Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oslo
[-] The following 1 user Likes piggyvio's post:
  • Zolo
piggyvio Offline
Deckhand

Oslo
I have been lurking around for some time and I feel I owe the community because I have gotten a lot of great advice here.

I got to oslo 2 days ago I am not the best writer ever but I will try to contribute.

My first impression

Women

Astonishing, dazzling , amazing

you name it

Although I've heard that at this time of the year a lot of ppl go back home or elsewhere on holidays I haven't felt it bc I have never seen so many good looking girls in the same place

They are a bit scary , the avg norwegian seems like a very serious character but If you break the ice properly with a smile and a warm hello you will be surprised , they are very cool to hang with , the guys won't cockblock (at least for now) and the girls will be gentle even if they are not into you. you might run into some bitch faces but that is standard pretty much everywhere but Brazil.

Clubs , bars, going out

I have been here for friday night, and the whole weekend, went to several places

Vlaa ( the one in the middle of a park )

very snob, drinks are v expensive even for norwegian standards ( 20 usd a vodka redbull )
pretty good music (house , maybe some commercial stuff)
you will probbaly find the most high maintenance girls here, stayed the for like an hour, approached a few girls , not v receptive, I got out early

Kulture huset

more laid back they've got a big bar in the front a small dance floor it was 80s music when I was there better vibe than the other one 2 girls approached me which was really cool I got a few phone numbers was pretty surprised bc a friend told me scandis were pretty straightforward when It came to sex but I learned that might not be the case here and that is true more for swedish women

(I made out with one but she wouldnt come home with me , I hope I cna close it)

there is another room at the end with some games drinks are around 12 usd beer 7-10

there are a lot of small bars around but this is the one I liked the most in this area

(sry about the lack of content when it comes to streets neighbourhood I cant get a grip at those yet)

BLAA ( pretty sure had nothing to do with the first one )

Amazing place, hipster vibe a mix of everything cool music, some 70s reggae not a classy place but not a shithole either the neighbourhood seems v shady but this city has to be hands down the safest place Ive ever been to.

only drank beer 10 usd

Quality of girls was v good I meet some ppl but nothing promising.

I think the way to go here is day game

I have approached a lot of women in espresso house (number 1 coffee place here )
they only hire young girls (18-25) and they sure look good

a lot of girls go out for coffee alone and they are v receptive to game, One thing that works wonders is giving them small compliments on how they dress or look, It seems like man in general are very cold and they dont make physical contact or done approach women agressively at all and they seem to dig that

I will update the next few days

Andy
07-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
RE: Oslo
good start Andy
07-06-2015, 01:27 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Andy
What has your daily budget/day been in that place?
07-06-2015, 11:47 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
piggyvio Offline
Deckhand

(07-06-2015, 11:47 PM)TideRide Wrote: Andy
What has your daily budget/day been in that place?

Nothing set in stone we rented a cheap airbnb for like 100usd a day split in2
Going out and eating is lretty expensive i only paid for the train from the airport i have travelled for free in public transport but that is bc i am cheap
Latin anerican bastard bc you are supoussed to pay for it

Realistically id say 100usd a day without considering housing buuut i have heard there is a really cheap hostel near central station and locatuin shouldnt matter the city isnt so big you can walkeverywhere and iit is v safe
07-07-2015, 03:56 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes lostinalgiers's post:
  • TideRide
lostinalgiers Offline
Deckhand

I spent three weeks in Norway last year, and the costs are generally insane. There were a lot of beautiful girls in Oslo, but I really didn't like it that much as a city. The main shopping/tourist area is dominated by buildings that look like giant parking decks. Things improve if you get down by the water, by the palace, the embassy district, or the botanic gardens. I also visited Trondheim, Bergen, and Stavanger, and I found all of them more pleasant than Oslo.

Plan on spending $4-5 for a small bottle of water. Your cheapest lunch option are the dried out hotdogs at the 7-11s all over the place. The somewhat more expensive shrimp salad sandwiches are much more appetizing and run about $7. If you hanker for fast food, get ready to pay about $14-15 for a Burger King combo meal. A real burger plus a pint of good local beer will run you $30 including tip.

If you want to work out, there is a national chain called SATS that is pretty well-equipped. I was able to talk the guy in Bergen into giving me a three-punch trial pass for the week I was there. I dropped a few bucks on energy bars and recovery drinks so I wasn't a complete waster.

The one-way bus from Bergen to Stavanger ran about $99 US. Granted, it was comfortable and spotless. Don't eat on the ferry cafeterias though, everything there is marked up a bit more than normal.

The Cardinal pub in Stavanger merits special mention if you're into beer. They have 500+ available, and I even found a Michigan (my home state) beer on tap last summer. There are lots of good local IPAs around, no need to be like the guy I saw pay $15 for a bottle of Sam Adams.
07-08-2015, 05:49 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
piggyvio Offline
Deckhand

Updates

Today It rained a lot and I see why nordics tend to commit suicide a lot, there was nothing to do throughout the day and I felt really shitty

I went for dinner to a place called Olivia, It was meh and v expensive would not reccommend
apparently wednesdays is the worst to go out we took our chances and when tu grunnerlokka all the pub were less snobby a bit more expats and laid back ppl girls were much more receptive to game and drinks wre cheaper than the places we have already been to.

I made out with one and we were invited by some really good looking girls to a party tomorrow at some rooftop next to kulture huset
tmrw I will post the name
07-09-2015, 11:51 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes scandibro's post:
  • lostinalgiers
scandibro Offline
Boatswain

Afghanistan
You should try some of the other Norwegian cities. Personally, I find most Oslo people to be pretentious and annoying.

Try going to Bergen or Trondheim. Foreigner value will also be higher.
07-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
lostinalgiers Offline
Deckhand

(07-12-2015, 09:28 PM)scandibro Wrote: You should try some of the other Norwegian cities. Personally, I find most Oslo people to be pretentious and annoying.

Try going to Bergen or Trondheim. Foreigner value will also be higher.

Agree 100% with this. I found Bergen and Trondheim much more pleasant than Oslo. Stavanger was also nice, and there is quite an expat scene there with all the oil industry.

07-13-2015, 11:30 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Jaller Offline
Stowaway

Norwegian Museum of Cultural History is one of the most famous attractions of Oslo. I had a visit about three years ago with my friends. I really had a great time in Oslo because of its historical attractions. It is a great city for history lovers. I had a great experience there of my life. I hope you will fully enjoy staying and exploring the Oslo, especially Norwegian Museum of Cultural History.
07-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nurman Offline
Stowaway

Afghanistan
lostinalgiers! I would like to say no doubt Bergen and Trondheim are beautiful regions, but Oslo is also a great place to have some time there. I personally visited it and had a memorable time with my wife.
07-16-2015, 07:08 PM
Website Find Reply