Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you religious? What are your thoughts on aliens?
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Are you religious? What are your thoughts on aliens?
What are your views regarding these 2 topics? I believe their answers tell us a lot about the individuals. Please share your views.

01-13-2015, 06:37 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
RE: Are you religious? What are your thoughts on aliens?
I'm not religious. I have a moral code of sorts, that generally being a "good person" whatever that means nowadays, is something to strive for. But I also think that morals are totally subjective, so rather than follow any book or teaching I tend to just go with my gut.

As for aliens 100% there are trillions of planets in the universe and there must be at least one other that has life on it... Flying saucer men abducting cows is a bit ott though.
01-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Yeah my thoughts near enough exactly.

Anyone who thinks the idea of there being life on another planet is as ridiculous as a muslim.

There's a lot of people who don't even know that the stars are Suns.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2015, 06:48 AM by Rick91.)
01-13-2015, 06:48 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Congo Democratic Republic
I believe in science, there's also a lot of shit out there that we haven't figured out. I try to be good to others and honest to others and myself and be true to myself. Life itself is my teacher, not some stupid guide book or fairy tale. Religion is opium for the masses, one of the few things we at least could learn from Marx;

There must be a lot of different life forms out there, why not. Kinda egocentric to think we're the only ones.
01-13-2015, 06:50 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
In terms of UFO's I get where your coming from however if a species were capable of observing us it would likely take a massive fuckup on their part to actually get caught doing so.

It would be entertaining to see what they thought of us.
01-13-2015, 06:51 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
bitchslayer Offline
Boatswain

I believe in Aliens. I think many are on this site!
01-13-2015, 06:53 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
There will be a tonne of different forms of life out therE. There will be life forms far ahead of us and far behind.

I believe if they were ahead they would be civil. It's completely mental to think just how huge the universe is. Have you ever heard Hawkings views on time and dimensions. You have to be on shrooms to follow it.

Is there like a version for dummies out there?
01-13-2015, 06:54 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
decentfilipina Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
I'm a Catholic. Not religious but I believe in God. I don't follow tho all these God's commandments just having my own moral standards too.

Yes I believe in other species around the galaxy. This really fascinates me eversince I was a kiddo. I'd love to be an austronaut! Haha. Anyway, it would be nice to see alien species. But they're probably more ahead of us. Rumors on how pyramids in Egypt has been perfectly build many many years ago, they said it was the alien who built it. I wonder how do they look like. Science is awesome. You can do lots of unimaginable things with Science. Anyway, it would be nice to know there are other planets that people can live. Maybe we can transfer all the ISIS rebels and extremists there so they could create their own rule freely lol
01-13-2015, 07:39 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
bitchslayer Offline
Boatswain

yeah they like desert so much we will send them to Tatooine.
01-13-2015, 07:53 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
decentfilipina Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
^^hahaha they should thank us. We are doing them a favor lol
01-13-2015, 08:54 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

I am religious and see no problem with aliens. Don't think about it to much though the aliens that is...
01-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
MrBlueLight Offline
Boatswain

I am not religious, and I will hold that stance till the day God descents from heaven and tells me that he's real. When that happens, I will first check for optical illusion devices, then attempt to get a skin swap from God and put it under the microscope to see what He's made out of. I meant, if He created us, then who created Him?

And for aliens, I believe there are numerous. They just don't have the technology to reach us, just as we don't have the technology to reach them.
01-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash3 Offline
Lieutenant

I am religious. Can't wrap my head around something from nothing. In addition to there being such a massive gap between humans and animals intellectually. As well as their being only one species of human on the earth. I do not buy the survival of the fittest due to that not holding true for all other species. I am not very abreast with science though so... Who knows.

And for the record I do not believe in aliens.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 12:44 AM by Dash3.)
01-14-2015, 12:27 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
I dunno. I find religious fanatics and atheists equally obnoxious.

I want to believe in aliens, because that'd be legit.

I don't want to believe in God, because if he's real, he's a bit of a wanker. Either I'm condemned to an eternity in a hell, or an eternity taking orders from Him. That's called, "having your shit and eating it too!".

As for moral codes...meh. I'm loyal to my friends/family. I would never hurt a woman or child. Other than that...the world is grey in my book.

Frankly, if you want to get ahead in this life you can't be a monk. I have some ideas that if put in play would be extremely lucrative---but the morality/legality is questionable. Very tempted to go through with them.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 01:16 AM by SpecialEd.)
01-14-2015, 12:51 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
For a british person its such a surreal thing to meet someone who doesn't believe in evolution and properly believes in scripture. Iv met a couple of Americans like this on my euro trips.

They were kind decent people and I'm no way putting them in the same book as muslims. But the ignorance and arrogance of believing we will burn in hell for not accepting christ as our saviour.

These people are all kindness and goodness on first appearance but just ask their views on this stuff. Eye opening to see people educated in the first world hold such twisted views.

It also tends to be almost solely Americans who are like this. Iv never met 1 Australian, Brit, Canadian or kiwi who was this backwards.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 01:50 AM by Rick91.)
01-14-2015, 01:47 AM
Find Reply