Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workout goals met:)
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

Workout goals met:)
So trading some pics with the girlfriend... I got a comment that just made my day....

She told me .... Stop working out you are big enough, I don't want your muscles any bigger, they are perfect now...

For anyone that lifts and is passionate about it... You know that there is never big enough...lol but according to multiple mmm (maximum muscle mass) calculators I am approaching the limits of my genetic potential...

She might be premed ... But she doesn't get that once here... You can't just stop and it stays... honestly though might be time to just maintain....
01-21-2015, 01:40 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
decentfilipina Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
RE: Workout goals met:)
Isn't it if you stop working out, there are possibilities that it would go back? Yeah just maintain. Smile Maybe you are big enough which is already perfect for your girlfriend to feel it when you hug her. Anything that is too big is already scary I guess haha
01-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
If your muscle is dense enough you can keep your shape and strength for a long time without working out. Some people have muscles like balloons, they are huge but very weak.

I've never been insanely passionate about physique. I do like it but I would prefer strength over physique any day.

threesacharm how large is your chest in inches if you tape measure around?
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 05:11 PM by Shanked.)
01-21-2015, 05:08 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes threesacharm's post:
  • Shanked
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

I thought 45 but just taped at 46.5 and waist is now 31... I have really little bones..

I lose muscle fast so for me I have to hit it all the time... I am strong though bench 315 and seated military my body weight

I keep waiting to get weaker... So far hasn't happened... Turning 41 and still gain easy... But I do get injured easy now as well ... Body is definately not as forgiving.

(01-21-2015, 05:08 PM)Shanked Wrote: If your muscle is dense enough you can keep your shape and strength for a long time without working out. Some people have muscles like balloons, they are huge but very weak.

I've never been insanely passionate about physique. I do like it but I would prefer strength over physique any day.

threesacharm how large is your chest in inches if you tape measure around?

01-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
I would have guessed around the 45 range from your posts in the past. You lose muscle fast? What do you think of calisthenics? While I haven't intensively researched it most people agree that calisthentics you build denser muscle thus it takes longer to lose muscle slower when you are not working out. This makes sense to me because bodyweight exercises don't seem to blowup your muscles as much as weights do, at least for me that is.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 11:18 PM by Shanked.)
01-21-2015, 11:17 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

Holy shit, this would literally fucking make my day. What does your diet consist of? This is what I have been struggling with the most. I was 79kg before working out (5'6, athletic build) and was down to 67kg recently after a year of working out. I've noticed quite a bit of difference in my body tone, but I can't seem to gain the mass back. I want to gain more muscle mass via protein but I am simply losing weight. I've lost 3kg since I began my Eurotrip which sucks terribly. Usually, I simply decline meals if it doesn't contain protein and it contains shitty carbs -- so rather than eat bad, I don't eat at all
01-22-2015, 08:39 AM
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Eat lots of multigrain bread. Its good for you, takes no effort to toast, cheap and will help you gain. No need for protein powder.
01-22-2015, 09:08 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

Does multi-grain bread inherently contain a load of carbs?
01-22-2015, 09:13 AM
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Its bread, yeah it has carbs but it doesnt make you constipated like white bread can. Greek yogurt and multi grain bread are two examples of foof that are good for you that have decent amount of protein and carbs to gain weight in them.

And btw protein powders are for people- in a rush/lazy, want an easy meal replacement for losing weight. Nothing beats real food.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2015, 09:25 AM by Shanked.)
01-22-2015, 09:22 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

I hear ya, but I certainly fall under the lazy category. I never seem to have time to make a proper meal. Sure, I can make dinner every now and then, but I never have time for breakfast or lunch, always late for something
01-22-2015, 09:29 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like threesacharm's post:
  • Rick91, Shanked
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

I am 6'2" my body type is skinny base weight without weights is at about 70 to 72 kg with lifting its 92 kg. that's 92 lean... To sloppy on the diet and it goes to 104 pretty easy.

Don't be scared of the carbs. You need them for testosterone production. Eat a balanced healthy diet. I recently read a bunch of research that showed high protein low carb diet reduced testosterone levels.... I eat bread but mostly Ezekiel bread.

I started growing pretty good again when I switched to German volume training. Recently did 10 sets of 10 with 1 to 2 minute breaks @ 165 pounds for bench... I can do 225 pounds around 14 times goal is 20 and I can do pull-ups with a 45 pound plate plus my bodyweight for 5 sets of 5. I train for under 45 minutes and try to hit every muscle twice every 8 or 9 days. I recover much slower at 40 then I did at 30.

I enjoy lifting heavy but starting to get hurt to much and the volume training seems to cause more,growth right now.

I don't do to many body weight besides pull-ups.

For nutrition I really follow this sight anabolic men... It's a great blog on hormone optimization which is the name of the game from 35 on... It's working because my cum shots have gone quite projectile...lol
Anyway hope that helps... Now just need to turn the 4 pack into a 6 packSmile then I'm done.

I will say that with the volume training my muscles feel more dense/heavy...
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2015, 10:00 AM by threesacharm.)
01-22-2015, 09:59 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Il check that blog out cheers man.

Don im lazy as fuck as well and if I wasnt living with my parents id be eating mostly canned food.

Multigrain bread, greek yogurt, pasta, brown rice, eggs, vegetables, canned tuna, canned salmon. If you eat this it literally takes no effort. For lunch I usually make a toasted sandwich with tuna or salmon and tomato cucumber cheese and a some type of spread inside. Eat the healthy carbs and continue working out and you will 100% increase in weight because you are also building muscle which weighs more than fat.
01-22-2015, 10:19 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

The blog is by some guy in Finland.... It's good research backed shit!

Your diet looks about the same as mine except I grow really well on grass fed beef and I do quinoa instead of rice... Going to try steel cut oats... Also try to stick to intermittent fasting and eat between noon and 8 or so.

(01-22-2015, 10:19 AM)Shanked Wrote: Il check that blog out cheers man.

Don im lazy as fuck as well and if I wasnt living with my parents id be eating mostly canned food.

Multigrain bread, greek yogurt, pasta, brown rice, eggs, vegetables, canned tuna, canned salmon. If you eat this it literally takes no effort. For lunch I usually make a toasted sandwich with tuna or salmon and tomato cucumber cheese and a some type of spread inside. Eat the healthy carbs and continue working out and you will 100% increase in weight because you are also building muscle which weighs more than fat.

01-22-2015, 10:28 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
I still eat too much junk food but yeh I do like healthy food. Quinoa is really nice definitely better than rice. I tend to lose weight when I intermittent fast but I know its good stuff. Got too much on my mind to workout seriously.

Atm im doing the armstrong pullup program but still only doing that half heartedly.
01-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
If one advice that goes along all different workout routines that everyone can use is : Learn how to prepare and cook your own meals....this is the key to eating healthy and you know what you eat - you are in control.

If you end up with a girl that knows how to cook this is great too ! ..I did not get really into cooking until late 20's ...early 30's.

I was rather skinny in my early 20's ......now my regular cruising weight is 83 - 85 kg and I am about 6 ft. in height.

Learn to know your own body ...often your body - physique will continue to evolve until "cruising state" (develop) until 30's depending on your genes. And this is not the stop ...because as you age your metabolism changes, your life style takes shifts, the change is happening all the time...and your workout routines will likely change too.

01-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Find Reply