Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britain Is Leaving the EU...... Now What?
[-]
  •
PlanetOzzy Offline
Lieutenant

United States
Britain Is Leaving the EU...... Now What?
I'm not sure what to make of this. After all I'm an 18 year old college student with little knowledge of the global economy and markets. Is this bad? It seems like it based on the things I'm seeing on twitter. It's supposedly going to affect us Americans as well. Is there racism behind all of this? Let's discuss.
06-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rick91's post:
  • TideRide
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
RE: Britain Is Leaving the EU...... Now What?
Hahaha. People calling people racists is behind this.
06-24-2016, 02:27 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpecialEd's post:
  • Hicks
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
It's a good thing.

Britain gets her sovereignty back.

Though I hope we stay in the EEA. I like being able to travel/live throughout Europe without papers.
06-24-2016, 02:28 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Yep. Gonna be a mess for a while. Losing a lot of money right now, but can't do anything about it. Camerons just stepped down.

It's not racism. it's peoples legit fear of being overrun by foreigners. The EU really is a bit like  cancer, it's outgrown itself and now it's eating itself up from within while doing damage all around it. I fear a little for the union of the united kingdom. I feel for the Scots and Irish. They wanted to stay. Make no mistake, the old people decided they wanted out, they made a decision that will effect the younger generation far more tha themselves. Quite selfish I find, but the remain campaign totally failed to get the  young voters to turn up. Everyones gonna blame Cameron of course. I refuse though. It was a pretty nasty campaign fought by UKIP and Boris Johnson, whom I don't want as PM. He's a backstabbing opportunist and if he becomes PM without being elected I'll feel disgusted. Not another Gordon Brown. Cameron should do him one by calling a general election. He won't though, because that would mean more uncertainty.

It's quite staggering how the bookies and city knew nothing. They were completely confident remain would take it. Wouldn't want to be an investment banker or trader today. Their heads be spinning right now.

If those running the EU, whoever they may be, have any sense for reality they will now quickly announce a willingness to reform, if not, it's gonna slowly come apart. People were fed up with the EU in 2005. Nothings changed, the opposite they've made more power grabs while delivering no noticeable improvements for average joe. So really, they can go fuck themselves, even though I would have liked the UK to remain, no love lost for those cunts at the EU.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2016, 06:05 PM by Sexiback.)
06-24-2016, 06:02 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Motivations behind the formation of the EU-

http://www.dailystormer.com/the-genocida...behind-it/
06-24-2016, 06:22 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
geekindex Offline
Lieutenant

Germany
Ah well... shortsighted decision based on populistic black-white-propaganda... actually on both sides... anyway. Sure as hell the EU will not tolerate British extra wishes. There will be no thing like keeping the benefits but refusing the duty. And the EU, that is what you get to hear from Germany today, will have to use the necessary changes on the EU-contracts to evolve further.

The EU is the biggest domestic market in the world - bigger than the US and Russia combined. It will get a bit smaller now, but still be bigger than the US alone.

What will follow now will be a breaking apart of the UK. Scotland is preparing to leave, and this time there will be a clear result for independence. After that they will become a member of the EU. Northern Ireland - don't know, but the powers for reunification with Ireland get much stronger now.

It will become interesting what the UK is going to do with all the Polish and Romanian workers powering a vast amount of its economy right now. Leaving the EU will mean, that the labour mobility within Europe will be drastically limited towards the UK. No more Romanian computer experts - but well, many companies in that sector already went to Romania. Now you need to find an English cleaner again for your house or do it yourself, if the Polish are send home. ...

Regarding Ozzy's racism: No, it is not racism in the first place. It is just radical egoism.
06-24-2016, 07:17 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
Tideride, this morning I woke up and found that my coffee maker isn't working anymore. I've had it for a couple of years but I thought it would slowly fade out rather than going from working well to not working at all. I am a bit of a caffeine addict and generally reliant upon drinking 4 or 5 cups of coffee per day, without this my brain just doesn't function. What I want to know is could there be a way to blame my coffee maker's premature demise on the Jews, and is there any literature to support it's lack of functionality being a part of an international Jewish conspiracy?
06-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
It's bad for Ireland. Really bad. GDP will suffer and now we need borders up the north again.
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
06-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

please consult dersturmwiki.com
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2016, 07:38 PM by Sexiback.)
06-24-2016, 07:38 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
(06-24-2016, 06:02 PM)Sexiback Wrote: Yep. Gonna be a mess for a while. Losing a lot of money right now, but can't do anything about it. Camerons just stepped down.

It's not racism. it's peoples legit fear of being overrun by foreigners. The EU really is a bit like  cancer, it's outgrown itself and now it's eating itself up from within while doing damage all around it. I fear a little for the union of the united kingdom. I feel for the Scots and Irish. They wanted to stay. Make no mistake, the old people decided they wanted out, they made a decision that will effect the younger generation far more tha themselves. Quite selfish I find, but the remain campaign totally failed to get the  young voters to turn up. Everyones gonna blame Cameron of course. I refuse though. It was a pretty nasty campaign fought by UKIP and Boris Johnson, whom I don't want as PM. He's a backstabbing opportunist and if he becomes PM without being elected I'll feel disgusted. Not another Gordon Brown. Cameron should do him one by calling a general election. He won't though, because that would mean more uncertainty.

It's quite staggering how the bookies and city knew nothing. They were completely confident remain would take it. Wouldn't want to be an investment banker or trader today. Their heads be spinning right now.

If those running the EU, whoever they may be, have any sense for reality they will now quickly announce a willingness to reform, if not, it's gonna slowly come apart. People were fed up with the EU in 2005. Nothings changed, the opposite they've made more power grabs while delivering no noticeable improvements for average joe. So really, they can go fuck themselves, even though I would have liked the UK to remain, no love lost for those cunts at the EU.

I was for remain but I agree with you mostly. The EU has definitely had a lot of things go wrong recently but our choice was taken from us by selfish old people who will be dead in six years anyway. Without all those EU migrants coming in and working I guess the burden falls even harder on young Brits to pay their huge pensions.

The majority of my cash is in Thai Baht at the moment and I'm actually making money on this whole market meltdown.

I'm expecting within 3-4 years Northern Ireland and Scotland will be on the way to leaving the UK.

The loss of travel benefits doesn't affect me too much. I'll be off down to the Irish embassy to get my dual nationality in the next few weeks.

The entire campaign has been a fucking shitshow on both sides with all-or-nothing radical rhetoric coming from all directions. The one good thing that could come from this I suppose is a renewed effort to shake up the rotten political class.
06-24-2016, 08:38 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Why does Ireland need borders up North- is there still fighting between the Protestant and Catholics around in Belfast or the Pro London and anti-London crowd of citizens? Or is it something else?
06-24-2016, 08:47 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

The impetus to create a physical border would likely be coming from the UK rather than ireland, since that was one of the goals of the referendum to leave, for borders to be re-established.

Migration to the UK won't stop, the origin of people arriving might change a little, but I somehow even doubt that. Those old people need the migrants to take care of them, both in a care sense as well as a financial sense.

I don't think the Union will dissolve. I think the northern irish as well as the scots will make a lot of noise, but once they realise it's not all that big of a deal, they'll just accept what it is. Yes, Scotland and Northern ireland had majorities to remain, but not vast majorities, roughly half of them wanted out too.

I'm not really surprised at the result. The labour party has been a shambles since Blair and his friends were hounded out. Think what you may about Blair personally, he would have gotten Labour voters to the ballot boxes yesterday. Hell, even David Milliband would have. But Corbyn and Red Ed have been utter plonkers, and as with the Shambles that is the Rep. party in US it's bad for the respective democracy.

The next big clusterfuck is the EU itself. I'm sure Cameron told them last summer that he needs something to take back to his voters or they'll get out and the EU thought he was bluffing. They called the bluff and lost. And they might try to stop referendums in other countries, but they can't, surely a nations constitution stands above any EU law or mandate. So unless the EU completely change their tune right now, the Netherlands and eastern europe will be heading for the exit door as well.

Finally Mrs Merkel and the handling of the migrant crisis was the final nail in the coffin really. Merkel dominating, talking over partner states, striking deals in the name of EU while personally being responsible for the sheer scale of the crisis just made matters that much worse. Does anyone doubt the UK would be on their way out if it weren't for the migrant crisis and the nonsense stuff being agreed upon with Turkey? Not in a million years. Of course Mrs. Merkel is remarkably quiet today, not a word. Quite ironic really, the staunchest enforcer of french-german-EU love-ins likely brought the whole thing tumbling down.

I'm interested to see what happens to UKIP and the conservative party. UKIP lost it's reason to exist today. The conservatives.. always sceptical of europe should probably be ok, with a bunch of new faces coming in.

Mumbling dissent against the EU has been growing louder over the last decade, they, whoever they are, cause we never really even know who is in charge of what, haven't listened one bit. This has been coming.
06-24-2016, 10:07 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
Very strange atmosphere in London today. Everybody's grumpy. A lot of my local EU friends suddenly feel unwelcomed.

I've already decided years ago that when I'm "older" (whatever that means) I'm going to buy a house on a Greek island and open a taverna. I think it's going to happen within 2-3 years. I'll just own the place of course, I'll have my lovely [and very young] girlfriend run the place.
06-25-2016, 02:09 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
JJ Roberts Offline
Lieutenant

Was depressed as hell when I saw the results

Then I took a look at how my ETF portfolio reacted and holy shit its my best day EVER

I was expecting a bloodbath of red on those screens and its the total opposite

I am officially confused
06-25-2016, 02:15 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
I was pleased with the result I seem to be at odds with the majority of people in my generation. Scottish people are genuinely retarded. Highly doubtful the EU would even accept them without the oil being up. With the entitlement here and general cluelessness it could very well go same way as Greece.

That's interesting JJ I know if I had a shitload of cash earlier today would have been a great time to invest.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2016, 02:32 AM by Rick91.)
06-25-2016, 02:30 AM
Find Reply