• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up ? - whatever goes on
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
What's up ? - whatever goes on
Got back from Mexico - Playa De Carmen (Family vacation)
Not much to say ..."Gringo Central" location and gringo prices.
Do not recommend..I think Mexico has much more to offer..
I heard west coast near Guatemala or places like Escondido can be fun.

Will be planning another expedition trip soon - but this will be likely taking place 2016.

Not keen of creating too many threads ..so perhaps this thread may serve as status update or which ever thing you may want to share..just an idea.
Feel free to join.

03-29-2015, 09:30 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
RE: What's up ? - whatever goes on
After all why not ...decided to share some slice of life...

Recently got arrested at gun point by cops .....short while later got released with no charge. Not sure exactly what ...wrong place at wrong time or worried neighborhood call gone wrong.
I was coming back home from my buddy and since was not too far decided to take a walk....mistake in NA....

Some of the younger police guys on the force seem to be nervous..(usually power trip). Pulling and pointing guns at people rather quick. " drop your weapon" I hear ..the only thing in my hand I had was my glove.. One wrong move and I could got shot easily ...

After spending a month in Africa - I was reminded where I am now ....back in Canada ...the only difference is that I still struggle to recognize is that this place has become a police state....

Looks like culture of fear has spilled here too from our south neighbor....(I was perceived as a threat...wtf ? )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApK0kcy7U0Q

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2015, 09:34 AM by Max.)
04-11-2015, 09:20 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
Be more descriptive with your title threads.
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
04-12-2015, 02:30 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Meant more this thread as general status update ...something like forum lounge....feel free to change the title Zolo.

(04-12-2015, 02:30 AM)Zolo Wrote: Be more descriptive with your title threads.

On another note my mind is set planning another adventure / expedition...so far Aconcagua climb (Argentina) is first on the radar.
As soon as I come back from my expeditions... it does not take long to look forward to another trip...
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015, 09:14 AM by Max.)
04-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
North America has too much police. The privitazation of prisons and militarizing of cops is complete rubbish. It's no lt unheard of for swat teams to bust in and kill an elderly person via something stupid like a wrong address or bogus intel from an informant on annelderly person who was just sitting in their house relaxing. A few years ago Inread how some old lady was in her chair relaxing, the pigs swarmed her room, and she shot two of them in the face thinking they were burglars. In high crime areas like Miami its not uncommon for drug dealers to rob each other by kicking in the door and screaming police so the other crew won't fight back and they can rob them without fear of a volley of bullets. Like a retired military officer told me- what's the difference between public sector and private sector criminals anymore?

I know about police tyranny man. I was driving on a rural road and this punk cop almost hit me when he was speeding so he turns around and pulls me over in a restaurant parking lot ripping up my car in front of 300 or so people. They stood their like cattle grazing and were amused at this tyranny. Same thing happened to a guy I know in a neighboring state except this bastard cop hit his car and blamed it on him in court and it being a back water crap hole the guy had to pay for the damages to his and the pigs car although the pig hit him via driving negligently.

A lot of military vets are fed up with all this bs man. Some bloggers think their will be a military coup in the States. Who knows? If their ever is a civil war in North America most people will be cowards and probably only 3% a best would resist. There's a reason motorcycle clubs are called 1 percenters- most people would never fight the man or live on the fringes of social corralling. But yeah- I know about those bastards abusing civil rights and its like author Kenneth Royce aka Boston says their tyranny in some parts of the county will turn whole counties into guerrillas. It's truly miraculous America doesn't have something like its own version of the IRA yet with all the anti-freedom anti-Constitution non sense that gos on in America. Remember though Canada was settled by red coats not minutemen like America. America doesn't know its own history and most people are just sheep. The founders predicted people would lose their freedom and so far their estimations are spot on.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015, 02:18 PM by TideRide.)
04-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
So what's up ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zgja26eNeY

This is how I feel ..I was about to say.."my name is Johnny Cash ...."
Not everything is black and white...most things are fucking gray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQWYc3_vE0I

will be booking this trip soon...it is suicidal..go figure..I am fucking crazy...or life is ?

"On another note my mind is set planning another adventure / expedition...so far Aconcagua climb (Argentina) is first on the radar.
As soon as I come back from my expeditions... it does not take long to look forward to another trip... "
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2015, 03:37 PM by Max.)
05-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Looks like I will be in Argentina in January 2016.
Any ideas to what to explore except Aconcagua ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aconcagua

I will be happy to see something after my dear Mountain.

05-23-2015, 01:26 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
You do not have to be into blues to get these tunes under your skin ...
man refreshing ..this gets me going (Gary Clark Jr)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XITBuWNROk

live concert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08KUGpcL2Q

This is what is going on now
06-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Chris-O's post:
  • Max, TideRide
Chris-O Offline
Boatswain

Max, you have plenty of choices to go visit in Argentina. You have Patagonia, which is big, very. Feel free to drop me a message if you want more info but right now I can suggest:

Ushuaia, almost like the end of the world, one of the most southern regions on earth. It is a pretty place with majestic sigths, an old and abandoned jailhouse, a narrow track railroad that runs to the outskirts of the city.
Bariloche, Rio Negro, typical destination for tourists, germanic style and influences and reminders of swiss.
Trelew and Gaiman, welsh influences with the famous tea with welsh cake! Smile yummy

Salta, the beauty, we call it Salta la linda, very nice city, colonial reminders, spanish of course before and after independence wars with Spain.
Mendoza and the list goes on and on and on.

Cheers and enjoy
06-08-2015, 09:50 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Thank you Chris...will look into this..perhaps will meet you ?
Anyway thank you Brother...

(06-08-2015, 09:50 AM)Chris-O Wrote: Max, you have plenty of choices to go visit in Argentina. You have Patagonia, which is big, very. Feel free to drop me a message if you want more info but right now I can suggest:

Ushuaia, almost like the end of the world, one of the most southern regions on earth. It is a pretty place with majestic sigths, an old and abandoned jailhouse, a narrow track railroad that runs to the outskirts of the city.
Bariloche, Rio Negro, typical destination for tourists, germanic style and influences and reminders of swiss.
Trelew and Gaiman, welsh influences with the famous tea with welsh cake! Smile yummy

Salta, the beauty, we call it Salta la linda, very nice city, colonial reminders, spanish of course before and after independence wars with Spain.
Mendoza and the list goes on and on and on.

Cheers and enjoy

06-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
http://themindunleashed.org/

You do not need to buy everything ..but you can get value here

just sharing
06-19-2015, 02:00 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Chris-O Offline
Boatswain

INteresting site Max, specially if it covers Stonehenge and anything Graham Hancock writes, that guy blew my mind some time ago regarding ancient civilizations and the relationship between Mars and an alternate theory that debris of meteorite impact on Mars may have landed on Earth thus spawning life.
Also why a half mile metor might send us all back to stone ages if and only if a rock that size hits us.., anything bigger and we all vanish beneath giants quakes and 30 feets tsunami waterwalls.

My 2 cents.. Smile
06-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Max's post:
  • Squiggles
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
[Image: life%20time_zpszkuswyrr.png]
06-25-2015, 01:04 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes threesacharm's post:
  • Max
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

Max,

Just catching up on this thread... I stayed in puerto Escondido 22 years ago as like an 18 or 17 year old in a hammock on the beach for 1.50 cents a night... Was awesome... We would tie some fishing line to our ankles and a lure then paddle around on our surfboards and catch dinner... Fucking good times...
06-25-2015, 01:43 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
and just to add original entry: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Throw Away Your Television

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB-WHw6uMWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN-vMMpja30

if you can listen ...within the short attention span that we have now days imbedded slowly ....
there is value ....

Terence speaks about freedom and breaking free from the "cave".

if you after sex tune in to 7 min..it will tell you that you hopefully already know if you on this forum .

Yeah,
I have been told these places like Escondido are still pretty much the same.
I would go any time ...just to experience the sense of free...

(06-25-2015, 01:43 PM)threesacharm Wrote: Max,

Just catching up on this thread... I stayed in puerto Escondido 22 years ago as like an 18 or 17 year old in a hammock on the beach for 1.50 cents a night... Was awesome... We would tie some fishing line to our ankles and a lure then paddle around on our surfboards and catch dinner... Fucking good times...

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2015, 03:46 PM by Max.)
06-25-2015, 03:08 PM
Find Reply