Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belgrade or Kiev?
[-]
  •
ryanpp Offline
Stowaway

Belgrade or Kiev?
Buddy and I are planning a trip to EE. Plan on going Dec. 26 - Jan. 3 (We both have off of work for this week so thought we might as well go somewhere new).

We've been to Western Europe, all over the US, Thailand, and the Caribbean.

Looking for everybody's input on whether we should go to Belgrade or Kiev for our adventure.

Which city has better costs, better gaming opportunities, which one is better for the winter time, better nightlife, etc..

06-19-2015, 01:36 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

RE: Belgrade or Kiev?
Not sure which is better in the winter time. Kiev sucked in the winter. It rained, snowed, and hailed in a one single day. Even so, Kiev is going to be the go to. Belgrade has better nightlife, but I couldn't say for sure how it is during the winter, because in the summer they have the party boats on the river which are inoperable during winter time. For that short period of time, you definitely need to go to Kiev
06-19-2015, 09:20 AM
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Go Kiev
get used to drink vodka and conquer your fears
06-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
William Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
I think both options are good. I prefer Kiev but my friend prefers Belgrade.

(06-19-2015, 09:20 AM)Don Wrote: Belgrade has better nightlife

Really? Don, Kiev has special summer night club stuff too, like bora bora club.

06-22-2015, 09:38 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
Most of the splavovi have closed down now anyway, tax dodging I think was the official reason. Only places left are iirc freestyler (shit), kafana (didn't go in) and possibly potevarac.
06-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

(06-22-2015, 09:38 AM)William Wrote: I think both options are good. I prefer Kiev but my friend prefers Belgrade.

(06-19-2015, 09:20 AM)Don Wrote: Belgrade has better nightlife

Really? Don, Kiev has special summer night club stuff too, like bora bora club.

I've been to Kiev twice now. I'm not saying Belgrade blows Kiev out of the water, but I prefer Belgrade's nightlife in the summer
06-22-2015, 09:22 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teppen Guy's post:
  • TideRide
Teppen Guy Offline
Stowaway

Curious to piggy back off the OP--in terms of acceptance/attitude towards Americans (overall and then obviously the women), how is it? Obviously everywhere hates sex tourists so I get that you'd want to have a purpose for being there.
06-26-2015, 03:30 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
It would be Intersting to hear from Westerners who've been to both cities exactly how xenophobic or not of Americans the girls are...

And what's attractive?

To me a woman with above average busts and muscular legs and hips is the most attractive-I'm not into rail thin runway models.

From the street videos on YouTube of both Kiev (via Roosh V)-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y0pye4dOoA

and
Belgrade(via hobotraveler)-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtn-qh5o0jc

The Belgrade girls have curvier bodies and a more modern dressing-the Kiev crowd appears thinner with smaller busts and more old school retro looking clothes. Based on the Youtube footage Belgradre appears to have more attractive women. I'd look for a wife (my goal) in Belgrade with that in mind.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2015, 05:31 PM by TideRide.)
06-29-2015, 05:23 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
geekindex Offline
Lieutenant

Germany
(06-29-2015, 05:23 PM)TideRide Wrote: I'd look for a wife (my goal) in Belgrade with that in mind.

Hey Tide, just start looking for a wife around where you are right now... or move to Belgrade (if that is what you have got on your mind) for at least six months... helps a lot if you are able to speak her mothertounge at least a bit...

Nonetheless - the probability of finding a wife that wants to leave for the US will be higher in Ukraine right now...
06-29-2015, 11:04 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
  • TideRide
Don
Unregistered

(06-26-2015, 03:30 AM)Teppen Guy Wrote: Curious to piggy back off the OP--in terms of acceptance/attitude towards Americans (overall and then obviously the women), how is it? Obviously everywhere hates sex tourists so I get that you'd want to have a purpose for being there.

Serbians and Ukrainians widely accept Americans. Americans think that they're pretty special to begin with and that it is a big deal for them to go to X country. The truth is that nobody gives a shit.

I don't think being American is going to help you get laid anymore than being Swedish, or French, or Hungarian. And people are certainly not going to give you any animosity because you're from America. These cities get pounded with tourists every year, it's not a shock to them.

In Ukraine, you see far more sex tourists. I was talking with my friend and I had an epiphany. I've never seen a non-male tourist in Ukraine. They've only ever been male. The chicks, for the most part, know that guys are in Ukraine for one thing. Girls don't care because they're not attracted to Ukrainian guys and not only that, the girls are blinded by foreigners. Even though they know sex tourists are widely prevalent, they can't distinguish them from any other "regular" tourist.

I'll try to put in the most simple terms in case I've been rambling on.

Serbians don't give a fuck if you're American. Girls don't give a fuck if you're American. It is not going to help your chances and it is not going to get you in trouble because you're American. If you've never traveled before you would think that it matters a great deal to some that you're American -- It doesn't.

Ukrainians, like Serbians, don't really care where you're from. If you're from America, cool. If you're from France, cool...The women don't care where you're from either as long as you're a foreigner, not Turkish, and not from an economically worse country. They're highly educated and just want the jobs they think they deserve and they don't think they have the chance in Ukraine - so anywhere else would do.

06-30-2015, 02:53 AM
[-]
  •
Squiggles Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Kiev is better value for money right now. If you do go the Chernobyl tour is an almost must, PM me if you want details (I must have been the only tourist to have been there three times).

I was in Belgrade last November (and once about 10 years back for a very blurry drunken football trip). Belrgade is more of a party town in my humble experience. And the girls tend to have bigger tits than their Ukrainian counterparts.
07-24-2015, 06:25 PM
Find Reply