• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budapest tips
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
Budapest tips
Does anybody have any suggestions for good hotels and the best bars/club during the week?
07-15-2015, 03:20 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes geekindex's post:
  • Hicks
geekindex Offline
Lieutenant

Germany
RE: Budapest tips
I have written a longer post in a thread about Hungarian girls - older post of geekindex on Budapest and girls .

Szimpla Kert or the other ruin bars at night, the old coffee houses at daytime. In summer: anything near the Danube including music and alcohol.

Regarding hotels: The two Ibis in the center are quite ok. Fair price. Lots of younger tourists. There are so many hotels in Budapest, even good ones, just look for a good rate... Can't remember the name of the one next to the Canadian Embassy - Regnum Palace or like that - which was quite good, but is rather expensive... booked it last minute the last time I was there for a very fair rate...

I would watch on Pest-side of the river for a smaller hotel / pension - closer to the action.

Anyway - keep the Tisza-shoes in mind... ;-)
07-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
could someone give me a ballpark figure on what a decent (liveable, not baller) apartment would cost for 1 month (without signing a lease, just month to month) in budapest would cost? in a decent location

i've heard its pretty cheap there

if i can live on $1000ish in phils/thailand/cambodia could i do similar in budapest?
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com
friends blog: http://nomadphilippines.com/

07-16-2015, 12:47 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(07-16-2015, 12:47 AM)nomadphilippines Wrote: could someone give me a ballpark figure on what a decent (liveable, not baller) apartment would cost for 1 month (without signing a lease, just month to month) in budapest would cost? in a decent location

if i can live on $1000ish in phils/thailand/cambodia could i do similar in budapest?

I'm not sure but I think me and you have very different standards of living anyway. I couldn't imagine living in Thailand for less than $2k/month.
07-16-2015, 03:03 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
1000 in bkk isn't good but 1000 in most other places in thailand will do fine.
07-16-2015, 07:24 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(07-16-2015, 07:24 AM)Rick91 Wrote: 1000 in bkk isn't good but 1000 in most other places in thailand will do fine.

Yeah, I might have a skewed view of expenses as I wasn't living my normal life when I was in Thailand. When I was in Phuket I spent just over $3500 in a month. I was going out 4 times a week though, eating at restaurants for every meal, and living in a hotel.

I definitely don't see how somebody could live on $1k in Bkk though, not unless they were way out of the centre and lived off street food.

I think nomadphils mentioned he doesn't drink and that's probably my 3rd biggest expense. So I imagine he could live anywhere a lot cheaper than I can.
07-16-2015, 08:35 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Jaller Offline
Stowaway

Grand place is the best attraction of Thailand. The Grand place surrounding by beautiful architecture and it contrasts extremely well with the modern. I went there about a few months ago with my cousins. I had great fun there. Many tourists go there every year and enjoy its natural beauty. So I suggest you must go there once.
07-16-2015, 06:53 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
geekindex Offline
Lieutenant

Germany
(07-16-2015, 12:47 AM)nomadphilippines Wrote: could someone give me a ballpark figure on what a decent (liveable, not baller) apartment would cost for 1 month (without signing a lease, just month to month) in budapest would cost? in a decent location

Looking on airbnb (which will show up more expensive results) you end up with flats like that meeting your condition (availability for August - there will be more if you have more time to search): airbnb - link - flat in center

Guess you won't find much in the center below 600 USD per month. As in Paris, any district with a single digit number (transfered to the Arabic numeric system) will be excellent. If you know a local, ask them to help searching, since there are lot's of flats only advertised in Hungarian. If you go a little outside center it will be cheaper prices as well. Just make sure that Metro is nearby.

If 1000 USD are sufficient for you, depends on what you eat. If you stick to local products and white bread it might without going out much. Otherwise expect 1k in expenses without flat, since prices are pretty much the same as in the rest of Europe.

Regarding party-center:
[Image: 7c0ddb90_original.jpg?interpolation=lanc...quality=90]
07-16-2015, 08:28 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
William Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
I'm going to Budapest in a couple weeks. I noticed Google Maps won't let me pre-cache any maps of the city. Lame. Google must be compiling with some rule, lame of Hungary or the city of Budapest to make things harder for tourists.
07-17-2015, 05:21 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
geekindex Offline
Lieutenant

Germany
(07-17-2015, 05:21 AM)William Wrote: I noticed Google Maps won't let me pre-cache any maps of the city. Lame.

Big advantage of a Nokia mobiles... HERE lets you download the country maps you want to go to (all free...) and only loads things like restaurants once there... if only the app-store of Windows phone was better stocked, they could be a good contender to the market...

But honestly - you don't really need phone navigation in Budapest. Even the free maps in the hotels will do, since the center of the city isn't that big. Watch the things on a map before you go and you should be fine once there. A metro plan would come in handy. You get it there. And hey: looking for orientation is one of the best reasons to approach girls, isn't it? ;-)
07-17-2015, 06:14 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
whats a good cheap city in europe for a white guy to pick up 20 somethings?
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com
friends blog: http://nomadphilippines.com/

07-22-2015, 10:25 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
geekindex Offline
Lieutenant

Germany
Any special country? In general you can say, that a city attracting lots of young folks, tends to have higher costs of living than other cities... prices in general will be lower further east, though there are always exceptions. The first-tier cities will be more expensive than the more quiet ones you don't hear that much about. If it has got a university and 200k+ inhabitants just give it a try. If you want it really cheap, look for no university (but kind of industry, low unemployment) and 100k- inhabitants... though that might lead to cities with not that many woman you search for...

Costs of living are not that much different anymore inside EU. Eastern Europe is cheaper if it comes to local products... Outside EU like Ukraine could be a way to go. Moldova.

If you compare just prices for apartments on airbnb, you can go to Leipzig as well as to Cluj-Napoca or Krakow... doesn't really matter... If you know some local who can help search for a flat there - consider this city, cause it will help you cut on costs... hope these general tips helped a bit...
07-23-2015, 12:21 AM
Find Reply