• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get a Russian visa? (EU citizen)
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Congo Democratic Republic
How to get a Russian visa? (EU citizen)
Someone here talked about prove of not having HIV? Wtf is up with that? That's not on the visa website. How can I get a visa, what is required? I most likely can have someone inviting me, or does it only work with hotel confirmation and can you pay a travel agency for that? Thinking of buying me a ticket today to St-Petersburg, it's cheap and there's only 3 seats left.
10-31-2014, 11:28 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

RE: How to get a Russian visa? (EU citizen)
yea i looked into it but apparently they only check your blood if you require long term stay. Don is a student there on a visa so they checked him....my boy recently visited russia from the states and he said no blood work required
10-31-2014, 11:34 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

What about invitation letters? Do I need one?
10-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

prob not. usually for tourist visa u need hotel confirmation (which kind of counts like invitation)
10-31-2014, 11:57 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
  • The Realness
Don
Unregistered

(10-31-2014, 11:46 PM)nescio Wrote: What about invitation letters? Do I need one?

Everything depends on how long you're stay will be. That will ultimately determine the type of visa you need. If you're gaming, I recommend staying in a single place for a week or two at a minimum.

I used Travisa.com only because there was no Russian embassy in Buffalo and I didn't want to travel to New York, D.C., or Toronto for a day or two...

You said you are from Western Europe...without knowing which country you may have to prove you have health insurance unless you live in a specific EU country (I believe)

I just did a quick search and it appears that you will need:

1.) One recent 1 3/8 x 1 3/4 inch passport style photograph - head and shoulders, face forward, neutral expression, in color, and with a plain/white background.

2.) Two copies of official Tourist Voucher and Confirmation issued by a Russian hotel, travel agency or joint venture registered as a tourist company with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. A copy of the Voucher and Confirmation should be carried with your passport and Russian visa. It seems like you're able to obtain one of these forms through an agency, too.

3.)To support rush requests submitted in New York, a computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or travel agency or copy of airline tickets is required. All emergency requests must be submitted with an itinerary or copy of tickets. This says "New York" because it is a U.S. centric site, but after typing in Spanish citizen, it still appears you need proof.

4.) Proof of valid health insurance with full international coverage; copy of insurance card. If the the local Russian emergency contact number for insurance provider is not included on insurance card, it must be provided in a letter or brochure.

5.) You need to fill out the Russian visa application form https://visa.kdmid.ru/PetitionChoice.asp...eSupport=1

So it does not appear you need to have HIV test for a tourist visa...

It also doesn't specify that you need an invitation letter, but checking with other countries like Portugal it says that you need an invitation letter for the same visa...so use Travisa.com to determine what you need.

It actually looks like it won't cost you that much
11-01-2014, 02:29 AM
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Ok, Don, you wanna go party on NYE? I'll just pay a travel agency to arrange all this crap I think. I will be in Riga from 19/12 to 30/12 to visit the Latvian chick, then go to Saint-Petersburg until 3/1, fly to Kiev, party at night and then fly back home. Looks like I'm not saving for my trip to Africa :p
11-01-2014, 02:33 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

You're killing, man. Anyway you can postpone your trip to January/February or come in November? I am flying back home for Christmas & NYE in mid December and won't be back until February. I will be in Vienna mid-january and want to travel for two weeks before heading back to Saint Petersburg

Just let me know so I can make time. I felt bad when one of the guys on here came to SPB and I was busy with shit and couldn't get free and subsequently left him to go at it by himself...Though it seemed like he had a good time.

I updated the last post to include the Visa form which you have to send into the travel agency. If you're in a city with an embassy, just go there. You will save some $$$ by not having to use their service and pay for shipping
11-01-2014, 02:37 AM
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Ah, too bad, no, I have to work. Vienna looks amazing, but I heard it's super expensive. You might wanna combine it with Budapest as it's nearby. There are frequent buses and trains. Girls aren't too hot, but they make it clear if they're interested, really nice spas and the city is beautiful. Don't you have a hot Russian girl you can spare?
OMG, I am looking at some pictures of St-Petersburg and the place looks amazing, even the metro, so happy I bought the ticket!
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2014, 04:38 AM by nescio.)
11-01-2014, 04:22 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
  • nescio
Don
Unregistered

You're going to love it. I suggest pipelining now on VK and badoo. Also, a little trick I learned was to download a fake gps through the google playstore and set the location to the city you want to go to, ie Saint Petersbug, and begin using Tinder.
11-02-2014, 01:24 AM