Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Trump Is Unstoppable
[-]
  •
JJ Roberts Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Trump Is Unstoppable
(05-05-2016, 04:55 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: I don't know about that. His dad died in 1999, so that's 17 years, not thirty. And it was estimated that he got anywhere between $40m to $200m. The Dow and the S&P500 haven't even doubled since then so he'd have max $400m now.

Donald Trump has been acting president of his father's organization since 1974.

The S+P has gone up 2,000% since then.
05-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Happy 11th of September Bros.

That shit must really make you livid though surely Ed. It being a government conspiracy and all, and D. Drumpf don't even know it happened.

His denial of the truth must be like a dagger to your heart.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016, 09:11 PM by Sexiback.)
05-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
(05-05-2016, 05:36 PM)calamansi Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 04:03 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: ^I just can't imagine why you'd be concerned about Trump when your own country is run by a SJW with a hard-on for Muslim migrants.

Couple things:

1) Where did I say I was concerned about Trump? What I said was that I find it hard to understand how Trump supporters are not bothered by the things that John Oliver brilliantly distilled into just a few minutes of video.

2) You know very well that my nationality, Trudeau or his policies have absolutely nothing to do with Trump. I've seen enough of your posts to know that you can debate on a much, much higher level than this. Either you're trolling somehow (though I don't get it), or you're having a highly emotional reaction that prevents you from forming a sensible argument in favor of Trump. (Which I understand because forming a sensible argument for him is nigh impossible. LOL)

Seriously. The guy is a clown. What is so sad is that a fair number of Americans actually WANT him to represent them. They actually want him to be the face of the US. That doesn't bode well for the US.

The only comfort is knowing that one man doesn't control the world. He is only a representative and his particular opinions or policies won't have that much of an effect on the overall picture four years down the road.

But that still leaves you with having him as your brand. I'm actually secretly rooting for him because he will provide an endless amount of fodder for comedians and I like comedy. Smile

You're over-analyzing something that is quite simple...

Trump is a rogue. Nobody in D.C green-lighted his candidacy, or pumped money into his campaign. They're all scared stiff what he might do. 

He basically single-handedly destroyed the Republican party. If you're anti-establishment, hate politicians, etc...you're going to vote for Trump (whatever his flaws may be). 

His clowning behavior is actually brilliant self-promotion...which he's used effectively to get several billion dollars in FREE media coverage.
05-06-2016, 04:32 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
(05-05-2016, 09:10 PM)Sexiback Wrote: Happy 11th of September Bros.

That shit must really make you livid though surely Ed. It being a government conspiracy and all, and D. Drumpf don't even know it happened.

His denial of the truth must be like a dagger to your heart.

Trump has been one of the biggest proponents of 9/11 "conspiracy" theories. Obviously, you don't know much about the man.
05-06-2016, 04:34 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
calamansi Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
(05-05-2016, 08:45 PM)JJ Roberts Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 04:55 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: I don't know about that. His dad died in 1999, so that's 17 years, not thirty. And it was estimated that he got anywhere between $40m to $200m. The Dow and the S&P500 haven't even doubled since then so he'd have max $400m now.

Donald Trump has been acting president of his father's organization since 1974.

The S+P has gone up 2,000% since then.

(05-06-2016, 04:32 AM)SpecialEd Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 05:36 PM)calamansi Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 04:03 PM)SpecialEd Wrote: ^I just can't imagine why you'd be concerned about Trump when your own country is run by a SJW with a hard-on for Muslim migrants.

Couple things:

1) Where did I say I was concerned about Trump? What I said was that I find it hard to understand how Trump supporters are not bothered by the things that John Oliver brilliantly distilled into just a few minutes of video.

2) You know very well that my nationality, Trudeau or his policies have absolutely nothing to do with Trump. I've seen enough of your posts to know that you can debate on a much, much higher level than this. Either you're trolling somehow (though I don't get it), or you're having a highly emotional reaction that prevents you from forming a sensible argument in favor of Trump. (Which I understand because forming a sensible argument for him is nigh impossible. LOL)

Seriously. The guy is a clown. What is so sad is that a fair number of Americans actually WANT him to represent them. They actually want him to be the face of the US. That doesn't bode well for the US.

The only comfort is knowing that one man doesn't control the world. He is only a representative and his particular opinions or policies won't have that much of an effect on the overall picture four years down the road.

But that still leaves you with having him as your brand. I'm actually secretly rooting for him because he will provide an endless amount of fodder for comedians and I like comedy. Smile

You're over-analyzing something that is quite simple...

Trump is a rogue. Nobody in D.C green-lighted his candidacy, or pumped money into his campaign. They're all scared stiff what he might do. 

He basically single-handedly destroyed the Republican party. If you're anti-establishment, hate politicians, etc...you're going to vote for Trump (whatever his flaws may be). 

His clowning behavior is actually brilliant self-promotion...which he's used effectively to get several billion dollars in FREE media coverage.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the election. :-D
05-06-2016, 05:25 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Did you guys catch the terrorist attack in Orlando?

It's the biggest one since 9/11. 50+ people are dead.

Man, I got lots of friends in Orlando...that's some scary shit.

The good news is--there should be a massive gay turnout for Donald Trump this election. He's the only one promising to keep the muslim migrant masses at bay.
06-13-2016, 08:40 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
I expect Trump to get a lot of (deserved) criticism for the way he immediately went into point-scoring mode on this one, but once again he's probably going to come out with a net-positive from this tragedy. He's been very adept at directing where the conversation goes and making sure it plays to his strengths. So instead of talking about the need for gun-control I imagine there will be a decent amount of anti-Islam focus from the media and that is exactly what he wants.

One thing worth noting about this attack is that it wasn't by a Muslim migrant. The guy who carried out the attack was US born. To me it seems like a clear case of a repressed homosexual unable to accept his own sexuality. The rage built up over time and eventually he let it out in the least healthy way possible. People should be discussing how in the 21st century the majority of Americans still buy into ideologies that tell you not to accept yourself if you happen to go against certain parts of 1000+ year old texts. Any culture of repression or prohibition ultimately leads to violent and horrific out bursts, and this might be one of the most unfortunate ones I've ever seen. My deepest sympathies go out to anybody affected by what happened.
06-13-2016, 09:29 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
The gun control argument has been done to death. Criminals can always gun up.

When you live in a society where only the government has weapons, then you're one step away from tyranny.

The attacker may be have been U.S born...but so what? He was a radicalized Afghan whose father is an open supporter of the Taliban. He had no business being here.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...iller.html

Take a look at that pic. Yea, that's an all-American boy right there...

Often, the 2nd generation are more radicalized than the first (for whatever reason). In any case, all the muzzies in the U.S/UK/Europe need to be sent home. Their beliefs are not compatible with ours.

No doubt there are a lot of closet gays in the Muslim world. If anything, the lack of access to women probably turns a lot of men queer. But look at that the way gays are treated there. Bunch of fucking barbaric cunts...

*I will add that though I disdain Muslim values, I don't think we should be bombing their countries. They should be free to practice their barbarism in their homeland*
06-13-2016, 09:55 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Global Offline
Lieutenant

would not care if we rounded up every last muslim and shipped them back to that toilet bowl called the ME.
06-13-2016, 02:28 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
(06-13-2016, 02:28 PM)Dash Global Wrote: would not care if we rounded up every last muslim and shipped them back to that toilet bowl called the ME.

Yea, Qatar would be a nice spot for them.  Wink

Who knows Dash...maybe you can teach the repatriated muzzie kids some Western decency!
06-13-2016, 02:41 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
calamansi Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
Just saw that a foreign woman reported getting raped in Qatar. She's now in jail for having premarital sex. WTF.
06-13-2016, 08:48 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(06-13-2016, 09:55 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: The gun control argument has been done to death. Criminals can always gun up.

When you live in a society where only the government has weapons, then you're one step away from tyranny.

I'd be more concerned about only a few people controlling 90% of major media outlets than only the government having weapons.

The fact that a guy who had been reported to the FBI twice was able to easily obtain firearms is laughable.  Controls need to be stricter and people should have to prove a certain degree of mental stability (ideally free of harmful ideologies) before being able to legally buy a gun.

If the counter argument to that is well they'd buy guns on the black market anyway, then you need to look into how much more guns cost when bought illegally in countries that do have strict control.
06-13-2016, 10:42 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Global Offline
Lieutenant

Hicks, do you have an example?

Was debating some guy and he claimed that a handgun in Australia off the street costs 15k. Not sure I can believe that.

Even if it was true, Australia and USA have vastly different demographics. Very low demand for illegal firearms in Australia.

If the US did ban guns, people would simply make them in the backyard and the price would go down to a suitable level due to supply and competition.
06-13-2016, 10:46 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
Australia would have been the example I'd have used as they completely changed their gun policy and it would be the best example of a country going from an open gun policy to a restricted one, but here's something I found more US-centric:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...rearm.html
06-13-2016, 11:27 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
(06-13-2016, 10:42 PM)Hicks Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 09:55 AM)SpecialEd Wrote: The gun control argument has been done to death. Criminals can always gun up.

I'd be more concerned about only a few people controlling 90% of major media outlets than only the government having weapons.

The fact that a guy who had been reported to the FBI twice was able to easily obtain firearms is laughable.  Controls need to be stricter and people should have to prove a certain degree of mental stability (ideally free of harmful ideologies) before being able to legally buy a gun.

If the counter argument to that is well they'd buy guns on the black market anyway, then you need to look into how much more guns cost when bought illegally in countries that do have strict control.

Only low-IQ peons actually watch the mainstream networks for their news. So it doesn't affect me. 

Should I need to arm up and defend myself one day, I want guns to be readily available. 

The State is a far bigger concern to me than lone wolf crazies. 

Just look at the U.K, hicks...they're arresting people for tweets! It's tyrannical. America isn't far behind. 

When you jabber on about saving lives by banning guns, the powers-at-be are grinning ear to ear. They don't want an informed populace. And they certainly don't want a well-armed one.
06-14-2016, 01:06 AM
Find Reply