Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hangovers
[-]
  •
Flying_Dutchman Offline
Stowaway

Hangovers
Let's have a thread sharing our best solutions for hangovers.

SNL's and seduction often go together with partying, going out, alcohol. What works well for the next day, for this infamous hammering in the head? Smile

I usually go for litres non-sparkling water, tomato juice, anything that contains a massive amount of tomatoes (soup, pasta with a lot of tomato sauce). It helps a bit, but more valuable insight into this matter is very welcome!
04-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
RE: Hangovers
Hangovers have been fuck all for me since experiencing comedowns after ecstasy. Even those were not too bad. Vitamin c lots of fluid and rest. If your talking about drink more than half a bottle of vod or more than 8 pints chances are your going to be on the shitter a lot. Acid burn on the butthole will be your biggest worry.
04-23-2013, 12:19 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
everyone reacts differently ....usually try to eat eggs add some salt..drink something with high concentration of vitamin C (e.g orange juice.....) , bananas will help along with vitamin B and iron....drink Gatorade if you have access etc....if you really screwed and need to be in physical performance fast get your re-hydration salts...can get them in you local outdoor adventure store....
04-23-2013, 01:06 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

My hangovers have gotten brutal the older I've got. Used to be the case of just having a pint of water, brush teeth and shower and be fine regardless of how much I drank but now pretty much nothing bar a couple of valium and a pint of Irn Bru will sort me out.
04-23-2013, 06:44 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes G_global's post:
  • MasterClasses
G_global Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
(04-23-2013, 06:44 AM)RockingForever Wrote: My hangovers have gotten brutal the older I've got. Used to be the case of just having a pint of water, brush teeth and shower and be fine regardless of how much I drank but now pretty much nothing bar a couple of valium and a pint of Irn Bru will sort me out.

Means your liver function is poor. Maybe kidneys too. I used to get terrible hangovers, complete with headaches and stomach ailment. Had to wake and bake to wait them out (unless I had no choice).

Since I got very healthy and eat fish and soy protein primarily (no beef, pork, chicken, lamb etc) and got rid of almost all processed foods, I no longer get hangovers. Even after drinking the better part of a 750 ml of whiskey in a KTV bar in Donguan (shit whiskey often as well), I wake up without a headache and feeling OK, and without having been drinking water all night, and dehydrating further as a result of sweating up some girl back in the hotel afterwards.

I never got hangovers when I was young, because my body still worked well - now it works well again.

04-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Cocaine is a safe bet.

Then again, I don't get hangovers because I've learnt my merry limit and then stop. Only thing I used to get is that juice tasks nasty in the morning and my legs muscles hurt from dehydration and yesterdays exercise.

Generally fatty foods are great. Full english fry up, Korean kitchen has great hangover food.
04-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes RockingForever's post:
  • MasterClasses
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Cocaine on a hangover is a great way for me to end up an anxious, paranoid, mess. I need downers not uppers. Valium is the king of hangover cures.
04-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Loy Offline
Deckhand

It's fairly simple, the Best bet is electrolites, they Will get you back in a short while, if that's not posible, then gatorade or anything of the likes would do the trick, and if you're lista somewhere in central original south america, well you can easily get a small bag of "suero" and mix it with water. Or cocaine, but that's more expensive.
04-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Again....

Valium.

End of.
04-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
MasterClasses Offline
Deckhand

Question  RE: Hangovers
[b=undefined]Guronsan and water is the answer[/b]

The hangover is the body reaction to the lack of disposing a bunch of toxins during sleep and dealing with the detoxification processing (alcohol, drugs, all those are toxics, right?).

A hangover from lack of sleep can be as bad or worse as from alcohol and other drugs. I had a lot of booze when in college, but I had chances to sleep. As I had to start working harder later, lack of sleep was a lot worse.

During the night, the organs work to clean your body, specially the liver, and at 7 AM bowel movements beguin so when you wake up naturally, you go to the toilet and get rid of those. If you do not sleep, that process does not complete, and you get a hangover. If you get more toxins and toxics than usual, more then your body can process, you get a hangover too.

So, a night out party has some root causes for a hangover:
1) Toxics (increase of problems)
2) Lack of sleep (reducing solutions)
3) changing natural or usual sleeping habits

I got a nice explaining from a pharmaceutical regarding Guronsan. It boostes your liver to work, overclocking it so it can quickly treat your toxins. I usually take only half at a time (after years and years of overdoing them). You can take a complete one, say, every 3 hours if its an emergency and you need to work. I learned this with reporters and cameramen also.

Trust me, try it. You take one solution of it, you world looks chaotic, and within a minute after drinking it, your brain starts working, your muscle aches (when using stairs) reduce 80 to 90%, and you can be functional for the rest of the day, or a couple of hours (depending on the damages).

Please be wise, do not overdo this for a couple of years, like, sleeping 3 hours a day so you can party and work. I did that for finishing college and working, and having a couple of extra girl friends, for a couple of years and almost burned out, had to take medical treatment to recover from an almost mental breakdown.

Another issue that is important: hydration. Liver needs water to process the toxins. If it works harder, give it water. Instead of those 1,5liter water you should drink, consider some 3 liters of water, saving your liver and solving the hangover.

Yes, electrolytes help balancing a little, byt electrolites are basicly a bunch of marketing bullshit to sell you sugar and kitchen salt. So it is mainly a placebo... if it makes you feel better to pay expensive over rated sugar and salt, be my guest. It just reminds me of the movie "idiocracy" quote: wy do you feed plants with gatorate? Duuuh, it has electrolites! (and it killed the crops, of course).

So, attack plan is:

Guronsan (always have it on your bag, car, kitchen)
Water (cheap, effective, underrated)
Sleep (yes, it works miracles).

And, ... did I mention to HYDRATE A LOT? Smile

[Image: Biological_clock_human.PNG]
04-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Flying_Dutchman Offline
Stowaway

Reading all these suggestions, I think the best would be to order a glass of water with/after each glass of alcohol. This should help a lot.

Anyone ever tried this?

I am going for this next time I am going for a party, and will report here how it helped.

Surprising as it may sound, as I am Dutch, I am not doing any drugs, other than nicotine and alcohol, and I don't plan to start doing this just to get rid of hang-overs Wink
04-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

This will also make you look like a douche.

Guys if you don't want to risk hangovers, just don't drink excessively, get buzzed, then stop.

04-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
MasterClasses Offline
Deckhand

(04-29-2013, 09:52 PM)Sexyback Wrote: This will also make you look like a douche.
Agree, makes no sense.

(04-29-2013, 09:52 PM)Sexyback Wrote: Guys if you don't want to risk hangovers, just don't drink excessively, get buzzed, then stop.
Sound like wise words... but its easier said then done. Minimize the problem, if possible, but have a good plan B, and that is what the thread is about, cure for hangover, not avoiding them LOL.

04-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sexiback's post:
  • MasterClasses
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

it's not that hard, next hangover you have, go into the bathroom, turn on full light, take a picture of yourself, print it, put it between your money. Once you decide it's time for shots after you're sufficiently buzzed you'll see that picture between your cash and wisely decide to just get a beer and drink it slowly rather than to do vodka shots.

Most hangover body- and headache is indeed caused by dehydration. But you're already pissing buckets when you're drinking, you might as well move your party to the mens room.
04-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Flying_Dutchman Offline
Stowaway

(04-29-2013, 10:21 PM)MasterClasses Wrote:
(04-29-2013, 09:52 PM)Sexyback Wrote: This will also make you look like a douche.
Agree, makes no sense.

(04-29-2013, 09:52 PM)Sexyback Wrote: Guys if you don't want to risk hangovers, just don't drink excessively, get buzzed, then stop.
Sound like wise words... but its easier said then done. Minimize the problem, if possible, but have a good plan B, and that is what the thread is about, cure for hangover, not avoiding them LOL.

Sparkling water in a longdrink glass with lemon looks good and classy enough, I would venture Smile Or even having a 7-Up/Sprite in that case. It's deffo much smarter to switch to non-alcoholic drinks at some point. I completely agree to this.

In EE, however, it is not always that easy, due to social pressure and expectations. Hence my question how to avoid hangovers Smile

Guys in EE drink a lot here when they go out as a rule of thumb.

If you are the exception to this rule, it can in rare cases work in your advantage, if a girl doesn't like/had bad experiences with drinking guys before. More likely it will raise suspicions, especially if there's some party going on, and you're the only one not drinking (anymore) after some point, without having to drive your car back home.

Especially if the girl you are with drinks alcohol, it usually asks for some calibration. It depends a bit on the girl you are with and the social setting/situation.
04-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Find Reply