• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your plans for 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rick91's post:
  • Shanked
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Your plans for 2017
This forum seems to be dying anyway what's your plans for 2017?

I'm all set for Philippines. Heading out in January. Only going to have around £5-6000 so going to have to be budget aware from the beginning. Decided to formulate a plan if I ever go below certain thresholds with various options depending on certain factors.

Will be in Boracay first for 1-4 months. Aims will be immersing myself in boxing and taking up bjj and taking a systematic approach to learning both. 6-7 hours a day could be going towards it. Will also likely live on a camp. I don't just want to attend the classes but study the disciplines in my own time from various resources on the Internet to increase my fight IQ and grasp a full understanding of what's going on.

If internet is solid enough thinking of enlisting in a coaching for profits online poker deal. Should be able to put in 2 X 2.5 hour sessions a day. If all goes well should bring me upto 25nl which could come in handy in the future if I find myself in a tight spot money wise in a cheap country. It should also make me far more competent than just being a nit in live games.

Once my balance reaches £3500 range I will take a 10 day trip to Manila to gauge how feasible living there will be on my budget while sampling the live games. If it's positive will get a place for 1 month at first to see if it's actually possible to build my bankroll instead of just surviving.

If goes well will likely stay in Makati in an ideal location for girls while having somewhere nearby I can still focus on MMA. Will be playing online and live but only live at evening/night. How long I stay here depends on a few factors but I will be aiming to spend last 3 months of year in Thailand.

However if i hit the £3500 mark and my trip to Manila isn't fruitful I will most likely head to Phnom Penh for 3 month Thai visa while also sampling their live scene. Will then likely head onto Samui or Phuket with huge demand for farang fighters and look at focusing on Muay Thai and racking up actual fight experience. Will likely head back home for Christmas hopefully with a healthy enough looking bank account to continue the journey in 2018.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 06:47 AM by Rick91.)
12-05-2016, 06:42 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
RE: Your plans for 2017
try and last the year in sea but not sure ill make it cuz im getting bored of asian girls
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com
friends blog: http://nomadphilippines.com/

12-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
Boracay will feel pretty small after 1-4 months.

My plans:

Feb-March: Colombia

May: 10 days somewhere small like Bhutan, Cape Verde, Sri Lanka. No idea.

July: Visit my brothers in Canada.

Sep-Oct: ?

Heading to Tunisia this weekend for 10 days too.
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
12-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
pygmalion2 Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
How long will $5000 last you in the Phils?

Will you be forced to live in a shithole of a room or studio apartment, or can you get something decent for low price in a tier 2 or tier 3 city?
12-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
5k. I'd say 3-4 months easy. nomadphilippines?
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
12-08-2016, 10:52 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
I have 5000-6000 pounds not dollars.

In boracay will be basic bamboo style works out at 10000 php a month so around £160.

In Manila to get anything decent in worthwhile location will be looking at double that. Philippines sucks shit for apartments compared to Thailand.
12-09-2016, 03:25 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
yes philippines sucks for apartments

i have lived for 850ish a month in both angeles and cebu, in cebu i paid 400ish a month for an apartment but was going totally with freebie girls so didnt spend much outside of rent, food, and taxis/meals for them

in angeles it was 300ish a month but we all know in angeles there is a higher 'entertainment' charge

manila could be done reasonably well for 1kish

but...... this is with cutting corners and like seriously not spending money on anything other than rent food visa jeepneys rare taxis and treating girls to dinners/taxis

i spend far too much time at home to even think about living in some bamboo whatever it is
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com
friends blog: http://nomadphilippines.com/

12-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
JJ Roberts Offline
Lieutenant

2017 should be all about China for me
12-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Trying to start my own web dev business. Putting everything I can into it to make it work. Plan is to get the ball rolling then work for clients remotely and head back to Ukraine for a few months then possibly South America afterwards. Goal is to get to $3k/month by February. It's a big goal but going to put in the work and try and make it happen!
12-13-2016, 05:34 PM
Find Reply