Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
What are you looking to achieve in the new year?

For me its start earning online for location independence
Save 10-15k
Go and live in south america

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2014, 09:07 PM by Shanked.)
12-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Congo Democratic Republic
RE: 2015
See this thread already: http://naughtynomadforum.com/forum/showt...hp?tid=239
12-22-2014, 09:32 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Forums dead so thought id create the thread again
12-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Rick91's post:
  • Max, Shanked
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Cambodia 3 months from jan.
Complete copywriting course and give it my all for those 3 months.
Evaluate if it's a feasible worthwhile thing for me to get into.
Come back and see family and friends for summer and saving.
Back to SEA from October till Christmas.

If I fail to make anything worthwhile online copywriting then I see a working holiday in New Zealand on the horizon.

Getting decent arms is a priority this year. I'm not neglecting anything but they're going to get hit hardest.
12-23-2014, 04:42 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
You should start looking into it now. Download the book Scientific Advertising -Claude hopkins on kindle. I haven't been focusing on copywriting lately but I've read 3 books on copywriting so far and this one is probably the best to start with, its recommended on WF as well. Takes notes as you read. Another copywriting book gave me the idea to create a worksheet for your daily activities which has pushed me to really make the most out of every day.

If I was you I would find a couple girls early to get laid regularly and keep them around otherwise you will find it difficult to focus on whats important if you are always hunting and drinking.
12-23-2014, 09:50 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Iv read a few books on it and tried taking notes my problem with most of the books so far is its not specific enough in regards to working online plus I can't see me getting anything other than cheap gigs on elance and even then what Iv read they are few and far between. Even if you were lucky enough to land a decent enough client and have a chance to prove yourself I'd feel like a fraud. Like alls I did was read a couple of books and take notes I didn't produce work and have no idea if what Iv done is upto industry standard.

I will look into that book you mentioned but the course is almost definitely happening. Iv researched a lot of online courses and the companies that run them this course is the best I have in terms of what's being taught and the companies actual reputatution in terms of feedback and tutoring.
http://ctjt.biz/course/t/distance-learni...a/subjects

At least by the end of that course I should know what I'm doing, have my own website, have at least 1 referral as well as portfolio examples on the website. Most books I read just tell me this is what I need they don't tell me how I go about it. Perhaps I'm retarded but I want taught everything I should know from scratch and to know I can actually do the job.

The tutors are known for being honest to the point of being harsh from that course. If you look at the curriculum you'll see it's quite intensive. Iv tried the buying books, browsing blogs and looking up info for free. Quite frankly I found it mind boggling with a common theme of them assuming Im familiar with things I have no experience with.

Truth is being fiancially independent would be amazing and I'm serious about giving it a real shot. I'm sick of messing about. I do it properly or I'm not going to do it at all. If I spend £300 on a course then I'm going to fucking finish that course and bust my ass trying to make something out of it for 3 months.

As for girls agreed. After reaching past a 100 notches I'm kind of calmer in that regard. I will try to complete the course as quickly as possible once done I will Get into a routine of marketing/job hunting, researching current and new things relevent to the industry and actually completing jobs. If the jobs there to do I will do it.

Gym will also be a priority I'm also thinking of bringing my PS3 this time. I can't quite decide.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2014, 11:12 AM by Rick91.)
12-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Rick
Do pretty white girls in Europe ever intimidate you?

What races were all your notches (ie 75 Asians15 blacks 20 Hispanics 8 whites 2 Arabs etc)?
12-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
-Get online income up to $5,000 a month

-Learn Thai

-Build my social circle here in CM

-Bulk up to a lean 210lbs

-Thinking about getting some tats, haven't decided
12-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Rick dont bring your ps3..

SpecialEd Its really impressive how fast you got work in copywriting. Building yourself a website could probably take you to the next level.
12-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpecialEd's post:
  • Shanked
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Yea, the website is my first priority. My plan is to cold call/email brick-and-mortar businesses back in the U.S. Those guys have massive advertising budgets. They wouldn't think twice about writing you a check for $10K. And they're always in need of copywriters.

You can make a living off elance, the WF, etc...But the clients are awful. There are so many wannabe internet marketers out there..
Most of them are semi-broke.
12-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Awesome idea, i might try the cold calling once my website skills are of higher standard. Can make basic websites now but really want to be strong in css then learn javascript and php. Theres definitely an art in coldcalling will have to research that. Just a note of caution if you hire an indian freelancer to build your website theres a chance they might not be writing the best code/efficient code and it takes them a while to fix bugs thus more work on your behalf talking to them. This is just based off my one experience but generally they are damn good for a $8-$10hr wage.
12-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
I just phoned up that course I will enroll early jan before I head off. Iv fairly confident it's a worthwhile thing to do. He says if I'm working 5-6 hours a day at it I will complete it with 2 weeks.

16 units with an exercise demonstrating what you've learned. Each unit and exercise is around 3 hours work depending on your work rate.

I like the fact it's been designed more or less specifically around freelancing online and each unit builds upon what you've learned. I don't think reading the well fed writer and taking notes cuts it.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2014, 01:00 AM by Rick91.)
12-24-2014, 12:59 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 007 Game's post:
  • Shanked
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
Rick,

1) Girls in NZ are so ugly, I don't think I've see one above a 6. The only good looking girls are backpackers from somewhere else. NZ is a village, everything closes early, nothing to do at night... It's beautiful but I would NEVER consider living there.

2) Copywriting is a skill that will let you do copywriting yourself but how would you later turn this into a business that you only run while others work FOR you? Your goal is to start a business that you MANAGE, not to work yourself for the rest of your life. You could start a copywiritng business but you don't need to know copywriting yourself.

I would learn everything around internet marketing, 3 months of full immersion and then decide how to continue from there. How to do A/B testing, email marketing, copywriting etc, but with the intent to start offer a service or sell something online.
12-24-2014, 03:40 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
All you can do is try huh, even if it doesn't work out at least you're getting out of the uk for a bit.
12-24-2014, 03:41 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Alibomaye Offline
Gunner

If you were looking to sell goods online what are some places to go to source goods and get ideas for marketable items?
12-24-2014, 04:40 AM
Find Reply