Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good tv shows especially on netflix?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpecialEd's post:
  • decentfilipina
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
RE: Good tv shows especially on netflix?
Some would question the wisdom of wasting away one's youth in a classroom to get a job with horrendous hours and merely above-average pay.

But maybe SB was drawn to the profession. Like all doctors, he's a kind fellow, compassionate, possessed by a strong desire to help humanity---unmotivated by material gain.

Nah, that doesn't sound like SB at all!Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015, 04:05 AM by SpecialEd.)
01-17-2015, 04:02 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Congo Democratic Republic
I don't earn a lot of money at all, either. However, I got some offer for a leading position in Congo with a very high salary. I would get a car, driver, appartment, etc, ofcourse. I just started the process of finding extra funds. No idea if it's gonna work out, but it would be sweet.
01-17-2015, 04:21 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

I'm not telling anyone to spend their 20s in a classroom. But I do think young people need to appreciate that it's in your 20s is when your brain is most capable of learning. It's never gonna be the same after. And it's also in your 20s when you have the most energy and you should be working hard at whatever it is you want to achieve in life. It all comes down to attitude.

An integral part of having the right attitude is to accept and welcome mentors. While we tend to like to think we're autodidactic, most of us aren't. Knowledge we can more or less absorb from books, but skills? Not so much. We learn from others, through observing, being instructed and repeating under supervision. So please, if someone shows enough interest in you to teach you something, have the wit to shut up and listen, even better, make them feel appreciated. You don't have to be the smartest, most ambitious or first to arrive last to leave dude on the block. I can all but guarantee you won't ever be that guy. You don't want to be him anyway. But if you can accept help, recognise and utilise good guidance you're on the right path.

On the other hand, if you show up with that attitude of "no one can tell me nothing", people in a position and also willing to help you will just get turned off and you'll never reach your full potential. 100% of the most succesful people have someone somewhere in their past who took them under their wings showing them the ropes.
01-17-2015, 08:02 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

His specialty in the US makes almost 500k a year that's considerable above average... I make 120k or so which is over double average... In my area most professional jobs do 40 to 55k

(01-17-2015, 04:02 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: Some would question the wisdom of wasting away one's youth in a classroom to get a job with horrendous hours and merely above-average pay.

But maybe SB was drawn to the profession. Like all doctors, he's a kind fellow, compassionate, possessed by a strong desire to help humanity---unmotivated by material gain.

Nah, that doesn't sound like SB at all!Big Grin

Good luck!

(01-17-2015, 04:21 AM)nescio Wrote: I don't earn a lot of money at all, either. However, I got some offer for a leading position in Congo with a very high salary. I would get a car, driver, appartment, etc, ofcourse. I just started the process of finding extra funds. No idea if it's gonna work out, but it would be sweet.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015, 09:05 AM by threesacharm.)
01-17-2015, 09:04 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
decentfilipina Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
Yay. I am very sure I'm the lowest income earner here in NN. Lol

SexiBack, I agree about learning from others. I used to read books that shares about real experience from rags to riches. I've got few mentors tho but not full time. I'd thought of sending request letters to some popular business tycoon to ask them if they could mentor me. Hahaha lol that's how desperate I am lol

Anyway, Knowing myself. I'm more into business. I graduated accountancy and took masters in business ad. All with latin honors. I've got my cpa license and working now for my international license to Australia. I maybe earning higher than my fellow mates at the same level. I got bored in accounting as I'm locked up in a room with computers and few mates. So I switched as being an auditor which is good as I can talk with different people. But i'm still not satisfied. this all proves that having a good education can get you land a good job but may not really fulfill what you need.

I enjoy doing business. I started when I was 5 years old, I asked mom to make some banana cue in sticks and I'm was selling them in the streets asking my neighbors to buy. Lol then I was making flavored ice candy myself and sells it too. When I reached high school, I was selling load, smart load and autoload. Then I'm in charge for our mini grocery store lol then when I went to college I did sell perfumes, make ups, clothing, etc.. When I started working, I've built my personalized printing shop, sells scented candles, and any other random stuffs. Lol. Now I can't focus much on this due to other works. But I really enjoy doing business. But all still not paying off!! Haha so unlucky maybe because of my spending habit lol my parents raised me to just go spend money to some luxury stuff lol so I really didn't learn how to save. I realized all this now.

Now I am working on 4 jobs, weekdays full office girl, weeknights as professor, a virtual assistant at any point in time and tutors on weekends. All this is paying and supporting my travel.

Now I know myself better. I wanted to be location independent and have my own business that no one would tell me what to do all the time, except for mentors of course. Hopefully, my blogs would be successful one day. I started my first one last 2012. Just rants on everything. Then my official travel blog just last year. Now I ventured with paid hosting. I hope it would all work out.

My objective now is to quit working for money and let the money work for it. Hopefully it would all work out as I planned
01-17-2015, 10:34 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Has anyone watched Vikings, Black Sails or Da Vinci's Demons? They have massively positive reviews and all sound pretty decent to me.
I pretty sure Da Vinci was a homo I wonder how they fit in so much tits.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2015, 01:41 AM by Rick91.)
05-19-2015, 01:40 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Yeah, watched all of vikings. First two seasons were better than the last. It's becoming increasingly tacky and dramatic...as such shows always do. They get too big and predictable.
05-19-2015, 02:10 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
I think I will get all 3 for my birthday they don't appear to be in netflix.
05-19-2015, 03:42 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Sons of Anarchys season finales were as good as a quality action movie like the Transporter, Heat, or Miami Vice. They have an episode called "Call of Duty" that's great. It also never gets old hearing Harley's run.
05-19-2015, 08:54 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Mr. Robot - Only one episode out right now but this show has the potential to be as good as Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

I've always thought hacking was cool and it seems like a tv/movie has finally done the genre right. Unlike the movie Blackhat which was one of the worst movies I have seen this year.
06-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
scandibro Offline
Boatswain

Afghanistan
(01-17-2015, 08:02 AM)SexiBack Wrote: I'm not telling anyone to spend their 20s in a classroom. But I do think young people need to appreciate that [undefined=undefined]it's in your 20s is when your brain is most capable of learning[/undefined]. It's never gonna be the same after. And it's also in your 20s when you have the most energy and you should be working hard at whatever it is you want to achieve in life. It all comes down to attitude.

By learning, you mean being 'taught' right? Personally, I went back to school a couple of times after 25 and had zero patience for sitting in lectures and class. The whole thing is suboptimal and only done so because of budgetary constraints and ideological reasons. I'm not a class learning kind of person, I learned on the job and by myself much better than at Uni lectures.

I have a MUCH easier time understanding new stuff now after my late twenties, can't even be compared, I operate at a far higher intellectual capacity. All the bits and pieces of knowledge suddenly mesh together and you're able to see the big picture. I'm interested to know if older members here have similar experience, that they became a hell of a lot 'smarter' in their late twenties/thirties.

I think part of the reason that mid twenties professionals/doctors are always so unbeareably smug and arrogant is because their brains are simply not mature enough to properly understand - not just recall from memory - what they know.

By all means, if you want to be a doctor or lawyer or similar which requires absolute certifications, then get it done asap. I still think it would be better for society as a whole to have people begin studying in their late twenties instead, because people know who they are then. That is not practical for reasons mostly that the gov wants more tax earning years to exploit.
06-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
pygmalion2 Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
If you're also gonna include movies, I recently saw Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenhall, and American Sniper.

Both were pretty good, entertaining flicks. If you can tolerate some minor "Murrica, fuck yeah!" moments in American Sniper, it'll be a good movie for you. The war scenes/sniper scenes were pretty good in particular. Nightcrawler was a bit of a mindfuck. Reminded me of the movie Drive.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2015, 08:01 PM by pygmalion2.)
06-18-2015, 07:57 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

NO movies!

Mr Robot was very cool, can't wait for the second episode.

Black sails is pretty stupid, very boring story line and poorly acted.
Marco Polo looked very unauthentic
06-19-2015, 12:32 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Global Offline
Lieutenant

If you have an obsession with vampires like I do you might like The Originals
06-19-2015, 12:41 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Seriously? I thought the vampire diaries is pretty gay
06-19-2015, 05:15 AM
Find Reply