Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 weeks in Brazil
[-]
  •
Shiny Lord Offline
Deckhand

3 weeks in Brazil
I'm planning to go Brazil for the first time for about 3 weeks beginning of next year. I thought about these places because they are supposed to be nice and not too far away from each other:

- Rio de Janeiro
- Sao Paulo
- Belo Horizonte
- Porto Alegre

What do you think about that choice? I assume that Rio and Sao Paulo will be more like stressful cities with lots of hot women and the other two probably a bit more relaxing. Or are they not at all and I should go to a smaller place instead to get the latter? Do you have any beautiful holiday place in mind that isn't too far away and not just family crap?
11-15-2016, 01:23 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 2 users Like John Doe's post:
  • Shiny Lord, Zolo
John Doe Offline
Boatswain

Switzerland
RE: 3 weeks in Brazil
I've lived 6 months in Brazil. The only large city where I stayed was Rio De Janeiro for 2 weeks. I loved Rio. It was a long time ago and I still think it's one of (if not the) most beautiful cities I've been. If you can go for the carnival, I recommend it warmly. Great experience! You can visit the forest da Tijuca (amazing), the sugar loaf (speechless at sunset), etc. It's rich. You can also go on expeditions outside of Rio: Paraty and Ilha Grande. With these places you cannot go wrong and bring back great memories.

Otherwise I would recommend to you the Northeastern region (Nordeste). It's the historical region where settlers first arrived. Lots of History: slavery, trade, agriculture, etc. You can understand a lot about Brazil there. I would recommend Maceio: Praia do Frances. It was like a magnet to my friends and me. For some reason we kept going back. 

I would also recommend Bahia: (sea)food is incredible and culturally it's great, very rich. Also you have sea turtles refuges (not been there). I was on Ilha Itaparica, I would not recommend it off-season: it's dead, but once again interesting to see how (poor) brazilians are living. You can go to Salvador de Bahia if you want a larger city. 

In the Northeast, my european friends loved Fortaleza, Recife and Natal. I loved São Luis a lot. 

Regarding your other choices, I have no experience: Sao Paulo is supposed to have some of the best food in the World due to so many different cultures there, I just flew from there. Belo Horizonte: only met people from there. Porto Alegre is the South, so it's a different culture.

You can also consider Manaus. People told me this is where the most beautiful girls are. I have not been there.

As a general impression, I would not mind flying 3-6 hours more to discover another part of Brazil. So, if you want to stay in large cities and still discover different parts of Brazil, which is like the US a huge country with many cultures in it, I would consider: 

- Rio de Janeiro: must! unique!
- Manaus
- Salvador de Bahia
- Recife/Natal/Fortaleza: one of the 3, the culture is not so different from one another

You would see the diversity of Brasil and as for pick-up, there will be plenty of beautiful women everywhere anyway. 

Taste the fruit juices: some of the fruits are unique to Brazil. Good opportunity to learn to dance as well: forro, samba (de gafeira not the one of carnival), etc. you can ask the girls there to teach you. Discover the local music: great musicians in Brazil. 

I hope this helps. Brazil is an amazing and unforgettable country, good choice!
11-15-2016, 07:59 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shiny Lord Offline
Deckhand

Thanks a lot for the competent advice.

Looks like Rio and the surrounding area is set.

I'm a bit confused about the northeast though. You say you found it nice and I believe you, but then also I found this Travel Overview Of Northern Brazil by Roosh who basically says that you should skip this northeast if you don't have a lot of time. The bigger cities are supposed to be quite dangerous and very ugly and the girls mediocre. In his opinion the more beautiful girls are south of Salvador. And since you haven't been to the south - probably he is right about that?
11-17-2016, 01:12 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
John Doe Offline
Boatswain

Switzerland
Many people exaggarate the dangerosity of Brazil. If you're smart, very little chance for something to happen to you. As for the girls: to know the truth, you'll have to see it for yourself and make your own opinon. That's why I was proposing you to see different regions. So you can compare. In the end, it's your trip! Enjoy it!
11-17-2016, 01:44 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shiny Lord Offline
Deckhand

I watched a video about Manaus and it seems to be an ugly city with ugly (but easy) girls. Portuguese is essential. The climate is very hot and humid throughout the whole year. And since I've been to the rain forest last year in Peru I think I'm gonna skip on Manaus.

I checked the flights now and it seems to be the cheapest to arrive in Rio and leave from Sao Paulo. So the new plan would be:
- Rio for about a week
- A place in the Northeast (which?)
- Florianopolis which is recommended by many people
- Sao Paulo only for a few days before I leave

So, I'm still unsure about the place in the Northeast:
- Bahia?
Multiple people mention that Bahia is a nice area, but that Salvador is a tourist trap with annoying sellers and made up african tradition show offs.
- Maceio?
Nice beaches around, but the city itself is not so nice appearently.
- Jericoacoara, a nice beach town near Fortaleza that was in the top locations of this guy who made a long data sheet? (https://www.rooshvforum.com/archive/inde...57414.html)

John Doe, what exactly did you love about Sao Luis? Why did your friends favor Recife, Fortaleza and Natal? What makes Praia do Frances better than other beaches around?

I think I will make a choice between Sao Luis vs. Fortaleza+Jericoacoara...
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2016, 01:12 AM by Shiny Lord.)
12-10-2016, 12:54 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
JJ Roberts Offline
Lieutenant

Fernando De Noronha
12-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
milosevic.d Offline
Stowaway

Brazil
Quote:Jericoacoara, a nice beach town near Fortaleza

I'm staying here until January 14th (in Jeri exactly). If you decide to come here (which I strongly recommend), let me know, I'll show you around. Note that anything less than 7 days in Jeri would be too short, so plan accordingly.
12-12-2016, 04:56 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
(12-10-2016, 12:54 AM)Shiny Lord Wrote: I watched a video about Manaus and it seems to be an ugly city with ugly (but easy) girls.

never been but that is what i have heard about manaus as well
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com
friends blog: http://nomadphilippines.com/

12-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shiny Lord Offline
Deckhand

(12-12-2016, 04:56 AM)milosevic.d Wrote:
Quote:Jericoacoara, a nice beach town near Fortaleza

I'm staying here until January 14th (in Jeri exactly). If you decide to come here (which I strongly recommend), let me know, I'll show you around. Note that anything less than 7 days in Jeri would be too short, so plan accordingly.

Thanks for the nice offer. Unfortunately I will not be able to leave to Brazil before 23rd or 26th of January.

I guess by saying at least 7 days you don't mean the town itself, but the area around to discover, like going around with a buggy in the sand dunes and stuff like that?

By the way I just decided to skip on Florianopolis after reading this: https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-7453-...pid1369087
12-13-2016, 11:44 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shiny Lord Offline
Deckhand

So here's my new plan:

Jan 26th: Arrive in Rio at night and stay for 10 days to explore city, hot girls and surrounding area

6th Feb: Natal/Praia de Pipa for 7 days. Fly in to Natal for a short stay to probably find a nice chick to bring to Praia de Pipa, then spend most of the time there. Btw this comparison convinced me that Pipa is the better option for me than Jeri. In short: cheaper than Jeri, better access because closer to other cities, quieter water, beach with dolphin colonies, supposedly more friendly locals and not so much annoying motorbike noise.

14th Feb: Fly to Sao Paulo and have a quick impression of the city for a day before flying back home on 16th.

What do you think? Is 10 days in Rio good or should I cut some of it off to put more days in Natal/Pipa?
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2016, 02:45 AM by Shiny Lord.)
12-14-2016, 01:59 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
no idea why u would want to waste a day flying to sao paulo........ but i hate traveling so...
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com

12-14-2016, 02:08 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
milosevic.d Offline
Stowaway

Brazil
Quote:I guess by saying at least 7 days you don't mean the town itself, but the area around to discover, like going around with a buggy in the sand dunes and stuff like that?

Yes, there are some interesting day trips around the village. But the village itself is also full of life, every night there's a party. And you can do plenty of activities on the water. However, now that you're coming only in February, it's the low season starting, and it will be much less fun (although way cheaper). So in this case I'd go to Pipa also.
12-14-2016, 07:38 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shiny Lord Offline
Deckhand

(12-14-2016, 02:08 PM)nomadphilippines Wrote: no idea why u would want to waste a day flying to sao paulo........ but i hate traveling so...

i'm not sure what you mean by wasting a day. the thing is that i have the choice to either fly back from rio or sao paulo. isn't it a good choice to choose the one you haven't seen yet then? i mean i would have to fly back to rio otherwise and do the same "waste of time". does sao paulo suck so much?
12-15-2016, 02:55 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
ok i was just skimming and saw that, i didnt realize u had to choose to fly to one of the two before flying out, i thought it was flying from rio to sau paulo just to check it out and considered that a bit of a waste, hard to get a real impression of a massive city like sao paulo in a day

basically i am retarded and disregard my comment :p

12-16-2016, 05:11 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shiny Lord Offline
Deckhand

(12-16-2016, 05:11 PM)nomadphilippines Wrote: ok i was just skimming and saw that, i didnt realize u had to choose to fly to one of the two before flying out, i thought it was flying from rio to sau paulo just to check it out and considered that a bit of a waste, hard to get a real impression of a massive city like sao paulo in a day

basically i am retarded and disregard my comment :p

Haha no problem. And yes, the plan you were assuming i had would have been a waste of time indeed.
12-16-2016, 08:44 PM
Find Reply