Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time to Thailand
[-]
  •
tmy Offline
Stowaway

First time to Thailand
Hey, I'll be in Thailand for the first time, have to decide which cities and islands to visit and what places to skip. After I land in Bangkok, what should be next? Any recommendations?

Is travel insurance really necessary?

I think to bring my laptop in case I decide to write some code, but may be I should just leave it at home and enjoy the land of smiles for the whole month without touching the keyboard.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016, 08:23 PM by tmy.)
03-12-2016, 08:22 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Global Offline
Lieutenant

RE: First time to Thailand
Time in country?

Bank roll?

I wouldnt worry about any insurance.
03-12-2016, 09:19 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rick91's post:
  • Alex
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Get some decent pics of yourself up on thaifriendly and basically copy and paste " you look cute what's your line" to any girl you want to bang between the ages of 18- I'v seen hot women well into their 40s on there.
03-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
pygmalion2 Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Can you get roids legally in BKK?
03-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
tmy Offline
Stowaway

I'll be there for one month. So what islands should I visit and how long to stay on each island?
03-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
I'd go with the flow. Some islands will be better than others depending on what your into and time of year.

Breakdown

Samui- most hardcore pro and ladyboy place there is outside pattaya IMO within cheweng which is where nightlife is and it's expensive compared to elsewhere

Koi tao- I thought was really cool small island place- scuba diving and reasonable amount of Thai girls

Phi phi- more expensive tonnes of backpackers- has hottest backpackers out of anywhere- I got action everynight I was there with Thais and 1 Brazilian. It's the hardest island to find actual Thai girls at night though

Ko phangan- 2 totally different experiences depending if the full moon party is on. I actually like both extremes. Possibly cheaper than the north is in off season. Even in low season still have Blackmoon/half moon parties I'm not into festival scene at all but I thought they were awesome and they're just as easy to get laid as the full moons. I prefer low season overall.

Phuket- doesn't really feel like an island. Much better than Samui IMO though

I'd spend upto a week in the like of phangan and just a few days in smaller islands but really it all depends on who you meet and what happens
Also anyone claiming all the girls on tf are all trash are just flat out shooting themselves in the foot in some attempt at self aggrandisement. There is some good pickings on there which don't take long to find. As an above average white guy within bkk there is no better online dating market in the world at this time.

That's not to say don't check out clubs and give daygame a shot when the mood strikes just don't neglect to take advantage of how much good times can come from tf.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016, 11:04 PM by Rick91.)
03-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
tmy Offline
Stowaway

(03-12-2016, 10:50 PM)Rick91 Wrote: I'd go with the flow. Some islands will be better than others depending on what your into and time of year.

Breakdown

Samui- most hardcore pro and ladyboy place there is outside pattaya IMO within cheweng which is where nightlife is and it's expensive compared to elsewhere

Koi tao- I thought was really cool small island place- scuba diving and reasonable amount of Thai girls

Phi phi- more expensive tonnes of backpackers- has hottest backpackers out of anywhere- I got action everynight I was there with Thais and 1 Brazilian. It's the hardest island to find actual Thai girls at night though

Ko phangan- 2 totally different experiences depending if the full moon party is on. I actually like both extremes. Possibly cheaper than the north is in off season. Even in low season still have Blackmoon/half moon parties I'm not into festival scene at all but I thought they were awesome and they're just as easy to get laid as the full moons. I prefer low season overall.

Phuket- doesn't really feel like an island. Much better than Samui IMO though

I'd spend upto a week in the like of phangan and just a few days in smaller islands but really it all depends on who you meet and what happens
Also anyone claiming all the girls on tf are all trash are just flat out shooting themselves in the foot in some attempt at self aggrandisement. There is some good pickings on there which don't take long to find. As an above average white guy within bkk there is no better online dating market in the world at this time.

That's not to say don't check out clubs and give daygame a shot when the mood strikes just don't neglect to take advantage of how much good times can come from tf.

Thanks mate,
How about Chiang Mai? leave it to the end?
03-13-2016, 12:03 AM
Find Reply
  • TideRide
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Yeah it's worth a visit I stayed for a month and had my first legit brutal squirter up there. Cool place.

I'd recommend doing bkk for however long suits you (if done wrong you'll hate it and want to leave if done right you probably won't want to leave at all) then tour the islands the head up north to chiang mai and pai before having a couple of days in bkk before you leave.

Consider flights where you can they're pretty cheap. Buses are just as much hassle yet consume huge chunks of vacation time.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2016, 12:45 AM by Rick91.)
03-13-2016, 12:45 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
tmy Offline
Stowaway

^how many days to stay in Bangkok and how many in Chiang Mai?
Does it matter if I book the inside flight in advance or a day before? I guess I have to bring the laptop with me to book the hotels and flights
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2016, 01:02 AM by tmy.)
03-13-2016, 01:00 AM
Find Reply
  • TideRide
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Do not book hotels in Thailand you will pay like 200% more. Just find out an area with guest houses and ask if they're guest friendly.

Also it's much better to not have an itinerary and just go with the flow. Not really the travel agents were still as cheap as the flights on skyscanner when we checked.
03-13-2016, 03:05 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
tmy Offline
Stowaway

My laptop is 17" and weights 2.7 kg, is it too much hassle to carry? how about buying a smaller netbook like 13" in Thailand?
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2016, 05:53 AM by tmy.)
03-13-2016, 05:52 AM
Find Reply
  • TideRide
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
You get backpacks specifically built for handling laptops and being sized in a way ideal for hand luggage.

I own this one. Fits perfectly and is very sturdy for a backpack.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Lap...121&sr=1-7
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2016, 06:57 AM by Rick91.)
03-13-2016, 06:56 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
tmy Offline
Stowaway

But isn't 17" laptop too inconvenient to travel with?
03-13-2016, 07:01 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Not really. You have a small backpack for laptop and other valuables that you keep on your person at all times while traveling and you have a backpack with clothes and other stuff you put in luggage.

It would be in a conventional backpack maybe. The specially built ones have like padded pockets that fit upto 17 inches perfectly.

I travel with a laptop and iPad. Then again I don't really do shorter trips for the most part now. If I did I would just take an iPad.
03-13-2016, 08:03 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
tmy Offline
Stowaway

My trip is almost 2 months, I consider it a very long trip. Started to worry that I will have nothing to do half of the time
03-13-2016, 08:32 AM
Find Reply