Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coup in Turkey
[-]
  •
MotherRussia Offline
Boatswain

RE: Coup in Turkey
State of Emergency now in Turkey. This is so ridiculous. I've had some people tell me now that he can pass laws without the approval of the parliament, but that has been contradicted by others. Not sure yet. He now has control over the military. Dude is a straight dictator now. I wonder what would happen if Turkey was not a NATO member. That'd be even more interesting. We'd probably see another Inglorious Basterds movie 10 years from now
07-21-2016, 10:50 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Isn't Roost a Turk?

Curious what he thinks of all this... With that beard, he wouldn't look out of place in an ISIS video!
07-21-2016, 12:09 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Not sure he has 'complete' control over the military. Apparently 14 naval ships are "missing" since the coup. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...44141.html

What Ergodan is doing is straight out of Stalins playbook. Can't believe the turks aren't upset about it. All the exiled turks in Germany and places are mostly cheering him on. Just shows how shallow the roots of democracy run.

All our leaders are cowards. What's Obama doing? Surely Turkeys status in NATO has to come into question?
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2016, 04:06 PM by Sexiback.)
07-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Apollo Offline
Boatswain

East Timor
(07-21-2016, 04:05 PM)Sexiback Wrote: Not sure he has 'complete' control over the military. Apparently 14 naval ships are "missing" since the coup. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...44141.html

What Ergodan is doing is straight out of Stalins playbook. Can't believe the turks aren't upset about it. All the exiled turks in Germany and places are mostly cheering him on. Just shows how shallow the roots of democracy run.

All our leaders are cowards. What's Obama doing? Surely Turkeys status in NATO has to come into question?

When it went down I really thought it was strange the silence of most countries, I suppose NATO would barge in guns blazing and reinstate democracy... right? Wrong, they where all chasing pokemons. Big Grin

But yeah, this whole thing smells fishy to say the least.
07-21-2016, 06:05 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Turks true colours showed through in that coup. Bunch of low IQ Islamists who are just itching for violence more or less same as the entire Middle East. I think a ban on Islamic immigration inevitable within my lifetime.

For the life of me I just can't come around to even moderate Muslims. What kind of person thinks taking moral advice from a man who fucked a 9 year old and sentenced his converts to death if they dared leave Islam is a good idea.

They all deserve what's coming to them.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2016, 06:19 PM by Rick91.)
07-21-2016, 06:19 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Well, it's a clusterfuck. Europes leaders, first and foremost Merkel was kissing up to Erdogan in last few months and then he goes and does this. Turns out to be a complete wonnabe dictator who think he can use the islamists to get him total power. It's a dangerous game he's playing. Think the Europeans are just completely shocked how this has blown up in their face. It's been coming though. I think the Germans are scared the 3 mio turks they have in their country will start rioting if German politicans start criticising Erdogan heavily.

EU doing nothing. Not a word. Shows how much they really care about democracy.
07-21-2016, 07:02 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
MotherRussia Offline
Boatswain

I don't know about all that SB. From my understanding, liberal Turks emigrate quite well in others countries. For its problems, Sweden actually has been really successful taking on about 100,000 liberal turks. Apparently, they make a nice life for themselves and weave their way into society. However, I am sure the women don't like it one bit.

RIck - I agree with you. Even moderate Muslims have some extraordinary views. The majority of muslims in western societies still have extreme views. I know Tide and SE won't like this, but these people need to be educated otherwise they grow up molded by society and begin holding and believing these ridiculous views.
07-21-2016, 08:49 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Our way of educating them isn't effective and Islam is too resilient to change. Islam to them is beyond religion it's their identity as a people. Their region has produced nothing of significance to the world other than Islam. Which is why they're so proud of it they're willing use violence on those who mock/question it.

We need to put Muslims with extreme views to be put in the same box as those who do extreme things. Deportation or worse.

If things get really bad which will happen I expect the liberals involved in making this situation worse to be included in the backlash and rightfully so. Starting with that fucking moron Merkel.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2016, 09:06 PM by Rick91.)
07-21-2016, 09:00 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Turks are fine in germany, if you let them be. But they consider themselves Turks. Erdogan visited Germany last year and told a big mass of turks at a rally that they needn't learn german, that they're turks and the germans should build them schools where they can talk and learn turkish.

Whenever there's a kurdish or turkish rally in Germany the opposite side shows up for a brawl. The germans are worried. Right now, pro erdogan supporters are also hassling and assaulting open secular turks in germany. This has been going on a while too. I just heard from my dentist that a turk who wrote a erdogan critical piece here in a very local newspaper was arrested at the airport in turkey last week and questioned for hours and eventually put a flight back here. These turks that live abroad actually report things to the secret police back in Turkey.

Turkey is heading down a dark road and it's very sad.
07-21-2016, 09:27 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
MotherRussia Offline
Boatswain

I didn't know about that. Crazy if true. I wonder what the world will look like 30-40-50 years from now
07-21-2016, 10:25 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpecialEd's post:
  • TideRide
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
^I think we'll very likely see the collapse of Western civilization in our lifetimes. Just as the Chinese civilization (50% of the world economy at the time) collapsed under the Mongol civilization. Or the Roman empire with the Goths...

There's too many fuck-ups in power. Too much debt. Too many free-loaders. And far, FAR too many hostile immigrants.

Best thing to do is to stack paper, and buy a farm somewhere remote - or start some sort of commune somewhere with people you trust. The big cities won't be safe once the global supply chains start breaking down...
07-21-2016, 11:55 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
(07-21-2016, 10:25 PM)MotherRussia Wrote: I didn't know about that. Crazy if true. I wonder what the world will look like 30-40-50 years from now

Yeah, the Turkish deep state has moles and infiltrators in every emigré Turkish community worldwide. It began in iirc the 70s or 80s but their reach is ridiculous.
07-22-2016, 05:29 AM
Find Reply