Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online dating messaging/chatting
[-]
  •
davyd9 Offline
Banned

RE: Online dating messaging/chatting
I used different mobile apps like Tinder and Hot or Not and they are both great. But I prefer traditional dating sites for that purpose. The best one for me is RBrides. My best friend met a cool girl there and they are getting married soon ^^
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015, 08:48 PM by davyd9.)
02-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
geekindex Offline
Lieutenant

Germany
Too bad that this thread got stuck in spamming dubious dating sites...

To get quality replies there are some simple rules:

1. - Have a complete profile
Girls will check for things like that. I know some who would not even bother to reply with any question, but plainly ignore.

2. - Have an awesome profile picture
It is the looks, stupid. Even on the net. Even on dating sites. Pics should show you, but a hot and desirable you. If you
write, you have a second of interest for the visual check. You fail there, don't expect any answer.

3. - Forget that "OMG you are looking drop-dead-gorgeous" stuff
Actually you should read a bit into the girls profiles, take something slightly interesting from the end of the page (because
most guys don't read to that point), make a positive comment about that, drop a line about yourself using the "blank
space" technique (= telling a fact that leaves a vital point out raising a question...) and end with a question about her,
that shows empathy and interest. If you need to comment on pictures, try to comment on something that is not obvious,
because her inbox will be full of crap from beta-guys and worse...

4. - Try to always be honest - just leave certain things out if necessary
If you start to live different personalities, things will get confusing and stressful quite soon, unless you have an alter ego
that you know by heart...

5. - Be patient. Full inbox. The classy ones don't reply fast.

Actually, if going for a "cheap" girl the efficiency oriented templates might work as well...
Somehow I am attracted to the more intelligent girls with class... and it actually is nice to see when that work you put into writing pays off...
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2016, 01:36 AM by geekindex.)
03-17-2016, 01:33 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomadphilippines's post:
  • TideRide
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
lol funny thread

in the philippines you dont need to have long chats with girls before you ask for their number

opening message: hey you are very pretty!!! is it ok if we chat?

second message: thanks! you are such a nice person! I don't use this site often whats your number to texting? or do you have fb? id love to look at all your pretty selfies! Smile

if she won't give you one of those two then she probably doesn't have much interest and you can move on, if she is really hot then you can keep trying, but otherwise plenty of fish in the sea

it is important that you screen out ladyboys and hookers but dont do it on the first message, text with them for a bit and then when u start to make plans to actually meet up ASK them... but don't say it in a 'you better not be a......' type of way

with filipinas it is all about being kind and playful

just say that you need to ask her a rude question and you hope it doesnt offend her, but is she a ladyboy or does she meet guys for money

avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com
friends blog: http://nomadphilippines.com/

03-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Website Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes geekindex's post:
  • TideRide
geekindex Offline
Lieutenant

Germany
With every girl it is about being kind and playful. But if you focus on a Europen site, you'll approach a lot of girls with tons of messages in their inbox. So you gotta stick out of the mass first... at least if you approach the ones who are really looking hot.
03-17-2016, 07:55 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomadphilippines's post:
  • TideRide
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
lol i hadnt read your reply because of what the thread had deteriorated to.... some great tips, i am so used to phils that i dont need to try any of that stuff, just put a crappy picture that proves im white but nothing more and say hi is all it takes

other places you will need more then that
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com
friends blog: http://nomadphilippines.com/

03-17-2016, 08:27 PM
Website Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes geekindex's post:
  • TideRide
geekindex Offline
Lieutenant

Germany
"Hi XXX. I'm XXX and I have to say that this is the most honest, straight forward, smart and interesting message I received so far on XXXX where I get a few thousands messages a day. ... "

Two women replying out of five approached on a dating site isn't that bad for the European Union. Especially if your looks are VERY average (or almost below...) like mine. Especially if you are honestly stating that you are married in your profile and you don't hide "the little extra" you are carrying around... anyway.

Just wanted to show, that the template suggested does actually work if you want to stick out from the mass. If you add better looks than I can provide and you have the more promising single-status attached to your profile, the chances for success will be even higher.

Regarding the women replying: Both with university degree (MA, not BA), one is a fashion designer with her own small label. Both with nice faces, straight sevens. Can't wait to board the plane in three weeks... ;-)

04-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Jesssmart Offline
Deckhand

I know this is very old thread, but I think it would be interesting to compare how online dating chanched since then.

How has dating changed through time for the better/worse?

I think it's better now for women in the sense that the massive spotlight on sexual assault means that (or so I would think) it should now be safer, either from men learning what's okay and what's uncomfortable or at the very least men being scared of the repurcussions.
07-24-2020, 06:47 PM
Find Reply