Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny story about getting muscles back
[-] The following 1 user Likes threesacharm's post:
  • geekindex
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

Funny story about getting muscles back
So my shoulder has been feeling better. Working out pretty hard. I go grocery shopping with the wife... It's Texas and hot so I have a black wife beater on. I'm pushing the cart... This lady comes in with her husband. She is also pushing the cart... She looks at me then looks away... Then looks back so hard she runs her cart into the deli isle. The husband looks at me all pissed off...lol I just shrug my shoulders and smile at him... My wife laughs and comes up behind me grabs my ass and says can't take you any where.
I should qualify this and say the lady was not cute or anything. It was just nice to get that level of attention againSmile

Off to workout before churchSmile
08-30-2015, 10:32 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
RE: Funny story about getting muscles back
Iv pretty much had to stop shoulder press from my routine. Doing pure bodybuilding type upper body routine with a starting strength approach to squats. Hoping to build up my last set to 20 reps as the weights in my gym don't go much past 100kg.

Plus side I should be hitting 13 stone by the end of next month. I'm surprised that hitting extra volume with lower weights hasn't stopped me gaining weight.
08-31-2015, 12:54 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

Rick... I used to just be into heavy weights... It fucked my shoulder and lower back...

I have read lots of science on hyptrophy and volume. From what I have read volume style work can add lots of muscle and does great things for growth hormone production. I do mostly volume workouts now. I find them easier on joints. I also have not been training to deep into failure anymore. I stop when it's hard but not totally awful. Been recovering faster and strength is exploding! Lots more sets and reps each week.

Currently 14 stone. Going to try to get back up to 15 stone but keep my waist at 32 inches.

Arms taped cold at 15.5 inches or 39 cm... Would like 17's again not sure if I can do it with keeping this body fat level... Going to try... For awhile they were just under 15 so that is great growth for 6 weeks or so. Specially at 41.

I'm fine with shoulder press in front of my face its behind the neck that fucks me up. I also don't lower the bar sat my chin... Seems to help.
08-31-2015, 03:12 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
3charm
Check out Kevin Secours

http://combatprofessor1.com/

http://www.montrealsystema.com/Kevin_Secours.php )

Kevins an Intl Systema guru who talks about healing the body with breath work and yoga/tai chi type of technology. Hes talked about training injuries and healing them. To be rolling submission training at his age like he does is impressive-if a person had a broken body they wouldn't even consider that as its taxing on healthy people let alone injured ones.
08-31-2015, 09:21 AM
Find Reply
  • TideRide
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

I checked out the links tide, I think they are just moving slow with the tai chi and going deep in range of motion.

I was hanging some drywall for about a week a few months ago on a house project. It was the best my shoulder has ever felt. Was to busy working to lift but was using it every day in all kinds of positions. The first day or two it hurt but after that it was awesome!
08-31-2015, 10:05 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

@rick,

Was thinking... You know adding weight is one of three ways to increase size... The other two are decreased rest and increased sets/reps.

All three are good and all three at the right time will add size... So if your gym is limited on available weight just focus on the other two.

You need to increase work all three do it... It's also time under tension.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 09:57 AM by threesacharm.)
09-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Max's post:
  • TideRide
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
yeah
you still in the game........

(08-30-2015, 10:32 PM)threesacharm Wrote: So my shoulder has been feeling better. Working out pretty hard. I go grocery shopping with the wife... It's Texas and hot so I have a black wife beater on. I'm pushing the cart... This lady comes in with her husband. She is also pushing the cart... She looks at me then looks away... Then looks back so hard she runs her cart into the deli isle. The husband looks at me all pissed off...lol I just shrug my shoulders and smile at him... My wife laughs and comes up behind me grabs my ass and says can't take you any where.
I should qualify this and say the lady was not cute or anything. It was just nice to get that level of attention againSmile

Off to workout before churchSmile

09-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Find Reply
  • Max
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

Right Max... Need that affirmation once in awhile...
09-04-2015, 01:41 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
fucksong Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Have you guys tried cryotherapy? It's basically where they put you in a freezer for 1-2 min? Floyd Mayweather, The LA Lakers, Tony Robbins do it. Supposed to help speed up recovery times. I did it once after fucking up my back doing deadlifts incorrectly and within 3 days, felt fine.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryotherapy

Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) My personal journey of improving myself as a man and finding happiness

https://kaizenmanofsteel.wordpress.com
09-07-2015, 09:08 AM
Find Reply