• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renting apartments in Peru
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
Renting apartments in Peru
Does anybody here have any experience with renting apartments in Peru (especially Lima)?

I haven't decided exactly how long I will stay there for yet, possibly a few months, and am trying to see if there are any options superior to Airbnb.
03-07-2017, 08:11 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
RE: Renting apartments in Peru
I recall Rick91 did an extensive Peru thread and would likely know.

Ricky if you drop in-
how are the boxing camps in Boracay? Can those little brown guys hit really hard in sparring?
03-08-2017, 12:52 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
I've been through Rick's posts, they were fun reads, but it seems like he spent most of his time staying in hostels which isn't how I want to do it.
03-08-2017, 02:38 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vance's post:
  • Hicks
Vance Offline
Deckhand

(03-07-2017, 08:11 AM)Hicks Wrote: Does anybody here have any experience with renting apartments in Peru (especially Lima)?

I haven't decided exactly how long I will stay there for yet, possibly a few months, and am trying to see if there are any options superior to Airbnb.
Here are a few sites you can check out other than Airbnb in Lima.

Urbania
A Donde Vivir
Doomos
Roommates Lima-Peru (Facebook Group)
Roommate in Lima (Facebook Group)
Dada Room
Booking.com (it's rare, but you can occasionally find some good deals)

*Last 3 only if you are cool with having a roommate.

That being said, I've found that Airbnb is the best bet. It's just easier. I found a small private apartment in Miraflores for about $600 (USD) a month through Airbnb. You can find some good deals for private apartments on the sites above, but many will be unfurnished and the landlords often require a deposit that there is no guarantee you'll get back.

Best of luck!
03-14-2017, 04:15 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(03-14-2017, 04:15 AM)Vance Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 08:11 AM)Hicks Wrote: Does anybody here have any experience with renting apartments in Peru (especially Lima)?

Here are a few sites you can check out other than Airbnb in Lima.

Urbania
A Donde Vivir
Doomos
Roommates Lima-Peru (Facebook Group)
Roommate in Lima (Facebook Group)
Dada Room
Booking.com (it's rare, but you can occasionally find some good deals)

*Last 3 only if you are cool with having a roommate.

That being said, I've found that Airbnb is the best bet. It's just easier. I found a small private apartment in Miraflores for about $600 (USD) a month through Airbnb. You can find some good deals for private apartments on the sites above, but many will be unfurnished and the landlords often require a deposit that there is no guarantee you'll get back.

Best of luck!

Thanks.  I've got an airbnb apartment for the first few days, if I like it then I'll likely extend it.
03-14-2017, 05:29 AM
Find Reply