Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Hostels Are A Bad Idea
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Why Hostels Are A Bad Idea
Was just speaking to a friend who's out in Colombia at the moment and he's been posting up about what he's been up to, there was mention of meeting girls in clubs and in particular a sexy 18yr old girl he met last night with the indication that he smashed her.

I knew he was staying in hostels so I asked him if he'd taken her back there or went to her place (strange for an 18yr old to have their own place in South America from my experience) and it turns out neither. They just met, maybe kissed, in the club then he went back to the hostel alone. Some excuses were given about how he'd ran out of money and only had enough for a taxi back but that's just an excuse to me. Who lets themselves run out of money without having a back up stash or a card on them for situations like this?

I asked him why he didn't go back to hostel, get his card and then get a hotel room or ditch hostels altogether and he says "because hostels are great fun and a great place to meet other travellers". Dodgy

Yeah and a great place to stop you getting laid too it seems. What's the point in going half way around the world, meeting these gorgeous girls, buying them drinks all night and then not being able to fuck them because of staying in a hostel? Huh

Hostels are bad fucking news with their shitty dorm rooms, lack of privacy, noise and no outside guest policies. Don't stay in hostels young travelers you're shooting yourself in the foot big time! Get a hotel or apartment otherwise you're just going to meet and kiss girls and not fuck any of them. Tragic.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 04:36 AM by RockingForever.)
12-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Mixx Offline
Jedi-Master Mixx

Afghanistan
RE: Why Hostels Are A Bad Idea
Yeah, hostels have never been a playboys choice. Only poor backpackers stay in hostels, to those on tight budgets (none which appeal to foreign women).

Sometimes, guys go to hostel because it provides a sense of "safety"( in numbers)...well, guess what? Not all men are alpha males who make their own rules - some are more comfortable being part of a herd who provides safety abroad and taking what they can get of ass that comes their way. These type of men are called "betas", and what your friend did was 100% Beta. I;d lose him as a friend if I were you, can't see how a guy like that adds value to my spectacular life.

Mixx
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 08:50 AM by Mixx.)
12-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

I used to stay in hostels a few years ago mostly because I couldn't afford hotels and for a while I genuinely believed hostels were better / more fun / cooler / great places to meet people and kidded myself that even if I had the cash I wouldn't stay in boring hotels but I saw the light eventually. One too many times either having to fuck in dorms, trying to sneak girls in or being cock blocked by security / other backpackers and that was it for me, coupled with the fact you get little privacy, sleep or time alone and it's full of backpackers all wanting to do exactly the same thing, talking about the same things, going to the same places it just becomes tedious.

I used to think the fact there were other gringos in the hostel to go out with etc made it a good thing but now I can barely stand to be in the same venue as most of them and will avoid places where they congregate preferring to hit somewhere more local alone and it ALWAYS pays off. I have much better experiences that way than I ever did with people from Europe or the States.

I'm expecting Neil Skywalker, the 40 year old backpacker, to join up just to defend hostels and backpackers any second now. Dodgy

As for my friend I get the feeling that he'll consider this a successful trip now because he chatted with and kissed a few girls. He told me he's "pulled" every night but I imagine if that's true every night had the same ending because he always stays in hostels and I can't even imagining him trying to take them back even if he could. Don't imagine many young Colombian girls have their own places, do they?? He totally gave off the impression he'd fucked a few of them with "hottest girl yet" type comments on FB, it's only when I dug deeper it became apparent that might not be true. Just shows what some guys consider a success.

I don't hate on him for it nor would I disown him like you've suggested a lot of it has to do with the culture in the west where a lot of guys get no action because of girls with a superiority complex who think because they're Western and white and get loads of comments telling them how good they look from guys on dating sites, female friends and desperados who want to fuck them start believing it's true and they're above everyone else. So when they go abroad and a good looking and young girl shows even the slightest of affection they don't know what's hit them.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 09:44 AM by RockingForever.)
12-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dash's post:
  • deb auchery
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Most guys are not fuking a new girl every night of the week, so at most, people will only need a hotel room maybe 1-3 nights a week.

I recommend people on a budget to do what I do. Stay in a hostel and when you have a chick that is DTF, simply go to the nearest GF cheap hotel.

Will have to sacrifice alil extra money, but its generally that or no pussy. Keeping things on a budget, while also getting the benefits of a hostel, with the option to go to a hotel room when needed.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 03:12 PM by Dash.)
12-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
As above.

I stay in hostels from time to time, why?, because they are fun and you get to meet people.
My good friend is a multi-millionaire and travels around the world staying in hostels.
If you are a beta and don't get laid much, then better to stay in a hostel, otherwise it will just be expensive masturbation. If you do pull a miracle then you can always take her to a hotel

12-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Hostels are shit.
12-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
thejew Offline
Stowaway

I used to look down on hostels. I thought they were all filled with dirty hippy backpackers or hyper annoying ADHD party kids. But not all hostels are created equal it turns out, you must consider the time of season and the city you find yourself in. Recently my mind was changed when I quickly needed a place to stay in. I went to two different Berlin hostels and encountered quite a few groups of girls. They were in town only for a few days or a weekend, mostly to party. More specifically, we are talking about groups of Romanians, Polish and French girls, of high caliber averaging about 7. To tell you the truth, there were more attractive girls in hostels than in most bars and clubs. The situation is very different in the summer, I'm sure, but it was a nice surprise and I would certainly consider hitting one of those nearby bars to the hostel to pickup a foreign flag.
12-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
abc Away
Deckhand

Zimbabwe
My three biggest expenses when travelling are transport, accommodation and alcohol. I used to manage reception desks at hostels for years and stayed at hostels when I wasn't working in them. When I travel, I like to eat at restaurants and drink at bars and clubs. If you can cut your accommodation costs in half, you'll have more money for enjoying yourself. A hostel is just a place to crash and dump your gear. I don't stay in hostels anymore and don't consider myself a backpacker anymore, but why not when you're young?
12-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
@Atlas

Nothing wrong with hostels, but there is def an issue of fucking girls. Some hostels wont let you bring "guest" back at 4am. On top of that even if you did manage to get a girl in, your faced with another obstacle of LMR due to privacy issues being in a dorm room with 4-8 other people. Many girls will not be putting out under those circumstances.

If your stayin in a hostel and want to smash chicks, its something you need to keep in consideration and game plan for.

12-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
iliekmilk Offline
Gunner

Afghanistan
I once lucked out and got head from a horny Asian in a hostel but was not able to bang, there were just too many people in that room. I took what she was willing to put out and went to sleep with her in our bunk, the next morning I caught a flight at five am. The girl stayed sleeping in the bed and I just pretty much left her a note with my email. Mind you this was in the US, would I be in a hostel in a third world country.. no way; I can't believe dudes actually go to Thailand to go hang out in hostels, they must not like vagina.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012, 05:41 PM by iliekmilk.)
12-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
MountainLion Offline
Stowaway

I couldn't agree with the OP more. I always believed this.
12-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Quote:would I be in a hostel in a third world country.. no way

Believe it or not often the hostels in the third world countries are better than in the West. South America and SE Asia has some really nice, modern, hostels where as most of the ones I stayed in Europe and Aus in my younger years were absolute dumps. Aus was the worst, everywhere was an over crowded shit hole, designed to pack as many people as possible into for maximum cash. Over priced too. One of the best hostels I've stayed in was in Thailand, custom built solar powered building designed by the owner, super clean and modern, all mod cons, every little detail thought of, even the dorms were set out well with a partition separating each bed so you had some privacy. Definitely not a place to be fucking though, I took a couple of chicks back to that one and it was awkward as fuck in the morning with other guests, staff and owner.

Would I stay in one now? Probably not unless faced with no other choice.

Quote:Nothing wrong with hostels, but there is def an issue of fucking girls.

That's EXACTLY what is wrong with hostels. No decent girls going to go back to your hostel dorm and if you do convince her you have to contend with other backpackers being there whilst you try and fuck. Fun when you're younger for a short while but soon gets tiresome trust me. Anyone still doing hostels past the age of 25 is a strange one.
12-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
Well the hostel subject has been discussed many times before, both here and on the other forum. There is no one size that fits all.
12-08-2012, 04:34 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

For someone who likes to travel and fuck there's very little justification for staying in a hostel. I see hostels these days as a place for the young, broke, or sheep like who isn't capable of branching out solo.
12-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
(12-08-2012, 06:57 AM)RockingForever Wrote: For someone who likes to travel and fuck there's very little justification for staying in a hostel. I see hostels these days as a place for the young, broke, or sheep like who isn't capable of branching out solo.

You can fuck other backpackers in a hostel. Ive seen it numerous times. Most hostels also have a private room which you can book.

This isnt a black or white subject.

12-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Find Reply