• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you had $5,000 to invest in a low risk way
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
RE: If you had $5,000 to invest in a low risk way
im not trying to get big returns, i am looking for any way to make more than 8 cents a month that i currently get from my bank

if i could not tie up the money and put 5k in some sort of anything that would have me making even $100 a year off it i would be happy because it atleast its something, obv id like more but according to some people i asked there are basically no low to no risk options out there anymore
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com
friends blog: http://nomadphilippines.com/

05-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
calamansi Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
If you've got 5k to spare, get on the other side of Upwork and hire people for $1/article and throw a blog together. Pay someone $30 to set it all up for you and make it look nice. Just about any topic in the world would give you a return on that if the articles are well researched, no?
05-25-2016, 08:56 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
how good of work do you expect to get for $1?
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com

05-25-2016, 09:58 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
JJ Roberts Offline
Lieutenant

@calamansi

Do you have any experience of doing such a thing with success?
05-25-2016, 10:56 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
calamansi Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
@nomad Depends how you present it. Everyone on Upwork has heard the same strategy. Start out by practically working for free (very cheap) and if you do good work, up your rates slowly as you build your rep. Because of this, there are tons of people trying to make a name for themselves on Upwork and willing to work for almost nothing. Maybe $1 is a stretch, sure, but I'd bet you could get some decent articles for not much more than that. Just have to promise "more work to come for those who prove themselves" or some shit like that. Worst case I can figure is that you get a non-native writing it for you and you have to proof the work before posting. Five, ten minutes unless it's really bad. If you can sucker 20 people into writing 5 articles each for under $3, that's $300 you'll spend on 100 articles to be THE go to site on whatever little niche bullshit topic you want. To recoup that with AdSense alone, you'll need, what, 150,000 page views? If that? A little SEO with the right long tails and would that be hard to hit? Each article would pay itself off with 1500 views.

Shit, it started as kind of a joke, but I think I might give this a shot for real. LOL. I'm not seeing any obvious flaws here and with a little bit of smoothing of the edges, I might end up with something. haha

@JJ Nope. I pulled it directly out of my stinking asshole.
05-26-2016, 03:02 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
I reckon that could be totally viable. Set up one of those clickbait list sites "10 hidden holiday destinations" "10 craziest holiday destinations" etc etc. Run some SEO and fb ads and it WILL get views. Facebookers love travel.
05-26-2016, 12:17 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
seems like now would be THE TIME to get in on something, what is an investment that looks a whole lot prettier after this weeks events that is highly likely to recover........ not looking to get rich here, looking for low to no risk

06-26-2016, 12:02 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
geekindex Offline
Lieutenant

Germany
Yeah, set up a site helping young Brits to leave UK and work in more open areas of the world...
06-27-2016, 06:55 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Why didnt one of you fools tell me to hedge with a punt on brexit. They were offering 14-1 at one stage. Even on Thursday evening they were still offering 9-1. I'm bleeding money here. Fucking pound is down to 1.28 to the CHF. Fuck me.
06-27-2016, 11:07 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
JJ Roberts Offline
Lieutenant

Sad about the brexit but the last few days have been my best ever in the performance of my ETFs

Most of my profit has come from my bonds ETFs
06-28-2016, 05:49 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

I've just had the report on the bullk of my investments, the big one is doing ok, cross hedged it with the the dollar fund. But I doubt things are gonna pick up anytime soon.
06-28-2016, 05:59 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
I'd invest it in books and courses and my self education and learn how to make more money and turn the £5000 to £5,000,000.

(said the guy who actually did it)

I'm going to throw £20,000 on my first short film... don't give a damn, I've been dreaming about this since I was 16. The script is excellent, if I don't fuck up I'll win some prizes and then raising real money for production / getting talented people to work with me would be easy. It actually already is, just based on the strength of the script of this short I'm doing now. People who read it are blown away.

If I win with this one prizes, for example, then I'd write a feature and it would be easy (based on the strength of the feature + the prizes from the short) to get funding for a low budget feature.

It's an adventure! I'll do this 2-3 years and if I suck -> moving to Greece and opening a Taverna just for fun.

To me it's obvious that we should have several careers over the years. We do something we're passionate about, then we consume that passion and move to the next one.... and then the next.

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2016, 08:14 PM by 007 Game.)
06-28-2016, 08:02 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
JJ Roberts Offline
Lieutenant

@007

Hey dude

Tell me about your film

Whats it about?

Can I see a script?
06-28-2016, 08:48 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Jesssmart Offline
Stowaway

I live in Canada, and am looking to start investing in Real Estate! Looking to speak to other investors willing to offer their advice on how to start up. I consulted the real estate lawyer here, but still looking for investors with real life experience.
04-23-2019, 04:45 PM
Find Reply