Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip report: Rio de Janeiro
[-]
  •
mrjimmypa Offline
Stowaway

Trip report: Rio de Janeiro
Ok, this is my first time doing one of these..

I know Rio has been done to death on the RVF but I just got back and maybe I stumbled onto some info that could help somebody planning a trip there soon, so here it is:

I spent a little over a month in Brazil and most of that time was spent in Rio, although I did check out a few other cities. I found Rio to be amazing! Brazilian women were great!

I had a pretty big crew there (5 deep for most of the trip) and we had 2 apartments in Copacabana, around Posto 6 area like 2 blocks off of the beach. In my opinion, if you can afford to get your own place you should definitely do so, it makes banging girls much, much easier. All the hostels that I stayed at (not many) had pretty strict rules about bringing 'guests' back, even if you have a private room. My suggestion would be to stay somewhere in Zona Sul i.e. Copa, Ipanema, Leblon ect. I say this because if the weather is nice day game at the beach and the little juice bars along the beach is pretty easy to pull off. However, I didn't party too much in Zona Sul at night because I thought other areas were much better. So here's a quick rundown of the bars we frequented:

Friday Night: We pretty much always ended up in Lapa on Friday nights to do the street party. I would say get there a little early (around 9:30pm) and drink on the street for a bit, it's a more economical way to catch a buzz than going straight to the club and there's some talent on the street too and it's an all around good time. I went to a few clubs in Lapa but the best one was Rio Scenarium (sp?) Do yourself a favor and don't go to Teatreo Ossidia(sp) it's a shithole and the cover and drink prices aren't worth it. The highest thing I saw here was a 6 and she was being swarmed. Scenarium is a good venue though it has 3 levels.. Samba on the 1st floor, Pop/club music on the main dance floor on the second level and a smoking area up top.

Saturday Night: I Can't stress this enough, for Saturday nights, go to an area called 'Barra de Tijuca' it's a neighborhood about 25 minutes from Copa via cab. My favorite venue there is a club called '[b]Nuth' pronounced 'Nooch' in Portuguese. By far the best talent of any place I went in Brazil. There won't be many girls here that aren't hot. It's kind of expensive and kind of out of the way but in my opinion totally worth every Real. Note: If you're going there on a Saturday, get there early the line is ridiculous. Located along the street where Nuth is are a couple of other clubs that are pretty good too, but Nuth has the hottest girl. But hey, check them all out if you have time.

During the week: I wasn't all that impressed with Rio's options during the weeknights for nightlife so I tried to set up dates with girls that I met at the clubs and didn't close or girls that I met on the beach during the day. However, if you find yourself alone and horny on a weeknight [b]Monday or Tuesday:
There's a club called Meltin Leblon. I wasn't a huge fan of this place but it will do in a pinch. Downstairs has live Samba and upstairs is a dance floor that is way too dark for my liking and is packed with backpacker crowd, although there are some Cariocas thrown in for good measure. Out of 2 nights here I was able to close a decent 6.5 Brazilian chick and I struck out the other time. Sunday Night: Hit up a club called 'Casa Rosa' in Laranjaras about 15 to 20 mins in a cab from Copa. Plenty of hot, local chicks here but get there really early because it starts at about 6pm and closes down around 1am. Another spot for weekdays is a place called Emporio in Ipanema. I didn't really like this place at all. It's big with the backpacker crowd as well, but I really don't know why. Most of the local girls that you'll meet here are 'working' but it is probably a good place to 'shore'. Buy your beers from the vendors on the street and just hang out outside the bar (that's what everyone does)

For day game, like I said before, the beach is where it's at! Plenty of hotties getting sun in skimpy bikinis. Go to the beach in Ipanema, as it has much better girls than Copa. I found the girls in Rio really easy to open and they mostly all seemed up for chatting with gringos.

[b]Shoring:
If shoring is your thing, there are plenty of venues to try your hand. The best ones are Dolce Vita (aka balcony bar) and Kalabra. But be warned, most of these girls are just working.

Side notes:
Get in shape before you hit Rio! The beach culture here is big and most Cariocas are in good shape, you want to be also.

Try to pick up some basic Portuguese before you come for day to day dealings with taxis, restaurants ect. But most of the girls you meet out will have at least some English.

Rio is EXPENSIVE! I found the prices to be about the same as what you will pay in the U.S. for most things.

Check out Ilha Grande if you have the time. It's about 3 hours from Rio but it's worth going to for a few days during the week. Not too much local talent there, so either shoot for traveler girls or bring a hottie with you.

In closing, Rio is AWESOME! However, it's not Narnia, you still need to have game, but if a Brazilian chick likes you, you'll know it. I didn't run across any bullshit games or attitudes you find with western women. Get to Rio and have a blast. HAPPY HUNTING!
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2012, 01:16 PM by mrjimmypa.)
10-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
RE: Trip report: Rio de Janeiro
Great info, thanks JimmyPA.

Can you give an indication of prices in Rio?
10-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Nice stuff

You didnt hit up any clubs in Flamengo and Botafogo?

Who did you get your apartments from? Price?

Are you black, white, ect?

How many bitches did you slay in Rio?

How were you communicating with girls?

I popped my International Swooping cherry in Rio! Its a shame really as I was so wet behind the ears and had no where near the knowledge and experience I have now.

Wasnt there long. Hit the wrong venues at night. Didnt due any day game. Struck out with the reg local chicks. Only country I have threw up a big donut. Granted I wasnt trying hard. The only thing that saved this trip was shoring. The Balcony Bar delivered for me every night I went there. It was just crazy how easy it was to get girls to go back to the apartment without money evolved.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2012, 12:30 AM by Dash.)
10-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Mixx Offline
Jedi-Master Mixx

Afghanistan
Funny, I spent 3 months in Rio, went to ALL the places the OP mentioned and NEVER GOT LAID IN 3 MONTHS. I finally had to resort to high end hookers for ass.

that club nuth is full of SNOBS AND STUCK UP PATRICINHAS! I even did mall game st the Barra shopping district, NEVER GOT LAID! I consider myself a very good looking Spanish guy, who dresses EXTREMELY WELL - GQ STYLE!!

Also, that get in shape mentality is bullshit! I saw a ton if whales and fat slobs in rio. A LOT OF FAT GIRLS IN RIO - LOTS!! Not to mention the old 60 year old mene everywhere walking around in speedos for fucks sake!!

Oh yeah, I also speak FLUENT PORTUGUESE! However, I am not Anglo white, I am Latino. However, I dress GQ' and the local guys dress like shit! I still did not get laid.

If you are Latino, stay away from Rio, I had better luck in Brasilia and Sao Paolo!

Needless to say I will never return to Rio, or recomme d anybody not white go there unless its to fuck cheap hookers.

Bottom Line: I bet my next check that the OP is white - Rio is not the place to go as a foreigner as a non-white, unless you are a local Brazilian man - with local Brazilian caveman game and a nice social circle.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2012, 09:41 AM by Mixx.)
10-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
chochemonger1 Offline
Boatswain

(10-23-2012, 09:30 AM)Mixx Wrote: Funny, I spent 3 months in Rio, went to ALL the places the OP mentioned and NEVER GOT LAID IN 3 MONTHS. I finally had to resort to high end hookers for ass.

that club nuth is full of SNOBS AND STUCK UP PATRICINHAS! I even did mall game st the Barra shopping district, NEVER GOT LAID! I consider myself a very good looking Spanish guy, who dresses EXTREMELY WELL - GQ STYLE!!

Also, that get in shape mentality is bullshit! I saw a ton if whales and fat slobs in rio. A LOT OF FAT GIRLS IN RIO - LOTS!! Not to mention the old 60 year old mene everywhere walking around in speedos for fucks sake!!

Oh yeah, I also speak FLUENT PORTUGUESE! However, I am not Anglo white, I am Latino. However, I dress GQ' and the local guys dress like shit! I still did not get laid.

If you are Latino, stay away from Rio, I had better luck in Brasilia and Sao Paolo!

Needless to say I will never return to Rio, or recomme d anybody not white go there unless its to fuck cheap hookers.

Bottom Line: I bet my next check that the OP is white - Rio is not the place to go as a foreigner as a non-white, unless you are a local Brazilian man - with local Brazilian caveman game and a nice social circle.

Dont go to Brasilia again Mixx. Stayed one month there and it has been ruined (went 2 years ago for 10 days and had a blast). You can still get laid there of course, but they are becoming more and more like DC/American girls by the day.
10-24-2012, 03:08 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Mixx Offline
Jedi-Master Mixx

Afghanistan
(10-24-2012, 03:08 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote: Dont go to Brasilia again Mixx. Stayed one month there and it has been ruined (went 2 years ago for 10 days and had a blast). You can still get laid there of course, but they are becoming more and more like DC/American girls by the day.

Shit, you may was well tell me not to go to Brazil again for that matter. Brasil is really not all that; women are way hotter in Ukraine.

honestly, if I never go to Brasil again for the rest of my life, I'm cool with that - I'm not missing out on anything.

Brazilian girls are extremely easy to fuck outside of brazil, especially Orlando, FL!! Just go to any outlet mall, you literally feel you are in Brazil, except that now they are on your turf, playing by your rules, and their bithc shields ar almost non-existent - not kidding. I could never figure out what they are the TOTAL OPPOSITE OF COLOMBIAN GIRLS ON US SOIL!

Mixx
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2012, 03:24 AM by Mixx.)
10-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
chochemonger1 Offline
Boatswain

(10-24-2012, 03:24 AM)Mixx Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 03:08 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote: Dont go to Brasilia again Mixx. Stayed one month there and it has been ruined (went 2 years ago for 10 days and had a blast). You can still get laid there of course, but they are becoming more and more like DC/American girls by the day.

Shit, you may was well tell me not to go to Brazil again for that matter. Brasil is really not all that; women are way hotter in Ukraine.

honestly, if I never go to Brasil again for the rest of my life, I'm cool with that - I'm not missing out on anything.

Brazilian girls are extremely easy to fuck outside of brazil, especially Orlando, FL!! Just go to any outlet mall, you literally feel you are in Brazil, except that now they are on your turf, playing by your rules, and their bithc shields ar almost non-existent - not kidding. I could never figure out what they are the TOTAL OPPOSITE OF COLOMBIAN GIRLS ON US SOIL!

Mixx

Third world Brazil (2nd or 3rd tier cities) is still a pussy paradise for a latin or any foreigner who knows portuguese fluently. Though most will be tanned skinned young girls But you like that white meat Mixx, so happy hunting in Ukraine.
10-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zak Offline
Stowaway

Didn't much like the locals in Rio over the course of two visits and in Zona Sul especially. The city's location is stunning though. I honestly don't feel that I'm missing a thing. Rio is played out; gringo men are now often tagged as sex tourists and it is very expensive. Don't forget the crime either.

I keep wondering when people will realise that the glory days are largely over in Rio. Now, high level Portuguese, connections, game and money are a guarantee of fun , but if you are weak in one or more area, it gets much harder.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but it is over sold and I personally have moved on to pastures new.

10-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Iam white brazil is on my list!
10-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
mrjimmypa Offline
Stowaway

deb auchery: Prices in Rio are pretty expensive, basically think slightly less than American city prices for most things. (Drinks, meals, laundry, ect)

Dash: I did hit up Botafogo to meet some hottie that I did day game on wile on the beach in Leblon. I don't recall the name of the place though, I was pretty drunk.

I rented my place from some dude we met through a local chick my amigo was banging. I think we were charged too much but we were paying 240 Reals a night. (About $120) for a 2bedroom 1bath but the location was nice.

I'm a white American guy 27yrs old 6' 1" tall, decent shape and I have blue eyes, which the Cariocas loved. haha

All in all in the month+ I spent in Brazil I fucked 6 local girls, 1 Argentine backpacker, 1 English girl, 1 American(ew) and a Scottish chick. I feel like I could have done more locals but I met a stunner that I ended up spending a fair amount of time with.

Communicating with girls was hit or miss. I feel like if you go to higher end clubs, you'll meet girls that speak at least enough English to get by. Day game on the beach sometimes resulted in me getting shut down because the girl didn't speak any English but some did.

10-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
HunterBonito Offline
Boatswain

hello friends, I have read Belem is wonderful for semi-pro girls. Girls have bigger breast than every other brazilian town (it is famous for this matter) and Belem is less expensive than Rio. But I never went to Belem. Does anybody know Belem?
02-08-2015, 12:57 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
HappyDude Offline
Stowaway

Afghanistan
great report. thx!
03-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Find Reply