• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Esports
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Congo Democratic Republic
Esports
Documentary about popularity of online gaming with focus on South-Korea, this shit is so fucked up, I had no clue it existed Undecided

http://www.vice.com/video/esports-part-one

03-22-2015, 08:05 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
RE: Esports
Its really crazy that gaming is now a sport. Whats the most ridiculous IMO is you have those youtubers for e.g. Pewdiepie who makes probably over $5million a year just playing video games. If that was me I'd fucken sell the channel, retire and live off of interest. Multi-millionaire for playing video games smh..

Never realised how hot korean girls are but they are more interested in the gamers what the fuck.. My mate plays League of Legends every night after work its really a life waster. But these Koreans are on an another level.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 09:14 PM by Shanked.)
03-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
fucksong2 Offline
Gunner

I've noticed Vice has been doing a lot of vids on S. Korea in recent times. I think they had another one on the love industry there. Someone on Roosh posted it. Wait, here I found it: http://www.vice.com/video/the-south-kore...dustry-169

03-22-2015, 09:16 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Just watched all 5 parts.. I never realised how much SKorea was into gaming. The fact that these guys are playing 80+ hrs a week like one said is scary...

lol if you read the comments there is so much hate towards the reporter.
03-22-2015, 10:11 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(03-22-2015, 08:55 PM)Shanked Wrote: Its really crazy that gaming is now a sport. Whats the most ridiculous IMO is you have those youtubers for e.g. Pewdiepie who makes probably over $5million a year just playing video games. If that was me I'd fucken sell the channel, retire and live off of interest. Multi-millionaire for playing video games smh..

But then what would you do after retiring? Sit around and play video games all day?

Did anybody see the South Park episode on these things? I never really knew people could make money from this before seeing that episode.
03-22-2015, 10:16 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Yeah your right, that's why I would never be in that situation. The South Park episode is the World of Warcraft one. Its one of my favourites.
03-22-2015, 10:20 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

These guys are mostly 14-18.

Can't miss it if you live in korea. My gf works near a tv studio for esports. I've watching starcraft there on occasion while waiting, good fun.
03-23-2015, 12:49 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
  • TideRide
Don
Unregistered

When I was in high school, I am talking from 13-18 years old, gaming was my life. The big difference for me was that I was into sports games on the console compared to action games on a cpu. I was so into Madden football, it was my life. Fuck school, I thought. I would often go home at lunch time and just ball. I was an uber competitive youth, so when I was playing on one of my 3 hockey teams or baseball, I was in my room playing Madden. Even on the weekend I would head over to my best friend's house, hook up another tv and playstation, and play madden online against randoms -- not even against each other.

To give you an idea of how serious I was, there were websites you could go onto and play wager matches. When I was 17, I was playing Madden wager matches for $100 and $200 a pop. This was over 10 years ago and Madden online for the playstation was super glitchy and easily hackable. You would play Madden games online for no money and people would hack you...this was amplified on this wager website. Back then, I didn't have the proper technology to record my games except on my shitty Razr phone. There were some honest games, but mostly everyone tried to cheat you - leaving every decision up to the resolution center.

I did make some decent money doing it. I was really good at the game. Some years I was better than other years. In Madden 2005 when they introduced the "hit stick", I was ranked in the top 25 in the world. What this means was that I was likely one of top 3-4 players in the world because EVERYONE at the top is usually obvious cheaters. On another note, I was ranked in the top 3 of NHL 2009...Somehow I was still able to get some despite how much of a loser this all makes me seem ha

In Madden 2004, the year with Michael Vick on the cover (this lead to the hitstick in 2005), EA Sports held a nationwide competition to find the best Madden player, stopping in x amount of cities. There would be one winner from each city who would go to Vegas to play. I played in the Madden 2004 (year: 2003-2004) tournament. By this point I knew all the faces of great players. You saw their names on forums and read about them in blogs. We were getting to the final stages of the one tournament and I noticed my matchup has an entourage of people -- all people I knew from those blogs and forums. I kept quiet, wanting to be the underdog. We both chose the Falcons because Michael Vick and Brian Finneran were unstoppable.

His entourage was talking so much shit about me. Telling their friend, "to get this chump (I was like 13 or 14)". We were tied at half time and more of his entourage come around. Every play people were oohing and awwing. It came down to the last play and I couldn't score. That guy I lost to ended up winning the 50,000 or 100,000 grand. What a shame.

I can't believe the money now that these good youtube channels get just from broadcasting their games. It kind of makes me want to get back into the swing of things. It appears that it is more about entertainment than it is actual good footage. I feel like I could provide one, but I doubt I could deliver it in an entertaining way
03-23-2015, 01:11 AM
[-]
  •
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
Yeah to do well on these channels you need to be an obnoxious overbearing twat who provides for the lowest common denominator (13 year olds) make enough dumb jokes in enough shit minecraft/free flash game videos and you'll be made
03-23-2015, 01:46 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(03-22-2015, 10:20 PM)Shanked Wrote: Yeah your right, that's why I would never be in that situation. The South Park episode is the World of Warcraft one. Its one of my favourites.

Check the latest series. Completely different to the WoW one (which is fucking awesome!). Definitely worth checking out, I think you'll enjoy it.
03-23-2015, 09:06 AM
Find Reply