• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does your workout look like?
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
RE: What does your workout look like?
Creatine will amp You up. You'll love it but wait at least 30min before working out after you take it. You'll recover more and be stronger-hard to go wrong with it.
12-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes threesacharm's post:
  • TideRide
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

(12-09-2014, 11:22 AM)Don Wrote: What supplements (if any) do you take? When I go back home, I am going to take creatine for a month and see if I notice any difference. I don't know how factual this info is, but I hear that some people don't respond to creatine at all which sucks.

There are also different kinds of creatine, you might respond to one and not another.

Most supplements are crap... Although for me when I start taking and extra protien shake whey and casein I normally put on some more size of I am stalled out.

Vitamin D zinc and magnesium are great add some boron and your dick will never go soft... I like vitamins and minerals more then supplements.

12-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Protein shakes and supps are only good if you are doing everything else right. Just remember that they are not a magic pill and many people have gotten ripped without either of them. Nothing beats real vegies and real meat.
12-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 2 users Like nnomad123's post:
  • Max, nescio
nnomad123 Offline
Deckhand

Canada
Everybody tackles workout plans differently and many think they are experts as well haha. With experience using different workout structures and diet/nutrition I am happy to share my knowledge if you would like.
I have done several split routine mixes over the years, similar to the ones that other members have replied with.
They have their advantages for focused gaining and various strength training routines, however, I have spoken with many athletes, bodybuilders, and in my own experience.. it is more beneficial to avoid routines that are narrowly focused on individual muscle groups (like many split routines do). Unless you are a legitimately training as a bodybuilder, split routines will not serve you the best.
If you can implement several muscle groups into each workout, focusing around compound lifting, explosive movements, and functional lifting, you will achieve huge results. A good source to read up on is Tyler English - he is a certified trainer and has published various pieces on this kind of stuff (focusing on multi-dimensional workouts).

Please for the sake of god, and yourself, do not overlook your legs and core. They will be your foundation, and relied upon for many lifts.
- hitting legs has other huge benefits like tapping into higher testosterone levels, muscle tears, ATP release, muscle recovery, the list goes on. I generally try to get legs in 2 to 3 times a week in moderate lifts (not hitting legs only for the entire workout).

Stick to basics - work your way from major to minor/secondary muscle groups.

cardio is always nice once in a while, it will help keep fat levels minimal, help with heart rate, endurance during lifting sessions, stabilizing muscles, etc. - do not be afraid, unless you are hitting cardio everyday or training for cross country you will not kill your gains with cardio.

Can go on all day based on the question or point of discussion,
Anyways...

Sample lift: Warm up / stretch / foam roll Big Grin (great to wake muscles up) if you are serious about your training and don't want to injure yourself (trust me you will) - warm up!

Trap Bar deadlift - 5 sets of 5
Dumbbell overhead press (neutral grip) - 3 sets of 6 to 8 reps
Barbell goodmorning - 4 sets of 8 to 10 reps ......
SUPERSET with chin-ups - 4 sets of near failure (don't kill yourself)
EZ Bar curl - 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps
Band resisted (or without if you are beginner) pushups - 3 sets til failure
cool down with stretch (treadmill/skip/stretch/etc)
*what you have with this workout is activation of multiple muscle groups, functional training with compound lifting, sets and reps structure for strength training, etc. By hitting different muscle groups with adequate exercises you are not putting one muscle group out of commission for the rest of the week.

Depending on your level this may be too much, but the structure is a good point of reference.
Best thing you can do is read up on reputable articles, watch videos by legitimate trainers on youtube, talk to people like you are here (just keep in mind not all advice is good advice - always consider what you are being told)
Everybodys needs and goals are different, but there are fundamentals to stick by.

PROPER FORM, if you cant do the proper lift - drop the weight. NO SHAME
LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE GYM DOORS. COME TO TRAIN HARD
DIET RIGHT - you can train all you want but will not get anywhere without fueling your body right. diet counts just as much or more in my opinion.
Interested to hear more opinions and what people have to say. I am always happy to talk more about other aspects, etc. I love this shit Wink

12-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Congo Democratic Republic
Great post !
12-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
I highly reccomended Rosstraining.com
His ideas got me into top condition several years back. Burpees are your friend but they give tough love.
12-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
CallMeJudas Offline
Stowaway

Haven't trained for 6 months after tearing my shoulder up at work but my work out that I was doing before that was

Monday- German vol. Bench press 10x10 with 3 sets of reverse cable chest flys

Tuesday- German vol. Back squat 10x10 with 3 sets of calf raises

Wednesday- German vol. Pull ups 10x10 with 3 sets of lat pull down

Thursday- sprints 10x50m

Friday- German vol. Deadlifts 10x10 with burnout sets of foot raised crunches

Saturday- clean and press 5x5 followed by either exercise bike or sprints if I had the energy

3 rules I kept

1. Never jog (it's just Shit for your body)

2.raise weight every week by at least 5~10 % (eventually you will plateu)

3. No supplements

Before my injury I had a 140kg Bench, 180kg deadlift, 170kg squat, 100kg clean, 90kg press all with an Olympic barbell

Always push every workout and you will gain or cut no matter what
12-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

I agree with a lot of what you said... But a couple of points... EZ bar curls in my option aren't the best... Don't allow for supination which is also a function of the bicep. They have a place like if your wrist is hurt also for tricep extensions...

Good mornings never did crap for me...but that could be personnel...trap bar deadlifts have also always worked more like a partial deadlift.. I have a bad low back and honestly careful squats and deadlifts with an Olympic bar keep it working...

I agree with the not over doing it... I used to really go with Mike mentzers ideas on training to mmf (momentary muscular failure) but more and more research I have read points to this lower progress by harming the central nervous systems ability to recover.

Sounds funny but tide-ride is might be right... Posting a pic might be a good qualifier for handing out advice here on workouts...lol

I love talking exercise as well... At 40 I love being fit and having a body 20 years younger... But it is all nutrition...

Great points on legs core and warmng up although even warmed up you push hard and injuries will still happen...

(12-10-2014, 02:34 PM)muchy92 Wrote: Everybody tackles workout plans differently and many think they are experts as well haha. With experience using different workout structures and diet/nutrition I am happy to share my knowledge if you would like.
I have done several split routine mixes over the years, similar to the ones that other members have replied with.
They have their advantages for focused gaining and various strength training routines, however, I have spoken with many athletes, bodybuilders, and in my own experience.. it is more beneficial to avoid routines that are narrowly focused on individual muscle groups (like many split routines do). Unless you are a legitimately training as a bodybuilder, split routines will not serve you the best.
If you can implement several muscle groups into each workout, focusing around compound lifting, explosive movements, and functional lifting, you will achieve huge results. A good source to read up on is Tyler English - he is a certified trainer and has published various pieces on this kind of stuff (focusing on multi-dimensional workouts).

Please for the sake of god, and yourself, do not overlook your legs and core. They will be your foundation, and relied upon for many lifts.
- hitting legs has other huge benefits like tapping into higher testosterone levels, muscle tears, ATP release, muscle recovery, the list goes on. I generally try to get legs in 2 to 3 times a week in moderate lifts (not hitting legs only for the entire workout).

Stick to basics - work your way from major to minor/secondary muscle groups.

cardio is always nice once in a while, it will help keep fat levels minimal, help with heart rate, endurance during lifting sessions, stabilizing muscles, etc. - do not be afraid, unless you are hitting cardio everyday or training for cross country you will not kill your gains with cardio.

Can go on all day based on the question or point of discussion,
Anyways...

Sample lift: Warm up / stretch / foam roll Big Grin (great to wake muscles up) if you are serious about your training and don't want to injure yourself (trust me you will) - warm up!

Trap Bar deadlift - 5 sets of 5
Dumbbell overhead press (neutral grip) - 3 sets of 6 to 8 reps
Barbell goodmorning - 4 sets of 8 to 10 reps ......
SUPERSET with chin-ups - 4 sets of near failure (don't kill yourself)
EZ Bar curl - 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps
Band resisted (or without if you are beginner) pushups - 3 sets til failure
cool down with stretch (treadmill/skip/stretch/etc)
*what you have with this workout is activation of multiple muscle groups, functional training with compound lifting, sets and reps structure for strength training, etc. By hitting different muscle groups with adequate exercises you are not putting one muscle group out of commission for the rest of the week.

Depending on your level this may be too much, but the structure is a good point of reference.
Best thing you can do is read up on reputable articles, watch videos by legitimate trainers on youtube, talk to people like you are here (just keep in mind not all advice is good advice - always consider what you are being told)
Everybodys needs and goals are different, but there are fundamentals to stick by.

PROPER FORM, if you cant do the proper lift - drop the weight. NO SHAME
LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE GYM DOORS. COME TO TRAIN HARD
DIET RIGHT - you can train all you want but will not get anywhere without fueling your body right. diet counts just as much or more in my opinion.
Interested to hear more opinions and what people have to say. I am always happy to talk more about other aspects, etc. I love this shit Wink

12-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes nnomad123's post:
  • decentfilipina
nnomad123 Offline
Deckhand

Canada
Posting pics would turn this forum into bodybuilding.com real quick haha - not to mention a visual representation doesn't truly reflect your knowledge base or experience, or at least it shouldn't
12-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
decentfilipina Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
(12-15-2014, 06:18 PM)muchy92 Wrote: Posting pics would turn this forum into bodybuilding.com real quick haha - not to mention a visual representation doesn't truly reflect your knowledge base or experience, or at least it shouldn't

I like the idea. Lol Big Grin Rolleyes Dodgy
Now I act like a gay hahaha
12-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

I just had my body fat calculated for the first time. I was pretty nervous, but it came out to 8.1% at 5'6 147 pounds/67kg. The guy said it was good, but he was also a pretty large, envious looking man.
12-27-2014, 04:09 PM
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Don @8% you should easily have 6 pack abs.

I hope you're hitting the squat rack man-it raises t so much.

If you cold be @6% that would be super elite like mma fighters sprinters and top strength athletes. I'm happy for you man-good work. Look up hiit training and compound lift routines (starting strength etc) between those two and plenty of fish and chicken you should be well in the elite range.
12-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nnomad123 Offline
Deckhand

Canada
8 percent is not bad at all my friend. keep at it
01-08-2015, 05:57 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

Today I started a 20 day long 300 push/day challenge. I wasn't exactly sure how I should tackle it seeing as I didn't do much research. I just saw a bunch of before and afters on YouTube and the results were quite impressive. I am not sure if I should be doing it in concurrence with my other routine I do at the gym, but that is what I did today.

As it is now, I usually max out somewhere between 35-40 pushups at once. I simply did 25 pushups at a time with 1-2 minute break between each. On a side note there was this chick in the fitness room with practically a see through top. God I love Russia...

My body feels amazing. I did 90 pushups last week just to see if I was even capable and I woke up with the beautiful sore feeling you get in the morning. For whatever reason, my chest doesn't seem to react to any workout I do, so I was surprised to feel soreness there. However, I did 100 the next day and didn't feel anything. So I will be interested to feel what the morning will have in store for me tomorrow.
03-24-2015, 03:01 AM