate to ask. Keep me accountable and help me accomplish my goal.

Day 01: 167.0lbs (Same starting weight as two weeks ago.)

[Image: Week1_zps8b026320.jpg]
09-02-2014, 07:05 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
RE: I Went to the Emmys... but I failed me mission
What the basic idea behind the program?
09-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Did u ready what I wrote in your last one? Do a few weeks to build a foundation for your muscle groups. Then your muscles wont be completely shocked and sore for days after and unable to move.
09-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Ethan X Offline
Deckhand

Rick91: It's a book that gives you an entire 45 day exercise and meal plan. The basic idea behind the program is intensity. The workouts get harder and harder as you go through the program. There are a lot of sprints, strip sets (going to failure then lowering the weight and going to failure again.), and heavy lifting. The program tells you everything to do for the entire 45 day period down to what food to eat and at what time. I can't really give you an exact overview because the workouts and meals change every day, but in general it focuses on compound lifts and giving max effort for an hour long workout. I'll post up a full day one of these days so you guys can see what a day in the program looks like.

Shanked: I did see your last post. Thanks for that. I actually did take some time to build up. I'm all set now. I usually don't need a few weeks. I normally am really sore after the first workout or two, but I think I just overdid it last time because I wasn't familiar with the rep scheme, so I used too much weight. I know better this time. You are right though. You should build up to your workouts so you don't blow yourself out during the first week.

Day 01: 167.0lbs. Notes: Same starting weight as last round.
Day 02: 168.8lbs. Notes: Feeling much better this round. I used the proper weight for the rep scheme.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014, 06:57 AM by Ethan X.)
09-03-2014, 06:56 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
What are your lifting stats Ethan?
09-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Ethan X Offline
Deckhand

Rick91: I suck at squatting, but I don't think I've ever done a 1 rep max to see how much I can squat. I don't look it, but I'm actually pretty decent at bench press. My 1 rep max is about 240lbs.
09-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
Do you really think that a workout that makes you VOMIT is healthy for you?
I know you spent some $ on this program but you already failed once and probably for a good reason. Why don't you take the moderate approach and do a "lifestyle change" rather than a 45 days "crash course" that is unsustainable? All you need to do is work out 3 times a week in a gym x 45-60 minutes, no cardio and eat intelligently (cycle macros). It's all on the website that I gave you already. I look the best I ever did, I'm in the best shape of my life, and I hardly feel any restriction on my diet.

Magic pills don't work, period.

Good luck.

09-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
If your benching 240 pounds with your build that's very impressive.
09-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Ethan X Offline
Deckhand

Day 02: 168.8lbs. Notes: Feeling much better this round. I used the proper weight for the rep scheme.
Day 03: 169.0lbs. Notes: Lifting day. Felt good. A lot of strip sets. I mixed up the order of the routine though because there were a line of people waiting to use the machine I was on.

Rick91: That was my max from last year. I've gotten a bit soft in the past few months though.
09-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Whats your end goal after 45days? The only people that can make a huge difference in this time frame are the ones that are already big and have muscle hidden behind the fat. So their main objective is cutting.

For u and I am the same. Its an ongoing process. The first few weeks will be tough, because no habit has been formed, its difficult and easy to giveup. At the end of your 45days you can either take it real serious, and do two workouts a day (morning and afternoon) or continue with your program.

At the end of the day it boils down to
Diet
Motivation
Work ethic
Sleep
Technique

I sometimes listen to Eric thomas the hiphop preacher. Download his mixtapes if you like that type of stuff its really good.

09-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
(09-03-2014, 08:10 PM)Rick91 Wrote: If your benching 240 pounds with your build that's very impressive.

Bench strength is pretty meaningless imo. I see guys with shitty builds putting up big numbers on the bench. It has to do with your arm length, mechanical advantage,etc..

I think the overhead press(or handstand pushup) is much better indicator of pressing power. Despite being built like a greek god, my BP max is the same as the OP. Yet I can do 15 HSPUs at a weight of 82kg. Go figure.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014, 02:02 PM by SpecialEd.)
09-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
What's your one rep max for shoulder press special ed? I got mine up to 180 pounds. Once I get my bench up to 225 I'm just going to work at adding reps onto it.
09-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
I haven't done OHP in a while. Last time, I put up 220 for two reps. Yea, my delts are pretty absurd.
09-04-2014, 11:40 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Ethan X Offline
Deckhand

Ed: I agree. Bench press is overrated. Overhead press actually used to be the common measure of strength back in the 1800s. Instead of asking what a guy could bench you'd ask what he could overhead press. 15 handstand pushups is a TON. I can only do about 4 up against a wall. I'm very good at pullups (30) and pushups (120+) though.

Day 03: 169.0lbs. Notes: Lifting day. Felt good. A lot of strip sets. I mixed up the order of the routine though because there were a line of people waiting to use the machine I was on.
Day 04: 170.4lbs. Notes: Rest day.
09-05-2014, 12:22 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Ethan X Offline
Deckhand

Day 04: 170.4lbs. Notes: Rest day.
Day 05: 170.2lbs. Notes: Date tonight and late night.
Day 06: 170.2lbs. Notes: Went on a date last night and the night before with a different girl. Here's what happened.

Date #1: I met a girl in the grocery store a couple days ago while I was shopping. I chatted with her as we both checked out then got her number. I hit her up a few days later and we agreed to get together. We met up and I brought her to a book store for a bit where we chatted. Played the Questions Game for a bit and I told her about a couple of my adventures. Going to the Emmys. Sneaking into the Playboy Mansion. Almost getting arrested by the Israeli bomb squad. Etc. I then brought her outside to a courtyard with a fountain and garden area where we kept chatting. I started making out with her then brought into a private fenced off area and had sex with her there.

Date #2: Same as date #1 except I didn't meet her at the grocery store and we didn't have sex behind the fence.
09-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Find Reply