• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Workout Thread
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
RE: Workout Thread
A celebrity trainer who was an ectomorph skinny kid who got jacked naturally (no steroids) is Joey Gloor-
Www://edjge.com
06-08-2015, 06:20 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

Sorry tide I am saying I think the guy is on the juice at least a light dose...

I have thought about trying some Serms myself lately. Lots of similar effects to juice but like half the sides.
06-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
You're right-I just remembered an interview I saw with Joey where he was saying he was on the juice at one point but has transitioned off of it.

Gloor is a good role model for skinny kids as he went from a 15yo skinny kid who looks like the kind who would've been picked on to winning local body building competitions in 2-3 years. It amazes me the level of development on can acheive during their teens-my greatest mistake was picking boxing over bodybuilding-I used to think lifters were lazy when Inwas a teenager due to people resting so much between sets- when I was training boxing and sparring at 8 years old our coach made us work our butts off and then jog laps around the gym between rounds. Some of my friends were way better boxers than me and did not train this way- they had days dedicated to sparring and other days where the coach would work on the mitts and talk technique and strategy with them which is exactly how the best boxing coach out right now (Freddie Roach) does things. Good information is what makes the internet precious and we did not have that back then. Training like the Chinese Army with neglect for taking time for strategy and periods to recover is half ass and primitiv-which is how I'd describe that environment then.

I like the serum idea. I never did gear and always did high volume 24-30 sets/workout if I was on gear and spent a solid year doing conditioning drills Incould probably do 40 sets/workout. I think Arnold Schawzeneeger did 50 sets one point- he said in an interview he ran 3 miles after lifting for 2 hours (that's awesome most people say how they're tired after 15-25 sets and sure don't go for a run after lifting)- with conditioning like that and gear the sky's the limit.

Personally, I don't have a problem at all with people using steroids- it seems like all the top athletes do it- you would think the sports industry and fans would want to see all these dudes do everything possible to be the best including steroids as they'll all mainly be pros in the sports for a short interval of their lives anyway so why not be the best by any means necessary? I'm sure UFC fights would be even better than they already are (I love mma especially wrestlers who punish their opponents with ground and pound like Tito Ortiz and Randy Couture used to do) if everybody was on steroids.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2015, 09:36 AM by TideRide.)
06-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes fucksong's post:
  • TideRide
fucksong Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
I just started working out again regularly and damn what a difference. I'm waking up with morning boners WITHOUT taking the zinc supplements, I feel more energetic and overall just like a man. Back when I wasn't working out, I would actually pussy out once in awhile if I saw a cute girl in a bar or on the street despite having approached hundreds of times but now, just feel more on point.

I haven't read through the whole thread but I've been following The 4 Hour Body's (by Tim Ferriss) exercises where he tapped Pavel Tsatsouline and Barry Ross, two strength coaches who've coached world class athletes for their advice and the guy who started Nautilus (can't remember his name) and he uses the MED (maximum effective dose) methodology. To use an analogy, you boil water at 212 degrees. Anything more is just a waste of energy so it's the same principle of exercise. You do just enough to stimulate the muscle for growth and strength but not much more as it can only hinder your recovery time. Now if you're training for a specific sport, you'd obviously be training for that specific body movement more often but for overall fitness, once or twice a week is all that's needed.

Here's a link to his interview with Pavel
http://fourhourworkweek.com/2015/01/15/p...atsouline/

But some of the big takeaways are kettlebell swings, doing 2 or 3 reps around 70% of your max, using those grippers and planks for core to name a few.
06-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

Fucksong... The thing is when you first start anything gives results... A lot of what you talked about has been borrowed from other sources. Like mike mentzer and such... Anyway glad you are on the wagon... Don't get off check out the blog anabolic men... Freaking life changing stuff.
06-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

Fucksong... Just thought of something... If you respond to zinc it means you are zinc deficient. So it will only improve the response you are getting from lifting... Just a thought.
06-09-2015, 12:37 AM
Find Reply