• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Fantasy Sports
[-]
  •
PlanetOzzy Offline
Lieutenant

United States
Daily Fantasy Sports
DFS... Anyone try it? The main sites are Fanduel, Draftkings and to a lesser extent, Yahoo.

I've been playing DFS since 2013. There were actually some earlier conversations on the topic on this forum back then started by Don, who has since left I guess.

Very similar to sports betting except you bet on player performances.

It has recently expanded into the UK and there are plans for greater Europe.

Anyone here play?
03-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
MotherRussia Offline
Boatswain

RE: Daily Fantasy Sports
Yep. I do American football religiously. Unfortunately, the last couple years I've only been able to play on Yahoo because of their relaxed rules on playing from different countries. I can't even get onto Draftkings or fanduel because I am geoblocked. Sucks. Football is my bread and butter and Yahoo is pretty easy. The max winnings are pretty low, but you can frequently hit small, like 1k, 2k.

I don't usually play anything higher than $20 games, usually $20 x 5 teams. However, this year I am going to ball out.

I've got a friend who is killer at basketball. In fact, he just won 50k. And another friend who won 100k on baseball and now he is an writer and fantasybaseball analyst on sirius radio.

In football, it is a little more difficult I think. In basketball, you know who is going to get the ball on every possession. In baseball, you could look at recent trends and matchups to get a good idea. In football, there is so much more involved and hundreds of thousands of other people, too.
04-25-2017, 08:20 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
didnt the us try to shut this down in some states, has it affected things?
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com
friends blog: http://nomadphilippines.com/

04-26-2017, 12:53 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
MotherRussia Offline
Boatswain

Yes, they did try to shut it down based on interpretations of old laws. However, after some legal finagling, it is back up in New York at least.
04-27-2017, 10:26 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
PlanetOzzy Offline
Lieutenant

United States
I'm really trying to make money off this but it's hard.
07-16-2017, 05:35 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
MotherRussia Offline
Boatswain

You can buy lineups from people or have it contingent on you winning....I know a guy for each sport. One guy dominates baseball and is now a fantasy analyst. Recently he won 100k my other buddy who spends a good 1k a day on fantasy just won 50k last month in NBA. NFL is a lot more difficult because of so many variables involved and there are millions more who only play football. I have to play on Yahoo, where the prizes are much smaller, but they don;t use geolocation so I can play from Russia.

I've done well in basketball and baseball but haven't paid any attention to the sport and you can do this buy just using the right analytics. It eliminates some of the luck involved. It won't always be right or make you the best but it will help you consistently place
07-20-2017, 12:30 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
PlanetOzzy Offline
Lieutenant

United States
Thanks for the advise Russia!

Holy shit, that's kinda crazy and insane that Yahoo doesn't use location tracking....... in a good way

You could literally set up shop anywhere in the world and play on Yahoo. I've played a little on there but the prize pools are just paltry and pale in comparison to Draftkings and Fanduel. So for now, I'm practically a DK only player.

I started this thread in April and said DK had plans to expand in Europe. Well, They've even opened up shop in Germany AND Malta!!!

Zolo can play now too haha. Making money off of DFS while living on a beach in Europe sounds pretty nice haha.
07-21-2017, 03:10 PM
Find Reply